Home > Forum > Tql

tql

Apr 13, 2017 at 04:02 AM CST
+ 2 - 1
who has hauled for total quality logistics i have been hearing good things about them and bad things i would like some imput who has hauled for them if it is worth hauling for them thanks.
Replied on Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 07:58 AM CST
+ 1
Read the forum and you will be able to make an informed decision.
Replied on Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 08:47 AM CST
+ 8 - 3
you heard good things about TQL? Whoever wrote them needs to be sent for a drug test or IQ test ASAP.

Replied on Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 07:11 PM CST
Were you hanging out with Satan when you these supposed good things about Too Quirky Locos?

That is where you will find yourself if you haul freight for them. In trucker hell!!!!!!!!!!
Replied on Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 08:06 AM CST
+ 3 - 5
I've been hauling them off and on since 1998 an I've done good it all about knowing how to get a good rate that you will be comfortable with you can't base your opinion on what someone else says good or bad cause your only getting one side of the story something must be rite about them they rank in the top 10 of brokers that's my opinion of TQL
Replied on Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 08:28 AM CST
Quote: "I've been hauling them off and on since 1998 an I've done good it all about knowing how to get a good rate that you will be comfortable with you can't base your opinion on what someone else says good or bad cause your only getting one side of the story something must be rite about them they rank in the top 10 of brokers that's my opinion of TQL "

Even in a snake pit you will find a snake that does not bite.

I have instructed my guys to block them on our boards that way we don't have to ever worry about getting bit. A few months back one of our operators hauled for them. They called me for permission. I told th my operator could haul for whomever he wanted as long as the credit is good. I told them to just not call me. Well they must not listen very well, because within two days they were blowing up my phone again wanting our trucks. I just started fowarding all those calls to the operator that seemed to love them. Guess what he did haul another load for them again.

When you play with snakes you are bound to get bit. That is just the snakes nature.
Replied on Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 09:15 AM CST
+ 2
Here's my two recent dealings with them. Both were local loads as we're TX only and primarily day cabs. I called on 2 flatbed loads. The rate was low but we negotiated upwards to an amount where I would haul the loads. It was slow here so it gave the truck something to do even though it wasn't as profitable as I'd like but a small profit is better than no profit. Broker said I'll give you both loads if you do it for xxx amount. Wasn't too thrilled about the rate but said yes I'll do it if i get both. Get the driver lined up to do it and he loads the first load and before he even completed the first load all of a sudden the second load was cancelled. Bullshit he found a cheaper truck. So much for their "word" of doing both loads.

Second one I never even touched the freight. Again another local load and I had a driver available. 30 mile haul and must be tarped. Called and asked about the load. Knowing how they operate pretty much knew it wasn't going to end up on my truck. What's it pay I ask. Was told $200. I literally lol' d over the phone. Broker was all "but its a real quick load, only 30 miles". Then comes the part over how much you need to handle it. Told him at least $400, its going to take me longer to tarp/untarp than haul it. Without blinking he said he could do $300. I passed and by that afternoon some sucker had already taken the load as it was off the board. TQL was trying to take over 50% off the top on that load. This alone should tell you all you need to know about how they operate.
Replied on Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 09:43 PM CST
+ 4 - 3
As some know TQL is kind of an obsession for me. I feel that TQL is the ICON of what is wrong with large broker firms. They are as dishonest as they come. They manipulate the market by posting loads that don't and never existed which supresses rates. They have very little if any clue as to what the rates for the Bulk Industry should be. Therefore they attempt to take freight from the good brokers that are trying to make an honest living like us drivers. I have contacts with many trucking companies of many sizes and I have never heard of anyone stating that TQL was anything short of evil.
If you honestly know someone that would state on this forum, that can be verified as a truck owner, that they had good paying honest loads from TQL. I would like to see it

Art Pfluger

Replied on Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 07:51 PM CST
+ 1 - 1
Quote: "As some know TQL is kind of an obsession for me. I feel that TQL is the ICON of what is wrong with large broker firms. They are as dishonest as they come. They manipulate the market by posting loads that don't and never existed which supresses rates. They have very little if any clue as to what the rates for the Bulk Industry should be. Therefore they attempt to take freight from the good brokers that are trying to make an honest living like us drivers. I have contacts with many trucking companies of many sizes and I have never heard of anyone stating that TQL was anything short of evil. If you honestly know someone that would state on this forum, that can be verified as a truck owner, that they had good paying honest loads from TQL. I would like to see it Art Pfluger "

Art did you get the newsletter from the Independent Carrier Group regarding TQL?
Replied on Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 12:03 AM CST
No
Replied on Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 07:12 PM CST
+ 1 - 3
Quote: "No"

Had to get one more dig in on old TQL before I rode out of here.

TQL, we have started a just say no campaign against you. It is going viral as we speak. I have done nothing but tell the truth about your company. Your legal department more than likely has already reviewed it. It may take some time to impact your company, often times things like this do. In the end you will either change your ways or you will go away. I care not either way. At one time you were indeed a good company to work with, it is a shame that somehow you changed into what you are today.

