Home > Forum > Looking For POWER ONLY For Central And Eastern South Dakota Hoppers

Looking for POWER ONLY for Central and Eastern South Dakota hoppers

Jul 18, 2016 at 03:50 PM CST
+ 1 - 1
I'm looking for some short term trucks to pull our double hopper bottoms doing local hauling in central and eastern South Dakota. This could last anywhere from a couple weeks up to a couple months.

Truck is responsible for putting additional insurance policy on trailer.

We will pay $1.85/mile on ALL dispatched miles (actual routes). We pay you once we have been paid, up to 30 days max. At 30 days we pay you regardless of whether or not we have been paid. Quick pay (within 48 hours) is available for a fee.

Interested parties can call or text me on my cell or email me.

Austin Olson
AO Express Inc
6057705600
[email protected]
Replied on Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 11:01 PM CST
+ 3 - 1
You forgot to tell them that the $1.85/ mile is for 170,000 lbs. I can get $1.85/ mile with one trailer at 80,000/lbs.
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 09:25 AM CST
+ 1
Wow , 1.85 double trailers , added insurance , when can I start! Not
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:47 AM CST
this is a joke right
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM CST
Originally Posted by: TED SAULS
Quote: "this is a joke right"

Plus that trusty 3.5 mpg!!
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 01:23 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DALE HOERNER
Quote: "You forgot to tell them that the $1.85/ mile is for 170,000 lbs. I can get $1.85/ mile with one trailer at 80,000/lbs."

Dale, I hope u don't think $1.85 is good enough for a single hopper ?
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 01:49 PM CST
Originally Posted by: JASON WEAST
Quote: "Dale, I hope u don't think $1.85 is good enough for a single hopper ?"

That's funny, $1.20 to $1.50 a mile seems to be the going rate on this board
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 01:56 PM CST
Hey Troy it's pretty sad when the dry van is averaging well over 2.25
hub currently. There's a couple of us on here that know about hauling containers for almost $2 a mile power only, and home every night
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 02:16 PM CST
It's all a big joke anymore, like I told one guy, I don't work for free
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 02:54 PM CST
No I don't Jason, I was just trying to prove a point. This is the real rate these guys up in South Dakota are charging with these set ups. It's no joke either.
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 03:25 PM CST
I'm interested in the 2.00 a mile hauling containers
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 03:39 PM CST
Dale I had no idea the rates were that cheap up there that's a shame
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 04:26 PM CST
Maybe for cheap wheat or corn, Iv hauled plenty of stuff out of the state for good rates
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 04:42 PM CST
I was just looking on the Kansas load board wow I can't believe the brokers actually have the nerve to ask us to do it that cheap very embarrassing to be a hopper driver at these rates
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 05:58 PM CST
the sad part is people are fighting over every load regardless of the rate. and their famous words are fuel has come down.
Replied on Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 07:41 PM CST
I'm with you Jason, I dropped the hopper and got on hauling turkeys, it actually isnt too bad. The workers load I just pull forward when the light comes on when its full I haul ass back home to get them in front of fans, drop the trailer and head home. Pretty decent gig.
Replied on Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 07:37 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JOSH BUSTER
Quote: "I'm with you Jason, I dropped the hopper and got on hauling turkeys, it actually isnt too bad. The workers load I just pull forward when the light comes on when its full I haul ass back home to get them in front of fans, drop the trailer and head home. Pretty decent gig."

Hey Josh, good luck with that. The big cats are biting after dark below the dam when they start pumping water, come on down if you want.
Replied on Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 08:00 AM CST
its tempting but my urchins have critters in the fair this week. we cant seem to stop getting rain up here and the river still hasn't gone down. I want to try to make it down before harvest kicks off. Corn up here looks like another record breaker if nothin goofy happens.
Replied on Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:17 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: JOSH BUSTER
Quote: "its tempting but my urchins have critters in the fair this week. we cant seem to stop getting rain up here and the river still hasn't gone down. I want to try to make it down before harvest kicks off. Corn up here looks like another record breaker if nothin goofy happens."

Josh, are you talking about the squirrels ? Haha
Our harvest is going a be early, probably first or second week in august , they just started planting beans yesterday
Replied on Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:54 AM CST
lol, no just a bottle calf and some chickens. Now that you mention it I haven't noticed them squirrels up there for a while, maybe they moved out? I must be to rough to live with!
Replied on Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 04:37 PM CST
Originally Posted by: JOSH BUSTER
Quote: " lol, no just a bottle calf and some chickens. Now that you mention it I haven't noticed them squirrels up there for a while, maybe they moved out? I must be to rough to live with!"

Now that you are a real chicken hauler , you just might be . Ha!