Home > Forum > ANY SUGGESTION ON OFF LOADING DDG

ANY SUGGESTION ON OFF LOADING DDG

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM CST
+ 1
I have started hauling DDG it is taking 2 to 3 hours to off load. I have vibrators and I use a deadblow hammer on the heavier alumanum brackets Help
Replied on Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 01:33 PM CST

doesnt matter what u have u can vibrators all the way around your hoppers its summer times that stuff sticks like glue and it depends on the plant u haul out of they probly not squezzing enough oil out of the product saving money on there end now winter time is a different story slides out like grain
Replied on Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:40 AM CST
One of may grain buyers said to use 10 lbs of flour -it does help let know.
Replied on Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 04:10 PM CST
tie a rope to your middle bow in each hopper leave enough hanging out the bottom so you can get ahold of it this helps get it started and as you know thats the hard part
Replied on Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 09:42 PM CST
Tell me more about using the rope.
Replied on Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM CST

Take your trailer to the car wash and stray the inside with the high pressure wax!! It will make it fall out like grain

Zach

Z & E Trucking L.L.C
Kingsville Missouri 64061
816-786-3286
Replied on Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM CST
You can also use a long wooden dowel rod and poke a hole from the top to get it started.
Replied on Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 09:32 PM CST

i just wouldnt haul it period
Replied on Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 09:56 PM CST

wash ur trailer out all the time i have new trailers and old ones my guys that pull the new ones that are clean dont have problems i have one guy that bitches all the time then i look in his trailer and it is dirty thats why and i have better luck whith the big doors ag hoppers suck for ddg
Replied on Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 05:05 PM CST

thanks buddy
Replied on Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 01:29 PM CST
Shane - what type of rope do you use and where exactly do you tie it on the trailer to loosen up the DDG? Thanks.
Replied on Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 01:31 PM CST

We are are hauling DDGS from Omaha area and are having a time unloading it! Other trucks deliver to the same place and their DDGS fall out like wheat. The DDGS we haul are orangish in color and the DDGS that slide out of yellowish in color. Why is that? And where do drivers go to get DDGS that are easier to unload?

Replied on Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:26 AM CST
Fist thing i do is make sure my corners are clean before i load. Then what ever is left in after dumping i use my brakes, broom, and ice chipper. some of the damper types can be a pain in the ass, i dont think i have spent more than 45 min unloading. GOOD LUCK
Replied on Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 08:39 AM CST
there is not a 100% proof way to get them off. the humidity,temp,recipe,how dry,and trailer all have factors on how it comes out. high powered wax in ia doesnt do any good. it is a luck of the draw deal. sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesnt. i've seen small hoppers unload easier and faster than oversized hoppers with every helpful option coming from the same plant same day and same dump site.
Replied on Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 08:13 PM CST
Keep your trailer clean and dry. Make sure you sweep it out of the corners, off the rails and bows, and any steps you may have in the trailer every time to keep the new stuff from sticking to the old. We load it here sometimes and if they load them hot, by the time we get where we're going, the condensation makes them clump. Long broom handle or rod from the bottom helps when it rat-tails. We've even hauled them in pneumatics, and sometimes had to de-pressurize and shake it down to move some of it loose. Good luck!