Home > Forum > LOAD BOARDS

LOAD BOARDS

May 19, 2017 at 01:41 PM CST
+ 5
Why is it the little guys always have to pay? What I mean is why dont the shippers/brokers be the ones that have to pay to post there loads. Its like kicking a guy when he's already down I just would like to know who does that. Myself Ive never had any luck with any of the loadboads at finding loads that paid what I was willing to do it for.Just think if the shipper/broker was the one paying to advertise you can bet your sweet tush it would be worth while or they would be paying for a ad that didnt move there product.
Replied on Mon, May 22, 2017 at 03:05 PM CST
Shippers do pay. I have to pay a subscription fee just like everyone else.
Replied on Tue, May 23, 2017 at 08:53 AM CST
Sometimes they are the "left overs" no one wants. Sometimes the shipper can only afford to move the product if there is a cheap truck. Let them rot.
Replied on Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:09 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Sometimes they are the "left overs" no one wants. Sometimes the shipper can only afford to move the product if there is a cheap truck. Let them rot."

I have never found anything on here with a decent rate yet. But you can tell what lanes are moving, and what lanes are not by watching it. About the only time you will find anything on here is when the D.O.T has there big 72 hour crack down, and everyone goes into hiding and shuts down for three days. Then you start to realize what kind of power we could have, if we would just say no. If you want the good paying stuff, then you have to go knocking on doors.
Replied on Tue, May 23, 2017 at 05:27 PM CST
Shippers definitely pay for load boards, plus paid subscriptions help keep the scammers off. The fuel advance scams are still running strong.
Replied on Tue, May 23, 2017 at 09:55 PM CST
Quote: "Shippers definitely pay for load boards, plus paid subscriptions help keep the scammers off. The fuel advance scams are still running strong. "

How does the fuel scam work? Guess I haven't had the honor of dealing with that one yet.
Replied on Tue, May 23, 2017 at 09:58 PM CST
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Replied on Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:29 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "How does the fuel scam work? Guess I haven't had the honor of dealing with that one yet."

Well this might be a bit long winded...

I, as a broker, have a load posted NYC to Chicago. "Paul" calls, books the load for $1000 and gives me setup paperwork (W2, ins, authority, etc) that was stolen from a legitimate carrier. He then goes and re posts the load using a legit broker's paperwork that he stole, and books a legitimate carrier under that broker's information for say $2000. The legit carrier picks up, sends Paul the bol, and Paul sends me the BOL and asks for a fuel advance. I issue him a fuel advance via comcheck, Paul cashes the comcheck and throws away the burner phone that he used to contact me.

Some will take it farther and let the load deliver and take a quickpay for the whole load.

The worst case scenario is a time sensitive product (produce) that Paul tell's the carrier it is going somewhere else than it actually does. At this point, it is unlikely the carrier gets paid and the broker is out the advance and paying disposal, insurance claim, etc.

It is my understanding that this is called the Fresno Scam. ALWAYS verify phone numbers of carriers as well as brokers. If the number that Paul gives you doesn't match what is listed it's always worth the phone call to the listed number.

I have heard of and dealt with a few variations but the basic principle is always the same, take the money and run, good luck to the broker and the truck at finding each other and making it work.
Replied on Wed, May 24, 2017 at 08:45 AM CST
Quote: "Shippers definitely pay for load boards, plus paid subscriptions help keep the scammers off. The fuel advance scams are still running strong. "

I was told once by a shipper/broker that he didnt have a load at my rate , and that he was just fishing for cheap trucks.