Home > Forum > Fastenal In My Area Doesn'T Sell To Public

Fastenal in my area doesn't sell to public

Apr 12, 2019 at 02:27 PM CST
+ 1
Why spend millions in advertising and not sell to the public? I don't understand situations where my business or money isn't as good as someone else's. I ended up having to order what I needed from Ace hardware, which was fine, but had to wait to get project done.
What am i not understanding?
Art Pfluger
Replied on Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 07:09 AM CST
The one in our area closed up and I had a account there. Went to one 40 miles away to get a much needed tap and was told businesses only???? I said I had a account with the other one that closed. He looked me up and said not here you don't. I don't know if you need a account at each store or what. Well he did sell me the tap and was to told to buy online.

Replied on Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 06:56 AM CST
They don't consider your trucking company a business? That's one time consuming hobby you have. LOL
Replied on Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 06:56 AM CST
Art, we have Fasatenal in our small town. I have been in there 6 or 8 times last 5 years. They only had what I was after once; a good cobalt drill bit set that was on sale. I can't get large fastners (truck bolts in metric), large wrenches or special tools like a basic dial runout gauge. They said they could order-but I can do that myself online. Don't know how they stay open??