Home > Forum > Boycott All Oklahoma Intrastate Loads

boycott all Oklahoma Intrastate loads

Mar 08, 2019 at 12:14 AM CST
+ 1 - 3
My company just got raked over the Coals by the man with the badge to the tune of $300.00. Yup Johnny Law out serving and protecting tonight decide to pull Sharon over just to check and see if she had her Oklahoma Commerce Operating Certificate. For those who don't know that is a permit required by the state of Oklahoma to haul loads with-in its boarders (intrastae). If you don't have one of these you get a $300.00 fine that must be paid on the spot via credit Card or Cash. If you do not have the money with-in a "Resinable period of time" <-- who decides whats reasonable? They will impound your truck and trailer. That's right they are allowed to take the truck driver out of his home and they are not required to put you up in a hotel. How is this serving and protecting? How is it ok to impound the truck and litterealy put the driver out if his/her home? This is the heaviestly regulated industry in the Country and now they are allowed and infact required to make a driver instantly homeless. WTF is wrong with this state? Hey Trump! A Little help over here!
Replied on Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 12:11 PM CST
+ 2
I don't know how long you have been involved with trucking, but most states require intrastate authority. 100% chance Trump is not going to help.

Replied on Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 12:43 PM CST
Youre lucky it was only a 300 dollar fine...bet that intrastate authority is a whole bunch cheaper..
Replied on Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 03:44 PM CST
Yeah apparently being a trucker is equal to being a criminal. I got shut down on a windy cold day, i asked if I could take the truck 4 miles to a town to do the repair, the reply was, "if that truck moves one inch we will take you to jail"
Replied on Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 09:12 PM CST
I have been threatened with jail as well. I guess I would be warm in there. Racked over the coals for $300 really ouch your pride got hurt the most trying to push your luck down the road. Surprise you just hit a pot hole.
Replied on Sat, Mar 09, 2019 at 09:56 AM CST

Yeah the boys in O.K. think they are god. I was pulling a 16’ wide load through there. I noticed a HP had another truck pulled over on a four lane so i moved over, slowed down and went on by. The HP waived at me on the by so i waived at him and kept on going. 10 miles later hes pulling me over after the road turned back to two lane with no shoulder and the ditch drops off. So i stopped and hes in the back waiving at me. Finally i get out and he says i have to get this load past the white line. Now im thinking your the idiot that pulled me over here. Finally i get it moved over enough and he asks me why i didnt pull over when he waived at me. He said in the state of O.K. when a HP waives thats a truck check and your supposed to pull over. No signs out or anything. I told him in S.D. where im from if someone waives they are just saying hi. Then i got threatened to go to jail because im guessing he figured i was right. Wasted 2 hours of my time with full dot. Told me wehn i left to watch out for his partner up the road and if he waives its a truck check. OK just thinks there god.

Replied on Sat, Mar 09, 2019 at 05:02 PM CST
Quote: "Yeah the boys in O.K. think they are god. I was pulling a 16’ wide load through there. I noticed a HP had another truck pulled over on a four lane so i moved over, slowed down and went on by. The HP waived at me on the by so i waived at him and kept on going. 10 miles later hes pulling me over after the road turned back to two lane with no shoulder and the ditch drops off. So i stopped and hes in the back waiving at me. Finally i get out and he says i have to get this load past the white line. Now im thinking your the idiot that pulled me over here. Finally i get it moved over enough and he asks me why i didnt pull over when he waived at me. He said in the state of O.K. when a HP waives thats a truck check and your supposed to pull over. No signs out or anything. I told him in S.D. where im from if someone waives they are just saying hi. Then i got threatened to go to jail because im guessing he figured i was right. Wasted 2 hours of my time with full dot. Told me wehn i left to watch out for his partner up the road and if he waives its a truck check. OK just thinks there god. "

If they threaten you with jail. Its just a threat..or you would be on your way..its time to call their departments internal affair and have a chat with them..then they will find out that a wave is just saying hi..
Replied on Sat, Mar 09, 2019 at 08:41 PM CST
Ask officer friendly if you wave at him does that you are going to citizens arrest him? I wouldn't think of stopping if an officer waved at me. LOL tell him that command is not in the manual.
Replied on Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 01:11 PM CST
Trump forgot us ( The Truckers)
Replied on Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 12:28 PM CST

We're out of Oklahoma, and as far as I know, it does not mean to pull over if a OHP waves at you. Judging from the fine, you were pulled over by a Oklahoma Corporate Commission officer. Those guys are not DOT, but pretty much have the power of a DOT. We've been hauling in and out of Oklahoma for over 20 years, and our problem in Oklahoma has been those OCC guys more than the OHP. If it is OCC, their idea of trucking is to see how much money they can make between fines and permits. If you pull over an Oklahoma scale and are overweight or overaxle, don't expect to leave without a $200+ fine.

Replied on Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 08:00 AM CST
its just taxation without representation. How much better of a cash cow can you find? They cant tax normal people harder or they would all get shut down so they take on the trucks and write a ticket for everything and if you dont pay guess what they have you by the connections and you have 2 choices to fight it or pay it. We have the same form of communism in pa. they call themselves puc officers. badge and gun and handcuffs???? ALL THEY DO IS CHECK TRUCKS. ARE WE CRIMINALS?????
Replied on Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 08:00 AM CST
And do you have certification to run intrastate loads in every state you do that in?? The feds should take a look at this problem and fix it. and the spotted lantern fly permit why my truck will soon be covered in permits and stickers.
Replied on Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:13 PM CST
You should probably know the state laws before operating in them
Replied on Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 02:34 PM CST
Quote: "You should probably know the state laws before operating in them"

How can anyone possibly know every law or rule, when there are 67 million rules per state? If you call and ask, even the dot forgets some. Are you supposed to Look it up online on the state dot website, that changes daily? Even the most disciplined person can forget or be totally unaware of a permit. I once watched a dot officer chase down (on foot) a lowboy with a combine on it, because as he pulled away from scale, they noticed the driver forgot to cover the smv sign????? Looked like a rabid wolf chasing a wounded deer. Doesn't seem to me that forgetting to cover a sign up with tape requires criminal penalty or even a fine. If it's about safety, politely remind the driver to cover the sign....but it's about money
Replied on Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 02:34 PM CST
Quote: "its just taxation without representation. How much better of a cash cow can you find? They cant tax normal people harder or they would all get shut down so they take on the trucks and write a ticket for everything and if you dont pay guess what they have you by the connections and you have 2 choices to fight it or pay it. We have the same form of communism in pa. they call themselves puc officers. badge and gun and handcuffs???? ALL THEY DO IS CHECK TRUCKS. ARE WE CRIMINALS?????"

Its called revenue enhancement. .you make the money.. they take it away..