Home > Forum > Broker Board

Broker board

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:17 AM CST
+ 7 - 5
I suppose nothing can be done about it, but I think it's unfortunate that this forum is fast becoming just another broker board. No shippers with loads, few carriers with trucks. Just brokers with a cell phone.
Replied on Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 01:25 PM CST
+ 3
When I'm in need of a truck or I'm mulling moving product in a new lane I post my loads in the "Loads" section of the site. Were shippers to post our loads/lanes here in the forum I believe it would be a cluttered mess vs a section for general discussion of topics relevent to our industry. Do you disagree?
Replied on Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 06:52 PM CST
Quote: "When I'm in need of a truck or I'm mulling moving product in a new lane I post my loads in the "Loads" section of the site. Were shippers to post our loads/lanes here in the forum I believe it would be a cluttered mess vs a section for general discussion of topics relevent to our industry. Do you disagree?"

A lot of people like to circumvent the proper manner to operate the business. I receive emails from shippers and brokers each and every day that end up in the trash. I do not have the time to field thousands of emails that do not even possibly pertain to our business nor locations of our equipment. The whole purpose of using a load board is to eliminate the riff raff emails or postings by unqualified companies that we would rather not work with. Those that are on our list that we gave them permission are fine but now a days our email box looks much like this forum has become.

Maybe the brokers that do not want to post their loads properly should use the For Sale section for their freight as well. Just saying.
Replied on Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 02:33 PM CST
+ 4
Quote: "A lot of people like to circumvent the proper manner to operate the business. I receive emails from shippers and brokers each and every day that end up in the trash. I do not have the time to field thousands of emails that do not even possibly pertain to our business nor locations of our equipment. The whole purpose of using a load board is to eliminate the riff raff emails or postings by unqualified companies that we would rather not work with. Those that are on our list that we gave them permission are fine but now a days our email box looks much like this forum has become. Maybe the brokers that do not want to post their loads properly should use the For Sale section for their freight as well. Just saying."

It's interesting that you mention the emails. The main reason I pay for bulkloads is for the feature that lets you look up trucking firms in a certain state and/or radius with certain equipment and reach out to them about loads I need haulled (I do this only after posting to the load board has essentially failed me). Are those the types of messages you find irritating & not worth looking into? If so, how else would you recommend reaching out to make connections with more trucks in order to build the type of rapport & lists you refer to? I'd love to know if other trucking firms feel the same on the email front as well. Thanks!
Replied on Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 07:09 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
I am a direct shipper. I work with a wholesale lumber company and I am always on the look out for O/O to help me deliver to our customers. Came here to broaden my connections with carriers not brokers. I am always needing flatbeds in AL, GA, SC, NC and VA.

Replied on Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 07:14 AM CST
+ 1
Quote: "I am a direct shipper. I work with a wholesale lumber company and I am always on the look out for O/O to help me deliver to our customers. Came here to broaden my connections with carriers not brokers. I am always needing flatbeds in AL, GA, SC, NC and VA. "

Also, when shippers post loads or send out emails if then reaches brokers in one way or another. I post to 2-3 load boards and I have a email list that I always ask if a carrier would like to receive. I get more response from my email than my postings in most cases. Not saying that posting isn't great to find new potential carriers but I have had more loads dropped by using someone that called on a load than I have for those I have emailed.
Replied on Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:32 AM CST
+ 2
I'm a shipper and we need dump load rates from Providence, RI to Rumford, ME. If you're all brokers or carriers, show me some numbers so we can work something out.
Replied on Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 02:44 PM CST
I’m in the dump bulk business but am thinking about buying a flatbed cause the dump business is terrible. I’m a O/O and would like more information. My contact information is [email protected]. Thanks Bryan
Replied on Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 08:35 AM CST
Please contact me directly at [email protected]
Replied on Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:11 AM CST
Quote: "I am a direct shipper. I work with a wholesale lumber company and I am always on the look out for O/O to help me deliver to our customers. Came here to broaden my connections with carriers not brokers. I am always needing flatbeds in AL, GA, SC, NC and VA. "

I would love to see what I can do for you!! [email protected]
Replied on Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:12 AM CST

I would love to see what I can do for you!! [email protected]
Replied on Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 03:26 PM CST
Hi are you still looking for trucks?

If you are I can help. Let me know at [email protected]

Thank you