Home > Forum > TRUCKING FOR PROFIT

TRUCKING FOR PROFIT

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM CST
+ 5 - 2
We started an open group on Facebook for those that are interested. Trucking for profit is the name of the group. If you are interested then come join us. You do not have to be an Independent Carrier for this one.
Replied on Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 09:24 PM CST
+ 1 - 2
We should proceed with operation KAOS.
Replied on Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 07:08 AM CST
+ 3 - 3
Rolling in this week at 58% profit. Good week.
Replied on Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 12:20 PM CST
+ 17 - 4
I see that somebody does not like me making a profit. Ha Ha
I guess the only ones that are supposed to be making profit in this industry are the shippers, brokers, and the Mega-Carriers. Maybe we little Independent Carriers should just keep on rolling at a loss until we are out of the business, that seems to be what the rest of the industry wants.

What are you people going to do when the ELD's are in full effect? I have been trouble shooting for shippers on their problem lanes, they seem to think the calculator and google maps is a legal run. What a joke, when a shipper, broker, or dispatcher don't even understand how long it takes for a trucker to do the job.

I expect my margins to only increase by the end of the year. I will not apologize for such. You on the other side have been raking it in on the backs and asses of us truckers for far long enough. It is time for us to take back what is rightfully ours freedom with integrity. Truckers now it is your time to swing the hammer, now it is your time to make the profit that you deserve. Quit giving away your services for free. Grab a set of balls and become a bull instead of a steer.

I expect this posting to get quite a few dislikes. It seems that our pansy correct society does not like the truth but the lie. Well here is what my generation X ass says to that: SUCK IT!!!!
Replied on Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 06:10 PM CST
+ 5
Quote: "I see that somebody does not like me making a profit. Ha Ha I guess the only ones that are supposed to be making profit in this industry are the shippers, brokers, and the Mega-Carriers. Maybe we little Independent Carriers should just keep on rolling at a loss until we are out of the business, that seems to be what the rest of the industry wants. What are you people going to do when the ELD's are in full effect? I have been trouble shooting for shippers on their problem lanes, they seem to think the calculator and google maps is a legal run. What a joke, when a shipper, broker, or dispatcher don't even understand how long it takes for a trucker to do the job. I expect my margins to only increase by the end of the year. I will not apologize for such. You on the other side have been raking it in on the backs and asses of us truckers for far long enough. It is time for us to take back what is rightfully ours freedom with integrity. Truckers now it is your time to swing the hammer, now it is your time to make the profit that you deserve. Quit giving away your services for free. Grab a set of balls and become a bull instead of a steer. I expect this posting to get quite a few dislikes. It seems that our pansy correct society does not like the truth but the lie. Well here is what my generation X ass says to that: SUCK IT!!!!"

Dear meggafleets, Alfred has you surrounded. Give up or else!
Replied on Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 02:51 PM CST
+ 4 - 3
Finished last week at 40%. Will be adjusting my margins again this week. We are into April, prime time dry van running until about September. The Mega's are locking in their contracts. I have been getting more and more emails from shippers direct trying to get me to beat these April contracts. So far none really interest me, the Mega-Carriers already pay me more than the shippers want to direct. Why would I want to contract for less than I can make hauling sub-contract for a Mega-Carrier?

I don't care if they are making their profit off of my truck as long as my truck is making the profit I need it to make. The same applies to brokers as well, why should I care if the broker is making profit off of my truck? It is when the shipper thinks that I don't know my cost, the brokers cost, and the Mega-Carriers cost as well as the shippers cost to do it themselves that I care.

I realize that the shippers dislike me telling the truth, they are afraid that I am bursting their little profit bubble that they have created with deregulation. Everything was fine back when I was the shipper marking up the trucks rate by 15% for shipping and handling. What was wrong with that? I did not shop for the cheapest trucker or broker to haul my freight. I looked for the most effective trucking company or broker to get my freight covered. The whole purpose for me outsourcing was to avoid the headaches involved with having one of my trucks tied up on OTR vs Local. I did not take a loss, I made profit when the trucker or broker was making profit.

