Home > Forum > Legitimate Postings Driver Abandonment Of Trucks

legitimate postings driver abandonment of trucks

Mar 16, 2019 at 04:33 PM CST
I'm looking for a small carriers to post drivers that have abandoned their quipment make sure its Legitimate or you could be sued slamming Jamming trucking LLC VIRGIL b Cole / ms license Vance Williams / ut license under load
Replied on Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 06:30 AM CST
+ 2
I am sure that all of us that have a small fleet of trucks have had this happen. It has happened to me several times in the last 20 years of business with a fleet of 11 trucks or less. All I can say is when you hire drivers it is very inportant to do your home work on the new hire. When we look at a new hire we will not hire them until we do everthing that is required for Driver quailification records but also do a PSP record on them to find all driver violations on DOT records for the last 2-3 years because drivers dont like to put down on past work history of employers they had trouble with and a lot of time they will have a violation with this employer and expose them to falsely reportings there prior work history. Also we will not hire the driver until the last 3 full years of there employment history from the past employers including gaps in employment is verified and all prior employers have responded with a past employer inquiry that include dates of employment, employees job discription to make sure they were a driver and drug and alcohol random testing results while employed there. Also for the last 3 full years you get all the previos employer inquiry for there driving history and safety permormance form the past employers. WE NOW DO ALL OF THIS BEFORE A DRIVER IS HIRED AND IT TAKES TIME, MONEY, AND WORK TO DO IT BUT YOU WILL FIND OUT JUST EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE HIRING BUT ALSO MAKES IT VERY HARD TO FIND THE DRIVER THAT IS ACCUALLY FIT TO HIRE FOR THE JOB . A lot of companys fail to do this even though it is all part of the Driver qualification records that should be on you company file for DOT compliance to have a complete qualification record of that driver. (Of course this would also, if done properly would eliminate a lot more so called truck drivers out on the road because a lot of them would fail the driver qualification standards).
Replied on Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 02:50 PM CST
+ 4
A couple of weeks ago, the ATA was promoting their new plan to recruit drivers out of prison on Screw us Xm. What a proud moment for our industry, LOL. The government has chased all the good candidates away with all their rules and regulations. How many of you out there dream about throwing the towel in right now, and making a career change? Most of us are holding onto a memory of trucking from the 70's, but unfortunately it's gone forever, it ain't coming back. It's not just here in trucking though, professionalism is dead everywhere, go to your doctors office and the receptionist is full of body piercings and tattoos, same at the bank, even Wall Street is talking about ditching the dress code, the suit and tie image is dead.
Replied on Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 07:51 AM CST
+ 3
y'all are doing a great job of reminding me why I have my authority
Replied on Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 07:51 AM CST
What you don't understand sir they will not list a copy they have abandoned trucks for This new breed of drivers that a hopping job to job are only with company a week or 2
Replied on Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 10:37 AM CST
+ 4
not saying it's right or wrong but obviously there is a reason why maybe the driver maybe the company..... all I'm saying is that y'all are doing a real good job of reminding me why I went and got my authority....without naming names maybe I should start a post of carriers that aren't worth a shit either cause good knows if I haven't talked to quite a few.... I've damn sure been leased to some
Replied on Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 04:02 PM CST
you need be able to establish a good job history time line. If you cannot establish one on a driver that is a BIG red flag right there