Home > Forum > 9 Yrs Exp. Looking For Good Hopper Co.

9 yrs exp. looking for good Hopper Co.

Jun 15, 2018 at 04:25 PM CST
+ 2 - 3
I have 9 yrs OTR experience. 0 accidents, or offenses. Looking for a good paying Hopper Bottom company, to drive for. Must have health insurance, for Family. Please, no low ball. 3.5 yrs. Hopper experience. 5.5 yrs Dry Van/Flatbed. My email is: [email protected]. Phone#918-839-1961. Live in East Central Oklahoma. Across border from Fort Smith, AR. Need weekends off. Thanks.

Anthony
Replied on Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 09:58 PM CST
+ 3 - 1
You didn't sell yourself very well with week-ends off bit. That's what people look for in someone in this industry. No I'm not saying work every week-end but you need to be willing to work when loads need to be moved, be flexible unfortunately that's when companies or also aka brokers take you seriously, too see if your willing to go that extra mile for them. At the same time some of them will take advatage of that and some will appreciate that. just saying. It's your call, but this business is not an 8 to 5 job 5 days a week.
Replied on Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 12:13 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
I am also looking for a job like that. Please let me know if this job exist with good pay.
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 03:35 PM CST
Are you looking for a company driver position or for owner operator?
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 03:43 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "You didn't sell yourself very well with week-ends off bit. That's what people look for in someone in this industry. No I'm not saying work every week-end but you need to be willing to work when loads need to be moved, be flexible unfortunately that's when companies or also aka brokers take you seriously, too see if your willing to go that extra mile for them. At the same time some of them will take advatage of that and some will appreciate that. just saying. It's your call, but this business is not an 8 to 5 job 5 days a week."

weekends off happens here all the time except for harvest, seed seasons, drivers have familiies and if you plan well the job still gets done
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 03:52 PM CST
Quote: "weekends off happens here all the time except for harvest, seed seasons, drivers have familiies and if you plan well the job still gets done"

Yes but does it come with good pay and can you define what good pay is and all the amenities like pay medical and etc.
Replied on Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 09:51 AM CST
Company driver for now.

Replied on Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM CST
Quote: "Yes but does it come with good pay and can you define what good pay is and all the amenities like pay medical and etc."

we have universal heathcare here but most companies offer additional prescription, etc. plans. i cannot comment on the pay myself but from what i hear its fair at most places. i agree with you though it certainly isnt an 8 - 5 m-f job thats for sure.
Replied on Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:47 AM CST
Looking to hire 1 company driver W-2 for a hopper bottom. Paying 25% of total ticket only 1 unit left. Hauling mostly fracsand some fertilizer and a little AG products Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and New Mexico. 2014 Peterbilt 579 we go to Oklahoma frequently not sure I can get you home every weekend but atleast every other weekend 325-276-0917