If that has changed (and I doubt that it has) then I am totally in the wrong. The problem is that I have invoices over here from things that I have ordered from Mega-Shippers and they not only have my price for the widgets, but shipping and handling as well. This leads me to believe with a little backmath that the standard practice that we used years ago still is used today.

Imagine that Mr. Trucker and Mr. Broker that the shipper is telling you to get the cheapest trucks possible but they are not passing their savings down to the end user. They are still marking up what the actual cost should be and just making more profit off of the trucker and the broker combined. All the while pitting us against each other as enemies. Very good tactic there to say the least.

When truckers start understanding how and where to run there business profitable, then and only then will the pendelum start swinging in our direction. As long as we continue to bicker with one another well confusion still is in charge and nothing gets accomplished. We all end up sounding like a bunch of kids on the playground telling each other that my daddy can whoop your daddy. Do any of you remember that? When in reality our daddies were drinking buddies and would whoop our asses for doing such.

I honestly am just trying to help each and every small business owner out here grap what is rightfully theirs. Freedom with Integrity. It does not matter to me whether you are a small shipper, small broker, or small trucker. We are all being pitted against each other while the Mega-Corporations laugh all the way to the bank. I figure that by showing others how to Truck for profit, maybe we can start becoming the kings of the road again instead of the turds of the road.
Replied on Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 10:15 PM CST
I ran long this week so my margin is not as good as previous weeks. Right now sitting at 25% for the week. Will see what tomorrow has to offer.

On the other hand other members are running at 30% - 35% this week. Good for them, I like seeing the profit mentality catch on with the Independents.

Hope to see the same for our farmer brothers. Thanks to all the farmers that have listened and are now hauling vans and flats legally at a profit.

This is a least a step in the right direction. We will continue to gain momentum and then be able to establish our prices for our services and crops.

Replied on Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:52 PM CST
Is your page still on Facebook. I could not seem to find, then again I get lost online easily.

Thanks
Replied on Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 03:50 PM CST
Quote: "Is your page still on Facebook. I could not seem to find, then again I get lost online easily. Thanks"

Yes, it is.

Try Trucking For Profit (rated R)

I had to rename it to warn others that I may get a little offensive with my language from time to time.
Nothing new about that one from me.
Replied on Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 06:44 PM CST
Well not a good week this week. No loads that were profitable. This usually happens before Easter. Did get to meet with quite a few good folks in OKC this week. I will be meeting with a couple of more tonight at the Petro, before bouncing back home. So even if the business side was not prifitable this week, I met with some great folks. Sometimes relationships are more profitable than money.
Replied on Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 08:08 PM CST
Quote: "Well not a good week this week. No loads that were profitable. This usually happens before Easter. Did get to meet with quite a few good folks in OKC this week. I will be meeting with a couple of more tonight at the Petro, before bouncing back home. So even if the business side was not prifitable this week, I met with some great folks. Sometimes relationships are more profitable than money."

Well we have a new campaign called the giant killer.
Replied on Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:43 PM CST
+ 1
Im all about making a profit.Do you have some concrete numbers to back up what you're saying? "My margin is up at 50%" Dose not count for much if you have little to no overhead and your running cost is at $70cpm which affectively means your only making $1.40pm. Now what if you"re lazy and only run 1000 miles a week for a grand total of $700 take home PROFIT......Id rather flip burgers at McDonalds..... If you want to get people on the profit train you need to show them what your working with.Just a thought.
Replied on Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:54 PM CST
For the record i ran my own truck and load a few more,i am a agent for a broker that i deal with. Knowing what the shipper pays i can honestly say that brokers are the greediest scumbags on the planet, In some cases taking more than 30% off the top and only making one call for it much to the shippers discussed.
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST
Quote: " For the record i ran my own truck and load a few more,i am a agent for a broker that i deal with. Knowing what the shipper pays i can honestly say that brokers are the greediest scumbags on the planet, In some cases taking more than 30% off the top and only making one call for it much to the shippers discussed. "

Not all brokers are dishonorable. I will state for the record that 70 cpm running cost is a ridiculous statement. I am the lazy the trucker that only likes to run 1000 miles for $3000.00 or more. Maybe you should check out my videos. I prefer to work smarter not harder.
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:16 AM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Not all brokers are dishonorable. I will state for the record that 70 cpm running cost is a ridiculous statement. I am the lazy the trucker that only likes to run 1000 miles for $3000.00 or more. Maybe you should check out my videos. I prefer to work smarter not harder."

