Home > Forum > Toll Roads

Toll roads

Jul 16, 2018 at 06:54 PM CST
+ 1
Well, its been 11 straight years that tolls have gone up and now they just went up again in many places on 7/01/18. It's to the point that a carrier needs about $1.00/mi just to cover the cost of tolls and with elogs in force you are screwed for time and have no choice but to take the fastest route now days.
Replied on Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 07:58 PM CST
yep in Oklahoma on the 44 it's right at 1.00 a mile for the toll And you can count on that disease spreading nation wide soon.
Replied on Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 08:57 PM CST
73 miles on I-44 in Oklahoma costs me approximately 15 dollars, one way, with 5 axles. About .20/c a mile.. I think that is too high if you drive it all day long for sure.
Replied on Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 09:06 PM CST
$258.00 form Chicago IL to Baltimore MD and a minimum of $50.00 a crack to cross a bridge out east.
Replied on Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 09:14 PM CST
Pittsburgh PA to Philadelphia PA is 299 miles and and tolls are $190.00
Replied on Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 07:21 AM CST
from are local paper

This is the 10th-straight year the turnpike commission has raised tolls. The commission previously said funding obligations will require annual toll increases of 3 to 6 percent until 2044.

Replied on Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 10:29 AM CST
+ 1
Quote: "from are local paper This is the 10th-straight year the turnpike commission has raised tolls. The commission previously said funding obligations will require annual toll increases of 3 to 6 percent until 2044. "

These toll roads are a joke...or more like highway robbery...i can see a toll to go across a bridge..because of the high maintenance costs.. but a road? That was bought and paid for CLOSE to a century ago in many places and maintenance and repairs don't cost what they say 3 to 6%..and just why are most of these toll roads have a federal designated highway number? How much federal money AKA fuel tax money going to these toll roads? You can't deduct your fuel taxes on most of these roads.. So you are being double taxed on per mile...toll...fuel tax...maybe the feds should come in and build a parallel interstate besides these toll roads..and let's see how many would use those roads..im sure a few would..and sad thing is...these states that have toll roads.. that make you buy taxed fuel to run on them...has on the most par some of the highest fuel taxes...think of that one...vasoline anybody?
Replied on Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 01:04 PM CST
Kansas and Oklahoma increasing tolls thius fall again to

https://cdllife.com/2018/kansas-hike-turnpike-tolls-october/