Home > Forum > WHO HAS THE BEST HOPPER BOTTOM

WHO HAS THE BEST HOPPER BOTTOM

Sep 02, 2010 at 11:56 AM CST
Who do you guys think has the best hopper bottom on the marker? Timpte?
Replied on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 12:56 PM CST
Wilson has the best quality hopper bottom. They are not always know for the lightest trailer, but they can not be pulled apart regardless of the roads or load size. We have run many Wilson trailers both over the road and off of the field and constant runs into Canada with little trouble and a life that gives us 10+ years. Usually around 10 years we need some reconditioning because of the damage road salt does to Aluminum over time. I have seen these trailers put in the ditch to near roll overs and come right back to straight and head down the road once the load was taken off and pulled back on.
Replied on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 01:23 PM CST
I have several customers who will not load Wilson trailers, because they tend to not get enough product on, as well as the fact that if there's a height restriction they can't accomodate that. Tempte's are the best by far in my experience.
Replied on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 01:58 PM CST
Thats what were pulling now is timtpe but i did not know what everyone thought about wilson and cornhusker.

Thanks for the advice guys
Replied on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:03 PM CST

I have a 50 foot triple axle Wilson that is 8 months old now and cant get Wilson trailer to fix the wheel seals. They keep seeping grease on the ABS ring and keep setting off the ABS light but after they had put 3 sets of wheel seals in and all of a sudden they call this normal. So your trailer that you buy is only as good as the service and so far Wilson is not very good!

Replied on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 05:09 PM CST

Thats what I have heard thank you for advice
Replied on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 10:13 PM CST
Not sure why a customer would not load you just cuz you have a certain trailer. Yes Wilson may weigh a little more, but what about the truck, that makes more of a weight difference than the trailer. As far a height, every trailer company has different sizes, why would that make a difference also. No trailer is perfect, and no trailer is always junk. Each have their good and bad. I like my Wilson, have had them for years and have had very little problems.
Replied on Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 11:28 AM CST

Several of the people I haul for load over the top and wilsons don't have moveable bows. That's why they would refuse a wilson trailer. In my experience they are better due to their adaptability to different requirements.

Replied on Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 01:43 PM CST
Thanks guys
Replied on Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 12:12 AM CST

I agree that wilson is a lot stronger than timpte , I have had trouble with timpte splitting on the cross members right above the tires and I know others that have had the same problem ,wilson is a little heavier but much a durable trailer and I have owned both.