Simply math is easy to follow when trying to make a point instead of baffling people with bulls$%t. So your at 50% PROFIT on $3000 means your at $1500. My driver cleared $1350 and he just steers the thing. I think i better go and check out your videos, im clearly missing the point of your post. If making a profit of $4-6K a week then im all ears.
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:31 AM CST
Quote: " Simply math is easy to follow when trying to make a point instead of baffling people with bulls$%t. So your at 50% PROFIT on $3000 means your at $1500. My driver cleared $1350 and he just steers the thing. I think i better go and check out your videos, im clearly missing the point of your post. If making a profit of $4-6K a week then im all ears. "

If your driver is making $1350.00 on 1000 miles then your 70 cpm statement just shot itself in the foot. Profit consistently will beat the big gross you are looking for. Besides I make more money playing options in one day than I can in a week driving a truck. The truth of me driving this thing any more is to just get out of the house. I got tired of my wife thinking I was not working.

Got tired of messing around with boners, paying them $$$ to just whine and complain and tear up my toys.

I am just a dumb old cowboy that wants to see others learn profitability as well. Who really gives a shit how much you or I make. Profit and cash is king, any argument against that is foolishness.

Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:36 AM CST
Quote: "If your driver is making $1350.00 on 1000 miles then your 70 cpm statement just shot itself in the foot. Profit consistently will beat the big gross you are looking for. Besides I make more money playing options in one day than I can in a week driving a truck. The truth of me driving this thing any more is to just get out of the house. I got tired of my wife thinking I was not working. Got tired of messing around with boners, paying them $$$ to just whine and complain and tear up my toys. I am just a dumb old cowboy that wants to see others learn profitability as well. Who really gives a shit how much you or I make. Profit and cash is king, any argument against that is foolishness. "

For the record I have been the shipper, broker, carrier, and trucker, along with many other things. Are we done measuring dick sizes? It is kinda chilly in Lincoln tonight and would like to put mine away. Lol
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:46 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
you completely missed my point. You waffle on and on and on but at no point do you tell anyone how to make contact with the shippers or where they need to go to get there hands on $4.00 a mile/$150 a hr work to make a PROFIT. If your cock was that big you wouldnt be wearing sunglasses inside with a headset looking like your about to land the space shuttle.Good luck with the QVC app LOLOL
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:11 PM CST
+ 3 - 1
Hey Alfred just wondering how you have time to drive with all the bs jaw jacking you do on here? If you were making the kinda money you say you do all the time most smart people would keep lips shut instead of on and on blah blah.
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:34 PM CST
Quote: "Hey Alfred just wondering how you have time to drive with all the bs jaw jacking you do on here? If you were making the kinda money you say you do all the time most smart people would keep lips shut instead of on and on blah blah."

One just may want to read the rules set on here...
Replied on Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:43 PM CST
Quote: "One just may want to read the rules set on here..."

Agreed,I dont work for Swift or Prime, i'm looking to load a truck here and there not have someone peddle there app and website 50~50 crap.
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 02:30 AM CST
Quote: "Hey Alfred just wondering how you have time to drive with all the bs jaw jacking you do on here? If you were making the kinda money you say you do all the time most smart people would keep lips shut instead of on and on blah blah."