Ghost postings, overbearing contracts, accessorials not being paid, calling and hounding shippers, brokers, and carriers alike. Telling all parties the cheapest rates possible. this list could go on and on. In reality what has cost you the most with me was when your employees continued to harass me personally at all hours of the day, they thought it was funny, while I did not. I have never called the owner of your company at all hours of the day just to mess with him. This just speaks to the level of unprofessionalism that your company stooped to.

The only apology that I would accept would be from the very owner of your company, and then I would inform him that I still no longer wanted to do business with his firm. I am sure that he may be an honorable man but he should know that he is held accountable by the actions of those that work for him.

Once the trust factor has been broken in a business relationship as with any relationship there is no going back. I hope that your company understands that, it is better to keep your word and make money off of a lot of folks then to try and take advantage of everybody and end up in the end not making any money off of any folks.
Replied on Mon, May 01, 2017 at 05:34 PM CST
Even seeing negative articles about TQL in magazines like Overdrive.
Replied on Tue, May 02, 2017 at 02:01 PM CST
Just got a call from TQL. Paying $1600 on 730 miles. Told him I wouldn't consider it for less than $2500. He called back in 5 minutes and raised his offer by $700 to $2300. I'm sorry, my truck is no longer available. ;-) Loads tomorrow at 8 am and by that time they would have had it covered for less money and told me the load got cancelled. Been there, done that!
Replied on Tue, May 02, 2017 at 02:44 PM CST
+ 1
You mean TQL had a load for sure , i call on a few loads and they never had a load , i thing they are shopping for name and numbers
Replied on Wed, May 03, 2017 at 08:00 AM CST
I've dispatched sever Step Deck & Refer trucks on their loads. Haven't yet done a bulk load. They usually make my drivers crazy with all the check calls. They are NOT good with Detent Time & TONU situations. Sometimes you can get a decent rate & a lot of times their freight is cheap..
But on that note they are Huge, and have freight almost everywhere. They are good sometimes to get out of a bad area if there is no-one else with freight. I have lost a few direct customers to their cheap rates too though. They used to be good about loading NEW carriers. Good for new MC #'s.
Replied on Tue, May 09, 2017 at 12:15 AM CST
But where is the TQL corporate people to make sure there are some kind of standards to comply with? Where is corporate to account for TQL form of price fixing and manipulation by posting many loads that don't exist? Who wants to work with one guy that may or may not have some scruples when there are so many low life's in one place? Why not see the problem and go somewhere with ethics?

Art Pfluger
Replied on Tue, May 09, 2017 at 08:07 AM CST
+ 3
Dude don't rely on a forum, look up a load on the load board, if its from us and you dont mind the details and you get the rate you need or close to it, take it.... We dont find trucks then fall out on them... Our outbound calls are recorded, so if you think that is happening you can call Carrier operations and they can find out for you. Our customers cancel loads on us, bc if you dont know thats who loads come from... more then likely they find a cheaper truck or product isnt ready. There are ghost loads and that is only bc a broker has had trouble getting a load covered ie. in Boydton TN (where the hell is that, we may say Knoxville), so they post it to the nearest bigger city for more interest.... Your dispatchers dont want to look the cities up so we are actively helping our loads seem more attractive.... thats what you do as a Broker when its tough to get a load covered. And as far as rate this is a negotiating industry, negotiate for a better rate, sell your truck...why should we use you when your drivers never call in for check calls or your drivers have bad manners around shippers. This indusrty is love hate, sometimes you love it sometimes you hate it... but when you need to get where you need to go and we have the load.... yall are damn sure calling for it. These are individual people running their own book of business under the TQL umbrella.... I wish you guys knew you honestly take home way more money from us then you think! I pay great stepDeck rates out of indianapolis ever in the area call me...
Replied on Tue, May 09, 2017 at 10:31 AM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Dude don't rely on a forum, look up a load on the load board, if its from us and you dont mind the details and you get the rate you need or close to it, take it.... We dont find trucks then fall out on them... Our outbound calls are recorded, so if you think that is happening you can call Carrier operations and they can find out for you. Our customers cancel loads on us, bc if you dont know thats who loads come from... more then likely they find a cheaper truck or product isnt ready. There are ghost loads and that is only bc a broker has had trouble getting a load covered ie. in Boydton TN (where the hell is that, we may say Knoxville), so they post it to the nearest bigger city for more interest.... Your dispatchers dont want to look the cities up so we are actively helping our loads seem more attractive.... thats what you do as a Broker when its tough to get a load covered. And as far as rate this is a negotiating industry, negotiate for a better rate, sell your truck...why should we use you when your drivers never call in for check calls or your drivers have bad manners around shippers. This indusrty is love hate, sometimes you love it sometimes you hate it... but when you need to get where you need to go and we have the load.... yall are damn sure calling for it. These are individual people running their own book of business under the TQL umbrella.... I wish you guys knew you honestly take home way more money from us then you think! I pay great stepDeck rates out of indianapolis ever in the area call me..."

