Home > Forum > SEARCHING FOR HOPPERS W/ENVIRONMENTAL TARPS

SEARCHING FOR HOPPERS W/ENVIRONMENTAL TARPS

Apr 18, 2012 at 01:30 PM CST
+ 1
regular runs from Madison, IL to TN that require environmental tarps. Please call Kristie 314-843-7300. Thanks!
Replied on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM CST
JUST EXACTLY WHAT IS AN ENVIRONMENTAL TARP?
Replied on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 04:27 PM CST
+ 4
Quote: "JUST EXACTLY WHAT IS AN ENVIRONMENTAL TARP?"

IT IS A TARP THAT YOU BUY TO SOLVE SOMEONE ELSE'S DUST CONTROL PROBLEM, SAVING THAT COMPANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE TO SPEND TO INSTALL THE EQUIPMENT. THE TARPS HAVE EITHER A VELCRO FLAP OR A ZIPPER THEN A FLAP SEWN INTO THE TARP SO THE LOADING POINT CAN RUN A STINGET IN AND LOAD THE PRODUCT WITH A MINIMUM OF DUST TO THE OUTSIDE AIR. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THAT I HAD WITH THEM IS THAT AFTER A FEW USES THEY WOULD LEAK IN A HEAVY RAIN AND YOU COULD EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF A FREIGHT CLAIM ON SOME OTHER LOAD THAT WAS DAMAGED BY WATER. YOU WOULD HAVE THE KNOWLEGE AND THE WARM FUZZY FEELING THO OF HAVING SAVED THE FIRST COMPANY ALL THAT MONEY WHILE YOU ARE TAKING THE HIT ON A WATER DAMAGE CLAIM ON ANOTHER LOAD.
Replied on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 06:41 PM CST
Not interested in the least. If a new, good fitting tarp is not good enough, then I am not interested in the scenario you posted. It's hard enough to make it out here without asking for trouble. After 48 years, I just want decent paying freight from companies who will pay their bill on time!!
Replied on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM CST
I have one, When I replaced my tarp two years ago. The tarp maker try to talk me out of it. I thought I was going make big money by having one. Haul some sand to make beer bottles in Oklahoma. Just doing my part. This Bud was for me. Now it does not leak, But I have never opened it. The rate was not better than a load of grain. You quessed it I will haul grain first. The replacement tarp will NOT be a EPA tarp. Don't forget you have to climb up and crawl on the tarp to open it. That's why it has never been open. Fat boys don't bounce when falling off trailers
Replied on Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 07:04 PM CST
will you supply tarp
Replied on Wed, May 02, 2012 at 02:41 PM CST
Little America,WY truckstop will install plastic taped to your painted and well cared for trailer,by a bunch of kids that aren't going to treat your nice clean hopper too well, for $175.00. Or you can just bounce to grain country 400 miles and get back in the system. I always choose the later. EPA tarps are brutal in the winter also.....
Replied on Wed, May 02, 2012 at 04:45 PM CST
Quote: "JUST EXACTLY WHAT IS AN ENVIRONMENTAL TARP?"

To avoid the leakage problem you need only string support bows between the big bows, it keeps the tarp from sagging around the holes, it's a minimal cost and we run EPA tarps on all of our trailers and have had no trouble with leakage, it's just a matter of a small additional cost.
Replied on Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:56 PM CST
Quote: "To avoid the leakage problem you need only string support bows between the big bows, it keeps the tarp from sagging around the holes, it's a minimal cost and we run EPA tarps on all of our trailers and have had no trouble with leakage, it's just a matter of a small additional cost."

I agree with Jim, I've had an EPA tarp on my last four trailers, I've never had a leakage issue.