WE OFFER THE LARGEST LOAD LIST OF BULK FREIGHT LOADS AVAILABLE ONLINE
There are 70,381 Bulk Loads Available in 2,688 Postings.

Forum: EMPLOYEE ACCOUNTABILITY
Posted Tue, Apr 16 2019 11:23 AM CST 1 Like
ANDREW WENGER
AWTRANSPORTATIONLLC
Tampa, FL

Posts: 102
I have always had issues with shipper receiver employees that are oblivious of your time and even your existence . When they get approached they always have bad attitudes and their superiors are very quick to ban anyone from their property that offends their workers. I have had good experiences also and hats off to them but how can a small carrier get better productivity out of another companies dead weight or is this the new normal across the board. anyone else have these issues or am i alone thoughts and remedies thanks REPLY
Posted Wed, Apr 17 2019 06:29 AM CST 1 Like
DALE HERMANS
HERMANS FARM
Milbank, SD

Posts: 179
Oh man I couldn't agree more with your comments. I stopped at a small truck stop last night in Wyoming, they close at 10, I asked for a shower at 9:15, and the over achieving meth addict told me no!!! He said truckers take too long to shower and I don't want to work late. I said just give me 10 minutes, he just stared at me all twitchy and methy. He said he'd let me shower as long as I cleaned the shower room and put the towels in the washer. Shower hadn't been cleaned in months. Well, I like being clean so I did meth boys laundry. So unless you enjoy spectating mutant crack heads, avoid the winner with the mustache and meth twitch at Orin junction in Wyoming. I think this is a the corporate mentality, keep wages low just because they can. I've been to places where people put in alot of work to get out of work. Getting pretty common I think. Seems like the hiring criteria is, can you show up less than 2 hours late?? Your hired. But to give credit where it's due, CF industries at port Neal has a top notch crew, SD soy processors has a rock solid crew at their facilities and alot of small no name places still have some pride REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Wed, Apr 17 2019 06:30 AM CST 7 Likes
BRANDON ZIMMERMAN
GABLE TRUCKING LLC
Iuka, KS

Posts: 4

It's a workplace culture problem that probably goes all the way to the top person at that location. Let's face it they dont have to have customer service there not bidding for business. Really we're bidding for the opportunity to come back and get treated like crap again. I've been to a few places I could only hope they ban me from, and I've been places that treat you like family as soon as you walk in the office. Not all driver's are all that pleasant to be around maybe they pose the same question about us I know I've been on less than good behavior before. Maybe they just had a bad morning. I don't know what the answer is to make it any better the only advice I have Is what Grandma taught me it don't matter how bad they treat you say please, thank you and have a nice day with a smile.

REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Fri, Apr 19 2019 07:10 AM CST 2 Likes
ROSE PFLUGER
ROAD WARRIORS TRANSPORTATION INC
MORRISTOWN, AZ

Posts: 581
I don't know what the answer is but the conditions are deplorable. At the same time, how can we blame truckstop operators with the type of drivers we have? You go in the bathroom and people have no respect for the property or themselves. Some asshole is sitting on the counter washing his feet in the sink till you drag him out the door. People park in fuel island and go shower and or eat. My wife won't let me carry anymore. Cops won't help them with people parking in fuel island. Very few speak English. The rest won't admit to speaking English. We know have "smart trucks" for stupid drivers because the megas decided that was better than training people to actually drive. Now as an owner your paying stupid wages for stupider drivers that you don't respect and in the past wouldn't have qualified to do oil changes.
I don't know how to fix this problem. Best solution i have is don't be afraid to tell these drivers to have respect or get out.
We were in flying j in ok city a month ago. Raghead driver all but assults my wife because he didn't understand the shower system, or that wss his excuse. He could apologize to me when I came round the corner, but physically pushed her out of the way trying to get in when he didn't see me. This is out of hand, and why she took my firearms away.
Good luck guys. Be safe and i know to many behind the counter people are lacking, but look at the guy next to you and ask yourself, what if i or my family had to deal with this?

