Home > Forum > Safety And Compliance

Safety and Compliance

May 03, 2019 at 03:08 PM CST

Waiting to get audited by the DOT?

Don’t know how and when it will happen?

Are your driver qualification files up to date?

Do you have a Conditional or Unsatisfactory Rating?

We know it can be time-consuming so let us take care of this for you. DOT audit can be spontaneous and can result in heavy fines. We have a team of professionals that can make this process simple for you.

Save money without cutting corners. Don’t be put out of service by the DOT. Get safety compliant today.

You can reach us at 800-530-8510 for any additional questions or email [email protected].

Replied on Sat, May 04, 2019 at 07:27 AM CST
+ 2
Are safety and compliance the same thing?
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 07:11 AM CST
+ 1
With respect to your business, these services are an unnecessary financial burden on owner operators. To a big fleet I can understand it. But to the average 1-10 truck company it's not needed. I had an audit last October. It was easy. I hired Foley to handle everything for compliance and it was absolutely pointless. 1300 dollars for a year just for them to scare me into thinking their service were necessary or even mandatory. The auditor told me to get rid of them. He told me the ONLY service I need to pay for that I can't do myself is random drug test enrollment. 120 bucks a year. Again I mean no offense to your business, but as a trucker, I'm on the side of the trucker, and there's no more room for more hands in our pockets
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 07:11 AM CST
We get bombarded by emails that are going to sell me a new ELD, don't need em, my trucks are exempt. Or like this poster, you're going to save all of us heathens that cannot stay compliant on our own. While I try to be supportive of the entrepreneurial spirit i find this line of work and exploitation of people's problems to be offensive. In line with ambulance chasers, repo people and irs agents. Not to mention you are not saying anything special. What you are doing is nothing special today.

Art Pfluger
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 03:45 PM CST
+ 1
They are scamming you. For most owner ops you can make your own driver file in 20 min and i deal with cns for everything like fuel and legal stuff anyway and most legitimate outfit keeps your file for dot audits. Yes an audit would shake me up but if you already deal with an outfit they can bail you out. Just saying its not much to worry about if you are trying your best most of the time
Replied on Tue, May 07, 2019 at 07:54 AM CST
Many are no longer waiting for the DOT to shut them down, they are doing it voluntarily on their own, like Falcon Transport, New England motor freight, etc. They have had enough of the safety Nazis, and the governments only answer seems to be more unqualified immigrants who can’t speak English, so that crashes like the one in Colorado can make the news every night, as the insurance industry runs for the door.
Replied on Tue, May 07, 2019 at 03:54 PM CST
Quote: "With respect to your business, these services are an unnecessary financial burden on owner operators. To a big fleet I can understand it. But to the average 1-10 truck company it's not needed. I had an audit last October. It was easy. I hired Foley to handle everything for compliance and it was absolutely pointless. 1300 dollars for a year just for them to scare me into thinking their service were necessary or even mandatory. The auditor told me to get rid of them. He told me the ONLY service I need to pay for that I can't do myself is random drug test enrollment. 120 bucks a year. Again I mean no offense to your business, but as a trucker, I'm on the side of the trucker, and there's no more room for more hands in our pockets"

Totally understand where you are coming from but there are some truckers who don't have the time to manage this on there own, even though they may be a small fleet. Some are not even fully aware of the FMCSA rules and guidelines. That's why there are Safety consultants to guide them, not rip them off. You don't need to take the services forever, just until you fully understand it and can follow ever procedure on your own.

Replied on Wed, May 08, 2019 at 06:45 AM CST
+ 1
I would agree with that joquel, that the first year is a bit overwhelming and hiring someone the first year can help. The purpose of the new entrant safety audit is to teach people how to do it themselves. Unfortunately companies like dot compliance, and Foley try to fool new people into believing their services are mandatory.