so which one of your 6 agents posting the same load should a person choose? i just got finished scrollng through some loads and the choices are endless.
Replied on Tue, May 09, 2017 at 02:22 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Dude don't rely on a forum, look up a load on the load board, if its from us and you dont mind the details and you get the rate you need or close to it, take it.... We dont find trucks then fall out on them... Our outbound calls are recorded, so if you think that is happening you can call Carrier operations and they can find out for you. Our customers cancel loads on us, bc if you dont know thats who loads come from... more then likely they find a cheaper truck or product isnt ready. There are ghost loads and that is only bc a broker has had trouble getting a load covered ie. in Boydton TN (where the hell is that, we may say Knoxville), so they post it to the nearest bigger city for more interest.... Your dispatchers dont want to look the cities up so we are actively helping our loads seem more attractive.... thats what you do as a Broker when its tough to get a load covered. And as far as rate this is a negotiating industry, negotiate for a better rate, sell your truck...why should we use you when your drivers never call in for check calls or your drivers have bad manners around shippers. This indusrty is love hate, sometimes you love it sometimes you hate it... but when you need to get where you need to go and we have the load.... yall are damn sure calling for it. These are individual people running their own book of business under the TQL umbrella.... I wish you guys knew you honestly take home way more money from us then you think! I pay great stepDeck rates out of indianapolis ever in the area call me..."

I'm with Art and Nancy on this one! I have talked with many TQL agents and there has been a lack of common sense on how TQL tries to bid their loads, they are unclear on the manner of how to bid loads and are VERY unscrupulous on the manner of taking business away from reliable carriers! This is not coming from a load board surfing, this is coming from personal interactions with SEVERAL TQL agents who may have book smarts but certainly have not training in the field they have entered! If you do not know how to figure a rate by the CWT then don't insult us who do! This also goes for your per mile lanes! You can stick that equaition up your butt with your head!!! There are variables involved with this industry that only those who have done the work in the past will understand! Someone getting hired by a "Mega Broker" and thinks they are a proffessional broker if a crock of crap! You want to be respected? Change the way your company does business or if you are a good broker/dispatcher then move on to a company that garners respect!! Respect is earned not just given!

Another thing, stick to what you know and not try to be all things to everyone!
Replied on Thu, May 18, 2017 at 07:51 AM CST
TQL has an SQA policy. If I book a truck and then fall out, it automatically flags me and I could easily be fired. We also grade all the carriers and it's a very 2 way street. I'll be honest "Bulk Loads' are not our specialty so yeah, I'm sure there have been dump trucks that have been screwed over by brokers thinking they could get some 'freight' but TQL also does 25,000 loads a week. and bulk might be 1% of it. if that. So at least know that you don't have the whole picture of this company. We are the #2 brokerage in the country and it's built off of relationships with Customer, shippers, and carriers alike
Replied on Thu, May 18, 2017 at 08:36 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
That's easy to get around. In my case the load was cancelled before I had any confirmation sent over but we orally agreed to a price for both loads. Just drag your feet on paperwork and then no paper trail for your SQA. The load didn't just vanish, it was still sitting at the port. A customer doesn't order something from overseas then change their mind.
Replied on Thu, May 18, 2017 at 10:20 AM CST
TQL has e-mailed me several times offering my own load for $225,which pays me $950..What does that say about integrity.And yes,they pull loads back several times when they find a cheaper truck..Do they even know what T.O.N.U means??
Replied on Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM CST
+ 2
Quote: "TQL has an SQA policy. If I book a truck and then fall out, it automatically flags me and I could easily be fired. We also grade all the carriers and it's a very 2 way street. I'll be honest "Bulk Loads' are not our specialty so yeah, I'm sure there have been dump trucks that have been screwed over by brokers thinking they could get some 'freight' but TQL also does 25,000 loads a week. and bulk might be 1% of it. if that. So at least know that you don't have the whole picture of this company. We are the #2 brokerage in the country and it's built off of relationships with Customer, shippers, and carriers alike"

That is true when you brag about being "The #2 Brokerage in the county" but you do know what #2 stands for!!!!!!!
Replied on Fri, May 19, 2017 at 03:09 PM CST
+ 1
THE dealings with TQL
i have had a # of calls from them wanting to what they call CO- BROKER and a few other companys i know they have called also
so this is no matter what they call it DOUBLE BROKERING this compnay has very few morals on how to treat the end TRUCKING Companys how they can make money
In our company we have BANNED TQL to work with them
Maybe this is what needs to be done so they Quite the way buisness is done in the industry

Replied on Mon, May 22, 2017 at 03:14 PM CST
+ 2
Quote: "THE dealings with TQL i have had a # of calls from them wanting to what they call CO- BROKER and a few other companys i know they have called also so this is no matter what they call it DOUBLE BROKERING this compnay has very few morals on how to treat the end TRUCKING Companys how they can make money In our company we have BANNED TQL to work with them Maybe this is what needs to be done so they Quite the way buisness is done in the industry "

I recieved a follow up call from the TQL quality whatever and they asked if we would like to haul loads for them. I politely said no we will NEVER haul a load for you nor will I take the time to do your agents jobs and correctly figure out rates fot the loads they are trying to move!

It is hard enough to make a dollar out here without companies screwing things up worse!