Home > Forum > FMCSA Clarifies Ag Hauler HOS Exemption

FMCSA Clarifies Ag Hauler HOS Exemption

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:35 AM CST
JUNE 12, 2018 – The FMCSA has clarified a few key points of the hours of service exemption for agricultural haulers. Published in the Federal Register last week, this exemption relates specifically to the 150 air mile radius exemption, and how it can be used by ag haulers. As defined by the federal government, this exemption applies to any commercial motor vehicle driver that hauls “any agricultural commodity, nonprocessed food, feed, fiber or livestock . . . including insects.”

The premise of the 150 air mile exemption is as follows: agricultural haulers can travel freely within 150 air miles of the source without adhering to any federal hours of service regulations. There is no limit to how much they can drive, no required breaks, no logs to fill out, and no requirement that the truck be loaded.

Is there any kind of exemption form to fill out and carry in the truck or just put it in gear and go?

Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:47 AM CST
Yes this is great, but be carefull because the dates you can do this and so on is different in every state. I have the states list and will try to figure out how to post this for everyone.
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:58 AM CST
state regulation for the 150 mile exemption. I hope this work for you to open. it is the link to my pdf. try to copy and paste in your browser.

upfile:///C:/Users/curtv_001/OneDrive/Documents/Documents/VISSER%20TRUCKING%20FILES/ag%20exemption%20forms/Planting-and-Harvest-Periods-wDefinitions-021418-1.pdf

Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:59 AM CST
nope that link wont work. i will try to get it on here i just have to figure how to do it
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:35 PM CST
Does anybody know how to post a pdf on here.
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 01:12 PM CST
Illinois is year round.
Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 01:16 PM CST
Yes IL is year round. I would really like to post all the states for everybody to see and have but I dont know how to get it posted on here as a pdf. I will try to get with Jared to see if he can help me with this

Replied on Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 01:21 PM CST
Missouri is year round
Replied on Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 05:17 PM CST
Curt I'm sure if you contact Jared he could help you with the post. I would like a copy if possible
Thanks Art Pfluger
Replied on Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 05:23 PM CST
Quote: "Curt I'm sure if you contact Jared he could help you with the post. I would like a copy if possible Thanks Art Pfluger"

I just sent it to your email.
Replied on Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 08:19 PM CST
Got it thanks
Replied on Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM CST
Would you send me a copy too please???

Replied on Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:07 AM CST
Quote: "Would you send me a copy too please??? "

Yes, I will. Shoot me an email to [email protected] because I dont have your email, and if anybody else would like a copy of the harvest date state to state exemptions send me an email and i will send an attachment to you.