Art Pfluger
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Fri, Apr 19 2019 07:11 AM CST 1 Like
ELI HOSTETLER
ELI B HOSTETLER
WATSONTOWN, PA

Posts: 28
Yes have had those but also one that are very good just remember when you go somewhere that clean or whatever make sure you tell them you appreciate it shipper truck stop whatever it may be.a thank you gos a long way toward keeping it that way ?? REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Fri, Apr 19 2019 09:27 AM CST 1 Like
DALE HERMANS
HERMANS FARM
Milbank, SD

Posts: 179
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "I don't know what the answer is but the conditions are deplorable. At the same time, how can we blame truckstop operators with the type of drivers we have? You go in the bathroom and people have no respect for the property or themselves. Some asshole is sitting on the counter washing his feet in the sink till you drag him out the door. People park in fuel island and go shower and or eat. My wife won't let me carry anymore. Cops won't help them with people parking in fuel island. Very few speak English. The rest won't admit to speaking English. We know have "smart trucks" for stupid drivers because the megas decided that was better than training people to actually drive. Now as an owner your paying stupid wages for stupider drivers that you don't respect and in the past wouldn't have qualified to do oil changes. I don't know how to fix this problem. Best solution i have is don't be afraid to tell these drivers to have respect or get out. We were in flying j in ok city a month ago. Raghead driver all but assults my wife because he didn't understand the shower system, or that wss his excuse. He could apologize to me when I came round the corner, but physically pushed her out of the way trying to get in when he didn't see me. This is out of hand, and why she took my firearms away. Good luck guys. Be safe and i know to many behind the counter people are lacking, but look at the guy next to you and ask yourself, what if i or my family had to deal with this? Art Pfluger "

You make alot of good points. It's easy to just complain out of frustration. seeing the amount of litter along the ditch in truck parking areas and truck stops, it's easy to see why people generally have a bad image of truckers. I'd like to say the answer is to lead by example and to attack people with kindness, but sometimes I wonder if we're past the point of teaching respect to the disrespectful.
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Sun, Apr 21 2019 06:27 AM CST 4 Likes 5 Dislikes
CHRISTOPHER STIER
STIER FARMS INCORPORATED
GRAND MEADOW, MN

Posts: 185
Originally Posted by: DALE HERMANS
Quote: "You make alot of good points. It's easy to just complain out of frustration. seeing the amount of litter along the ditch in truck parking areas and truck stops, it's easy to see why people generally have a bad image of truckers. I'd like to say the answer is to lead by example and to attack people with kindness, but sometimes I wonder if we're past the point of teaching respect to the disrespectful. "

And we keep on spending THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS ON THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM AND WE KEEP GETTING MORE THAN WORTHLESS PEOPLE! KIDS ARE FARMED OUT AT DAY CARES AND MIGHT SEE ONE PARENT ON WEEKENDS. MA AND PA ARE DIVORCED AND HAVE OTHER HONEYS ON THE SIDE OR SHACKUPS THE CHILDREN DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEIR BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE. SURPRISING WE DON'T HAVE MORE RETARTED PEOPLE ROAMING AROUND! WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT THAT USE TO REWARD LAZY FAT WORTHLESS PEOPLE! ALTHOUGH I DO THINK DONALD TRUMP IS FINALLY BRINGING A LITTLE TOUGH LOVE AND RESPONSIBILITY AND PRIDE BACK TO THIS COUNTRY. FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME BACKBONE!
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Wed, Apr 24 2019 11:54 AM CST 5 Likes 1 Dislike
DEAN HUGHSON
WALK-WAY TRANSPORT
WINTHROP, IA

Posts: 143
Socialism brings moral decay which allows more socialism. If we don't get this righted we could go down like the Romans. REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Sun, Apr 28 2019 10:52 AM CST
DAVE WINTERS
DWT TRUCKING
CLEARWATER, MN

Posts: 573
If you want to see just how much the face of this industry is changing, drive down Washington ave in north Minneapolis on a Sunday afternoon, and see how all the imported drivers have turned it into a truck stop. For several miles, that whole end of town is clogged up with old trucks held together with duck tape, and litter everywhere, looks like a third world country anymore. They figured out a way to run a trucking company without having to buy property and pay taxes on real estate. REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Apr 29 2019 07:44 AM CST
DEAN HUGHSON
WALK-WAY TRANSPORT
WINTHROP, IA

Posts: 143
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "If you want to see just how much the face of this industry is changing, drive down Washington ave in north Minneapolis on a Sunday afternoon, and see how all the imported drivers have turned it into a truck stop. For several miles, that whole end of town is clogged up with old trucks held together with duck tape, and litter everywhere, looks like a third world country anymore. They figured out a way to run a trucking company without having to buy property and pay taxes on real estate."

Serious question. How did they all get here? Who invited them? I DO mean a serious question. Is there / was there some sort of program?

Property tax has nothing to do with it. I remember a line in the theme song for "Bj And The Bear" (TV series in the 1980's about a truck driver) about not paying property tax.
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Apr 29 2019 01:32 PM CST
DAVE WINTERS
DWT TRUCKING
CLEARWATER, MN

Posts: 573
Originally Posted by: DEAN HUGHSON
Quote: "Serious question. How did they all get here? Who invited them? I DO mean a serious question. Is there / was there some sort of program? Property tax has nothing to do with it. I remember a line in the theme song for "Bj And The Bear" (TV series in the 1980's about a truck driver) about not paying property tax."