I just state what I see. My money is none of your concern. Just because I have figured out to get paid for my value does not mean I am not driving. I guess the idea of someone actually trying to help others must bother you. I will blab until either my mouth is shut up my fingers are cut off.
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 02:45 AM CST
Quote: "you completely missed my point. You waffle on and on and on but at no point do you tell anyone how to make contact with the shippers or where they need to go to get there hands on $4.00 a mile/$150 a hr work to make a PROFIT. If your cock was that big you wouldnt be wearing sunglasses inside with a headset looking like your about to land the space shuttle.Good luck with the QVC app LOLOL"

No big deal. I want to thank you for your constructive criticism. I know that many out there you want to be shown the holy grail of how to obtain the shipper. How would that help if you first did not know how to bid? Do you think the shipper is going to throw out the best number to you in a negotiation?

I know that there is most likely somebody better than myself to do what I am trying to do. There are too many that miss the basics in business and that needs to be taken care of long before you throw youself into a prisoner relationship with a shipper or broker.

I know I am just an wackadoodle for believing in Freedom with Integrity, I am not expecting everybody to get it.
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 08:05 AM CST
+ 1
I will do a video just for you (Scott and Jesse).
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM CST

Go down to the second line of the rules...
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 12:50 PM CST
Quote: "Go down to the second line of the rules..."

Jeff, they are all yours.

This has gone nowhere.

I will just sit back and watch, make my investments, and only drive my truck when it is profitable to do so.

This dumb old cowboy has grown weary of the willing ignorance of it all.

I wish you and the others the best of luck. This arena seems to be like so many others. Whining, complaining, but no approuch to business with a business sense.

I guess people in trucking are happy wallowing in the cess pool that trucking currently is.

Arguing whether or not running a business for a profit or not is foolishness. I am the fool for believing in Freedom with Integrity in a industry and country that greatly lacks such.

I am not needed here, hell my hopper has been parked for almost two years now.

I will tell Jared to turn off my account here on Monday. My frac sand customer will call me later this summer, and then my hopper will be back to being profitable.

God bless those believe.
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM CST
Geez...you really need someone to hold your habd while talking to a shipper? grow somw balls, aqnd just walk your butt into the office maybe? or just be a bitch and take all the crap most everyone does. Unbelievable.
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 01:01 PM CST
Quote: "Geez...you really need someone to hold your habd while talking to a shipper? grow somw balls, aqnd just walk your butt into the office maybe? or just be a bitch and take all the crap most everyone does. Unbelievable. "

of course i mis spelled some words here...some....hand.just in case you all will comment on that alone...lol.
Replied on Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 01:49 PM CST
Quote: "Jeff, they are all yours. This has gone nowhere. I will just sit back and watch, make my investments, and only drive my truck when it is profitable to do so. This dumb old cowboy has grown weary of the willing ignorance of it all. I wish you and the others the best of luck. This arena seems to be like so many others. Whining, complaining, but no approuch to business with a business sense. I guess people in trucking are happy wallowing in the cess pool that trucking currently is. Arguing whether or not running a business for a profit or not is foolishness. I am the fool for believing in Freedom with Integrity in a industry and country that greatly lacks such. I am not needed here, hell my hopper has been parked for almost two years now. I will tell Jared to turn off my account here on Monday. My frac sand customer will call me later this summer, and then my hopper will be back to being profitable. God bless those believe."

Alfred..we have watched many come... and many go.. with just a few that have stuck around..funny how MC numbers have gone from the low 2 hundred thousand to about a million in 27 years...big dreams..big ideas...big talk..all dressed up and no place to go..
Replied on Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 07:27 AM CST
So..are we really supposed to take a guy with the name ALFRED serious?
Replied on Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "So..are we really supposed to take a guy with the name ALFRED serious?"

