Home > Forum > CM / MBM

CM / MBM

Jan 03, 2019 at 09:22 AM CST
+ 4

Just a thought, no need for anybody to get tangled up. I've been doing this hopper now for 4 years , and I still can't understand for the life of me why these shippers/brokers/dispatchers all think that $2.50/$2.36 mile is good money to haul a load of stinky, bacteria infected chicken meal , blood meal, meat and bone meal, pork meal, and my # 1 favorite Ass meal , oops I mean feather meal. Now pay attention, If a truck takes on a load of any of the above, you can't go anywhere and show that particular Bill as a previous haul , EVEN with a washout. So that means that you are going to lose money or go against the commandments and figure out a way to tell a good lie (repent later of course), so you can acquire a reload to keep the business going. So why not make these people PAY up if they want their s*** meal loads done, because some places you go to unload you have to wait ungodly hours before you can even dump or take ungodly hours to dump it out in a small pit, (wow)?????? just too much. But like they say You're Staying Busy Aren't You!!! I'm gonna stop right there and give you all a chance to chime in if yall feel the need . Take care

Replied on Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 10:11 AM CST
Carlos, you are right about the pay except we haul all of the same products and never have any problems after a washout and we get detention if waiting for long periods
Replied on Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 10:49 AM CST

Yes , that's true R. KIRK, hauling the same product for the same customers is the way to go, but when you don't now that's something totally different. I get demerge, detention as well , but that still doesn't cover tieing the truck up because of 1 load. Let me say this, I haven't hauled C M, or MBM products for a while now, not saying that I won't, but I'll have to be paid accordingly before I do it. Thanks for the response.

Replied on Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 10:49 AM CST
I agree totally that questionable loads should pay better or figure the washout along with it. The next issue is 95% of those loads you mentioned deliver to pet food mills and they hold the gold standard for world class gold trophy DETENTION time.
Replied on Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 11:10 AM CST
+ 2

That's correct , and while you're sitting there, you're thinking about IFTA, FUEL, MAINTENANCE, FOOD , BATHROOM, SLEEP , THAT EVER TICKING CLOCK (ELD) , where can you find a washout, and anything else you can think of while you're sitting there LOSING!!! I didn't post this to cause trouble, by no means, but I did post it to make EVERYONE consciously aware of the situations that we as drivers incur in our struggles to survive and provide.

Replied on Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 04:37 PM CST
u forgot insurance going up even when u don't use it but I agree with all of it