There was a program called Nation building, and then far left organizations seen a way to increase their base, and Corporate America found a source of cheap labor, so your politicians sold you out. Now I have a serious question for you, should everyone who is running a fleet size operation get rid of their terminal and start storing their equipment on public streets to follow the example being set here?
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Apr 29 2019 02:09 PM CST
DEAN HUGHSON
WALK-WAY TRANSPORT
WINTHROP, IA

Posts: 143
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "There was a program called Nation building, and then far left organizations seen a way to increase their base, and Corporate America found a source of cheap labor, so your politicians sold you out. Now I have a serious question for you, should everyone who is running a fleet size operation get rid of their terminal and start storing their equipment on public streets to follow the example being set here? "

Point taken. My one track mind says a one truck operation could do it. The truckstops around Waterloo look like they are being used as terminals for the foreigners. When I started I had room in the driveway for the tractor and an offsight place for my trailer. I'm still a one truck operation and have progressed considerably.
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Apr 30 2019 08:14 AM CST
RICHARD EVANS
VP LOGISTICS
Winchester, VA

Posts: 20

So there you have it, Andrew. The root of the problem that you cited is immigrants and socialism.

REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Apr 30 2019 09:09 AM CST
DAVE WINTERS
DWT TRUCKING
CLEARWATER, MN

Posts: 573
The immigrants are being exploited for cheap labor just like the rest of us, so I would blame the government. Corporate greed seems to be worshiped in Washington, it’s all about transferring wealth from the working class to Wall Street, at our expense, they don’t care who gets hurt along the way. Example notice how the NTSB chose not to investigate the Deadly truck crash on I-70 near Denver, involving a school bus and trucker who could not understand the English language, and blew past two run away ramps? Then there was the Humbolt crash recently. Anyone see a pattern? REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Apr 30 2019 11:02 AM CST
RICHARD EVANS
VP LOGISTICS
Winchester, VA

Posts: 20
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "The immigrants are being exploited for cheap labor just like the rest of us, so I would blame the government. Corporate greed seems to be worshiped in Washington, it’s all about transferring wealth from the working class to Wall Street, at our expense, they don’t care who gets hurt along the way. Example notice how the NTSB chose not to investigate the Deadly truck crash on I-70 near Denver, involving a school bus and trucker who could not understand the English language, and blew past two run away ramps? Then there was the Humbolt crash recently. Anyone see a pattern?"

I agree with that, Dave. Ever since deregualtion it has been a race to the bottom with the competitive edge in cheaper rates coming on the backs of the drivers. What was once a solid middle class livelyhood has become a sweatshop on wheels. There has been some improvement lately with constrained capacity but it's not enough to attract younger generations unwilling to live on the road for these wages. Immigrants looking for a better life will do the work and many companies will be glad to let them if it keeps labor cost down.

REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Wed, May 01 2019 07:49 AM CST 2 Likes
ROSE PFLUGER
ROAD WARRIORS TRANSPORTATION INC
MORRISTOWN, AZ

Posts: 581
I had a conversation some time back with an Arizona DOT officer regarding drivers and the ability or lack of with the English language. He was very adamant that he was unable to attempt to enforce those rules as his superiors didn't want to be on the news for harrassment.
I'm tired of officers deciding what to enforce and also tired of current situations that allow officers to basically be judge and jury on the road side. They can detain you for their interpretation of the law and be dead wrong and you can do nothing.

Art Pfluger
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, May 13 2019 01:14 PM CST
ALFRED JORDAN
POWERHOUSE TRANSPORTATION, LLC
PECULIAR, MO

Posts: 1180
The piss poor attitude has been escalting for quite some time now. Workers are not getting paid enough plain and simple. When an individual is getting paid 1978 wages in 2019 then expect that individual to have a piss poor attitude and performance. With over 20,000 truckers recently laid off, and others being asked to take pay cuts again. The nasty attitudes have sprung up even greater in the trucking community. Throw in a trade war with China and now the farmers are in the same plight as the rest of us.

Bond rollbacks, degradation of grain, oil, and freight. Trade war, political poo poo (gridlock). WE THE PEOPlE WILL CONTINUE TO BLEED OUT AND LOOSE AT THE GAME OF LIFE.
REPLY
REPLY WITH QUOTE



Sponsored by Cleveland Vibrator
Cleveland Vibrator