Yes. Alfred may not be correct all of the time. He does have his head on straight. You guys that are giving him a hard time need to shutup and think about what he is saying.Afred don't leave. since you guys who are bitching again and you don't understand margin I will make this easy you can't run for less than 2.25 a mile. that is long distance.that is long trips 150 mi. To40 mi.loads should go for 2.40 up to 3.50.per mi. Any thing less your going out of business.
Replied on Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 06:56 PM CST
Quote: "Yes. Alfred may not be correct all of the time. He does have his head on straight. You guys that are giving him a hard time need to shutup and think about what he is saying.Afred don't leave. since you guys who are bitching again and you don't understand margin I will make this easy you can't run for less than 2.25 a mile. that is long distance.that is long trips 150 mi. To40 mi.loads should go for 2.40 up to 3.50.per mi. Any thing less your going out of business."

Thanks, Daniel. I have never stated that I am right about everything, as a matter of fact I have learned from others during my time here. I would like to thank all those that have been patient with me and taught me many things that I did not know before. This decision is more an economic one really, I spen money here every month for a load board that I no longer use. I have done such to sponser this sight and in return I was allowed to advertise my own site and my app.

Any business realizes when the advertising dollars are no longer being well spent, such is the case here. I really just needed this recent bout to remind me that it was time to leave. There are many that have become friends with me through this site, and they still have my number and know that I am just an email or phone call away. I have nothing to prove to anybody, I know what trucking for profit is about and will continue to spread the message stupid shades and all. LOL

My app is going viral now and will stand on its own two feet. I will not have to cave to Google or Apple for a 30% cut (or a 100% markup) to market the app. The Trucking for Profit group along with the Independent Carrier Group is growing daily. Between my stock picks, running my truck when profitable, making sure the other drivers are running profitable that are with me, heading up the Trucking for Profit videos, righting the newsletters for the Independent Carrier Group. I am simply running out of time and must in all reasonableness let something go. I beleive this to be the thing to let go. Like the one gentlemen said, when do I find the time?

Who gives a shit what my name is anyways in response to that. My birth name is Alfred A. Jordan III (my nickname is Scott), many call me asshole, dickhead, shithead, dipshit, hammer, hatchet, along with many other names.

The responses on this posting by and large show you the juvenille mentality that one has to deal with over here. No wonder these folks are always whining about their rates, they must have dropped out of school in about the sixth grade. False pride is exactly that, and I have seen a lot of that in trucking. We want to blame the shipper and the broker when in reality it is indeed our own asses that do not know how to run a business at a profit.

None of you will have me to blame, I have given you people the best that I could. You have the answers in the many posts that I have done down through the years. Trust me they are there. The shippers cost, a truckers cost, the brokers cost, they are all there. Yet people want to continue to bicker and say foolish things. Should I stay and continue to swim in the fool pool and pay money each month to do so. NO, NO, NO, I think not.

To all those that chose to join us and get out of the pool. You all know the deal. Sometimes you just can't fix ????????
Replied on Mon, May 01, 2017 at 06:25 AM CST
Quote: "So..are we really supposed to take a guy with the name ALFRED serious?"

What does a man's name got to do with it? Would you feel better if he was named Fred? It's a forum, your not going to like everything that is on here. Three choices at this point. One is to scroll on, 2nd his to engage in a debate and either learn something or convince them that they are not correct or last is to call names. What's next, question his heritage or call his mom names?

Act like an adult and not a 2nd grade bully.

There is a lot that I don't agree with what Alfred says but that does change the fact that I respect his opinion and his passion.
Replied on Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 08:05 AM CST
The trucking business is kind of business which needs a lot of hard work and dedication. My brother is in the trucking business and has been putting in a lot of hard work. I'll try putting in as much information as possible that I can gather.
The factors that influence the profits in the trucking business are:
  1. Fuel prices
  2. Production of goods
  3. Competition
  4. Regulatory requirements and payment delays
The factors that kill the profit are:
  1. Cost of labour and fuel
  2. Insurance, permits, maintenance fee, taxes, license fee, etc.
  3. Medical fee
  4. Cost for office space
  5. Vehicle and trailer registration
  6. Administrative fee
The trucking industry sees a lot of downfalls but 2017 has been a really good year for freight. I guess the best way to earn a profit is to lease your truck to companies. This can earn you great profit and that is what my brother has been doing now.