Home > Forum > STEEL END DUMPS NEEDED IN OCTOBER FOR 100 LOADS FROM MOUNT MORRIS, IL TO E. CHICAGO, IN

STEEL END DUMPS NEEDED IN OCTOBER FOR 100 LOADS FROM MOUNT MORRIS, IL TO E. CHICAGO, IN

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:33 AM CST
Looking for end dump carriers that would be interested in an estimated 100 loads (not expecting a carrier to run all 100 loads) to be picked up in Mount Morris, IL to be delivered to E. Chicago, IN, starting in the 2nd week of October. Material will be HMS and P&S. Please reply with your email address or feel free to call me at 224-381-5533 to discuss further information. Thank you.
Replied on Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 08:05 AM CST
What is the commodity that is being shipped? I don't understand abbreviations yet sorry! What kind of truck is needed. Thanks
Replied on Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 12:51 PM CST
Quote: "What is the commodity that is being shipped? I don't understand abbreviations yet sorry! What kind of truck is needed. Thanks"

HMS is short for Heavy melt steel (chunks of 12 inch I beam around 5 feet in length usually). P&S is prepared steel 2 foot and under, both are generally dropped in the trailer from a magnet, or grapple. Hence, steel dump trailer preferred.
Replied on Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 11:13 AM CST
Well said. Thank you, sir.