Home > Forum > Bad Places To Load And Unload

Bad places to load and unload

Dec 02, 2018 at 09:42 AM CST
+ 4
Since the Sharing of information is fair game,let’s all share the worst places to load and unload and to be fair the best. The brokers use statistics to set their rates,our insurance companies use our claims to jack our rates, and our wonderful financial institutions use our credit scores to set interest rates,so let’s all help each other. Our ability to make money depends on getting loaded and unloaded especially with elogs.
I will start it:
Bad:
Riceland Foods Stuttgart Ar-uncooperative employees, over 2 hrs no trucks in front to load
Rice hull specialties Stuttgart,Ar 4 hrs to load 3 trucks I was 3rd
Hills Pet Foods Emporia Ks 4 hrs unload
Bunge Grain Emporia 3 hrs to load lots of trucks in line loading

Purina Feed Shreveport La - lucky if unloaded in 4 hrs
Western Feed Cedar Vale Ks- nice folks slow unload

Good:
Atlantic Carriers Atlantic Ia - nice staff- act like they care- transfer load,well run
Cargill Wichita - soybean mill in& out quick
Planters Cottonseed Pine Bluff Ar- well managed you may wait but not b/c of incompetence

Ok everyone I shared, let’s hear from you. Remember, we as haulers have to share to adjust our rates upward or we will all go broke. The only way these places will change is by supply and demand. We have to stop the never ending cycle of cheap hauls to get the rates up. Nothing personal,not trying to hurt anyone or company, it’s just sharing of information like others do.. Remember share & share alike, that’s why I put good and bad places.
Replied on Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 01:39 PM CST
+ 1
I think most places are not set up to load or unload trucks. I have been in Nestle Purina in Flagstaff AZ many times...sometimes it's fast sometimes it's slow sometimes they are jerks sometimes they aren't. I have been pulling a hopper for 4 days now and my best guess on average load and unload time is going to be 2.5 hours. previously I pulled a dump trailer average load and unload was 15 minutes loading 5 minutes unloading. I don't think there's any 1 place that is worse than another one it all depends on time of day...weather...and whether or not the moon is aligned with Jupiter and Saturn.
Replied on Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 07:29 AM CST
+ 2
there's a chicken feed Mill in Nashville ark....pet food plant in Mishawaka ind.....pet food in Topeka KS that I won't step foot in regardless what it pays
Replied on Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 07:30 AM CST
+ 1
oh and I forgot Mars in Victorville ca
Replied on Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 07:30 AM CST
Quote: "I think most places are not set up to load or unload trucks. I have been in Nestle Purina in Flagstaff AZ many times...sometimes it's fast sometimes it's slow sometimes they are jerks sometimes they aren't. I have been pulling a hopper for 4 days now and my best guess on average load and unload time is going to be 2.5 hours. previously I pulled a dump trailer average load and unload was 15 minutes loading 5 minutes unloading. I don't think there's any 1 place that is worse than another one it all depends on time of day...weather...and whether or not the moon is aligned with Jupiter and Saturn."

Haha!! Nice one, mate! I totally agree. It totally depends on the time of the day.
Replied on Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 08:37 AM CST
+ 1
Nestle Purina in Fairburn GA is horrible. You can be first in and still horrible, with no one in line. 2.5 hours of testing product they claim at minimum for moisture and parasite. Any other places I have been to do this un minutes. They don't bother getting samples sent until multiple trucks are in line also. I sit for 6.5 hours before they got the sample back. Ridiculous! I understand waiting but for no reason! You saying this is norm for Hopper bottom I have never seen this bad until here. The most I have ever waited was 4.5 hours, knock on wood. That was due to a break down. Loading also 3 hours due to breakdown are line of trucks. Most of the time is within 1 hr to 1.5 max. Most places I get unloaded in and out within an hour. If you go to this Nestle Purina in Fairburn GA you may want to not do it without any detention for less then 2 hours from the time you pull up to guard shack. You are going to lose a half days time of driving without it I'm sure!
Replied on Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 08:54 AM CST
I second the Purina votes, especially Flagstaff. I also don’t care for loading at Natural Soda in Rifle, CO or any Bunge facility I’ve been to.

Some of of the best places to load in my opinion are Redmond Minerals in Redmond, UT and Port 33 in Inola. I know sometimes there’s a bit of a wait at Inola, but I at least feel like they try to take care of you considering the volume they sometimes have
Replied on Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 09:10 AM CST
+ 2
MidSouth milling, Kansas City...horrible place to unload. There have been times I've waited 20 hours to unload and gotten 150 bucks demurrage but only after fighting for that. Home office in Memphis is quick to call you a liar
... you are often times their storage units.
Replied on Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 03:25 PM CST
Avoid all wheat midds loads especially ardent mills in pa avoid purina camp hill pa avoid VITALINE PET PRODUCTS HAZELTON PA DONT GO THERE ...... 10 HR PLUS IS STANDARD DETENTION TIME avoid midwestern pet foods waverly ny GOOD Martins elevator hagerstown md purina hagerstown md cargill martinsburg pa agcom Gettysburg pa any questions about pa and md places i can help out . this just skims the surface but i repeat avoid vitaline and midwestern pet they get lots of stuff from the west so they really shaft you guys that are coming from afar
Replied on Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 03:26 PM CST
record wait time at vitaline pet is 34 hrs