Home > Forum > NEED BACK HAUL

NEED BACK HAUL

May 05, 2010 at 08:13 AM CST

I NEED A BACKHAUL FOR MY DRIVERS FROM RICHARDTON ND TO ELDRIDGE ND ANY IDEA'S????
Replied on Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:15 AM CST
Backhaul (trucking), in the transportation world, when a trucking company needs a load back to their terminal to get a driver home
Replied on Tue, May 25, 2010 at 05:39 PM CST
+ 1

I agree the word backhaul needs to go. A backhaul implies that a load is needed to get back home and a lessor rate, but everybody is going somewhere and all the freight rates are lower because if you trow it out there at the backhaul rate someone will take just because they need a backhaul. I think a load is a load going out or in its the same and you should lose the backhaul word.
Replied on Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Backhaul (trucking), in the transportation world, when a trucking company needs a load back to their terminal to get a driver home"

Replied on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 04:54 PM CST
good answer PAYHAUL i like it
Replied on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 05:20 PM CST

IF YOUARE A CARRIER AND ARE TIRED OF THESE BROKERS ROBBING THE RATE JUST SPEND THE TIME AND MANY PHONE CALLS AND GET THE FREIGHT DIRECT.

Replied on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 05:41 PM CST
why would driver do that then they just want more money
Replied on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 05:30 AM CST
this works some of the time, but most of the time the broker is shipping way more of that companies freight for them than you ever would be able to, therefore you are just a little guy with big thoughts and few trucks!!!!!! LOL Sounds good when you say you're gonna take all the brokers freight though, doesn't it???
Replied on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:03 AM CST
I just don't haul cheep freight. We know what it cost to operate per mile, or what our expenses are per month and what that cost is per day. so why haul anything that does not meet the expense & per mile cost pluss what we need to make a living. I say end per bushel and per 100 wht pay and start charging everything per mile. it is not our fault if they do not give a full load.
Replied on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:57 AM CST
+ 1
I paid a flat rate one time on some grain the the carrier only hauled 40,000 lbs......ended up costing me quite a bit more per unit than I figured and decided never to do that again.
Replied on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 07:19 PM CST

what a cut rate clown, first of all you must of hauled your corn to richardton for nothing because you should be able to send your guys home from there with no load if you charged anything at all! and now you want a so called back haul what is this your first time sending trucks out? sounds like a filthy rich farmer with a few trucks and time on his hands. Probally has farm plates on the trucks. by the way i now of loads going back your way but hell if i will tell you........HAVE A NICE DAY

Replied on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:59 PM CST

Go get them killer. Piss on them cheap loads and brokers