Home > Forum > Needing Help With Authority

Needing help with Authority

Jul 11, 2018 at 09:23 AM CST
Will you PLEASE help me...I had my own Authority until I was deployed to IRAQ for 18 months with the National Guard....Now I am trying to start back ....My insurance only allows me to run in the State of Georgia. So, I will have to get freight that stays within the boundaries of Georgia. My insurance is in full force with 1 million Auto and 100,000 cargo. I have rented a 2016 Freightliner Day Cab. So, Do you know anyone that will let me haul some freight for them. Like trailer loads that need to go anywhere in the State?

The next problem is that I thought my operating Authority was good to go. I have a contract with Pam Transportation to take a trailer from McDonough to Savannah pick one up in Savannah and bring it to Lake Forest. My Authority is not good because I have to detach our MC# from our DOT number because I don’t need the MC number just staying in the State. FMCSA is 7 to 10 days behind on entering the information in the computer to show up on the SAFE website. Once they update the information in the computer then I will be Authorized to use our DOT number then the contract with Pam Transportation will be good to go business as usual on our end. In the mean time I am trying to find a company that I can operate under their authority. If someone will let me operate under their authority I could either pull for them if they needed another truck and driver if not I could go to the contract that I have with Pam Transportation and do the Savannah run. That run is indefinite.

Can you PLEASE help me with this? It is quite costly renting a truck that is not moving…..ph 352-817-7003
Replied on Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:38 AM CST
Try calling OOIDA they can help you get everything that you need..
Replied on Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM CST
I never dreamed that it would be this hard...I have spoken to at lest 50 people since this was posted this morning.. I am starting to regret serving my country....I was in the army for 8 years..6 years active duty and 2 years in-active reserve...during the 6 years of active duty I was deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq... when I got off of active duty I was driving under my own authority...running running running but I had to attend drill with the national guard 1 weekend a month...on the 4th month the unit got deployment orders to go to Iraq...While I was in Iraq my Authority came up for renewal...you know the biennial update every two years, regardless. Failure to do so could interfere with the good standing of your USDOT#...I was more worried about getting back to Georgia alive than renewing my authority... Needless to say it Expired..The DOT put my Authority on NOT AUTHORIZED status.... when I got back I NEEDED some time...I went through a lot....I am not going to go into detail on the scares that had to be healed before I could actually do anything....you know like seeing a box on the side of the road and flashing back to a road side bomb.... I took a stand for our country when they needed me the most....matter of fact I stood in harms way for over 3 years...Now that I am ready to work...I got the paperwork done...The truck payment still coming ..the insurance done.. I have a contract in place and the FMCSA will not enter it into the computer for 7 to 10 days because they are behind....so I set here wondering what would have happen if I waited 7 to 10 days to go stand watch over the country... I have spoken to at least 50 people today asking them to let me operate under their Authority.... I ask and I beg that someone will stepped up to allow me to do that....I will not let you down if you do...
Replied on Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:31 PM CST
Jeff What is your member number I am joining and it is asking me who referred me and I am putting your name there but now it is asking for your member number
Replied on Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM CST
Quote: "Jeff What is your member number I am joining and it is asking me who referred me and I am putting your name there but now it is asking for your member number"

First .. Thank you for your service...I was a member a few years back but let it laps..hopefully they should be able to help you with all of your problems...also check their insurance..best of luck...i know dealing with the government is a pain...OOIDA should be able to get you rolling a lot faster..
Replied on Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 03:45 PM CST
call ooida they will help you out