Home > Forum > TRUCKING COMPANY POS

TRUCKING COMPANY - POS

May 17, 2010 at 11:15 AM CST

MY CUSTOMER WAS QUOTED A PRICE FROM A TRUCKING COMPANY FOR 14 TRUCK LOADS (350 TONS) SO I POSTED THE LOADS HERE AT A FEW DOLLARS PER TON CHEAPER TO SEE IF I COULD GET THE BUSINESS( AS ANY BUSINESS OWNER WOULD DO) AND THIS IS THE REPLY THAT I GOT BACK FROM SOMEONE...LOL

"WHY TRY TO BEAT THE $33.00 NT PRICE. IT IS ALREADY TOO CHEAP AS IS. THOSE LOADS SHOULD BE AT $40.00 NT. TOO MANY ASSHOLES LIKE YOU CLOGGING UP THAT LANE I SUPPOSE."

FIRST TIME IVE EVER HAD SOMEONE CALL ME AN A. HOLE ON HERE AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH YOU.

REALLY SHOWS THE LACK OF COMMON SENCE THIS PERSON HAS IN TRYING TO GET BUSINESS IN THESE TOUGH TIMES...
I DONT KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS BUT JUST WANTED SO SAY THANKS FOR THE REPLY - WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!!
:)
Replied on Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:42 PM CST
+ 2
EVERYONE IS TRYING TO MAKE A DECENT LIVING IN THIS BUSINESS AND YOU CAN'T BLAME A GUY FOR TRYING TO GET AHEAD ITS JUST HUMAN NATURE. BUT WHEN A MAN IS TRYING TO FEED HIS FAMILY AND HE FEELS LIKE HE'S BETTING BS'ED, YOU CAN'T BLAME HIM FOR SPEAKING HIS MIND. LIKE I SAID IN ANOTHER POST HERE, WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER ON RATES ITS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN KEEP FEEDING OUR FAMILIES. ALL TRUCKS NEED TO UNDERSTAND, IF WE UNITE AROUND A COMMON CAUSE OF KEEPING RATES REASONABLE WE WILL GET IT! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I'M GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE AND I HOPE THEY KEEP LETTING US POST HERE CAUSE I KNOW THAT IF WE CAN FOCUS ON A COMMON GOAL WE CAN ALL STAY WELL FED!
Replied on Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:57 PM CST
BUT IN YOUR DEFENSE CALLING SOMEONE AN A-HOLE ISN'T THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT THIS AND IT JUST LEADS TO MORE OF A SEPARATION. WHAT WE NEED IS AN UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN TWO HUMAN BEINGS TRYING TO SURVIVE AND PROVIDE. IF YOU JUST TALK TO SOMEONE INSTEAD OF INSULTING THEM THEY ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT OF VIEW. TRY IT SOMETIME.
Replied on Sat, May 22, 2010 at 08:13 AM CST

I can see the views of both sides, and definitely agree being hostle will never get you anywhere in business. If the rate doesn't work for your company, simply thank them for the offer and let them know it won't work for your company. You can even let the shipper know the cost it would take to see if you can work out a better rate.

Bottom line, there has to be a mutual relationship between the carrier and shipper. Just like in any business the more people you know, the better. It's been rough the past 4 years managing fuel prices and increased costs in a bad economy.

Replied on Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:10 PM CST
SHIPPERS THEY ARE NOT HUMAN
Replied on Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM CST
Quote: "SHIPPERS THEY ARE NOT HUMAN"

noooooo, brokers aren't human,they don't thank from both sides of the ledger....especially when cutting rates... instead say..i'll do it for that..and provide better service!!!!
Replied on Thu, May 27, 2010 at 07:21 AM CST
I am a broker & I am human. I try very hard to pay my truck drivers a good rate, but you don't understand how hard it is to be competitive because of all the other brokers & truck drivers willing to run super cheap. It makes it very hard. I understand the truck driver does the work & he gets the majority of the pay; without him/her - I cannot move the loads, but to just say all brokers are not human or rip off truck drivers is not fair. We are all trying to make a living, so the best thing is to work with each other. If you cannot do the load for the money, just say so or tell me what it would take; sometimes I can do it. Let's be nice to each other. It's a tough world & we need each other.
Replied on Sat, May 29, 2010 at 09:57 PM CST
Quote: "I am a broker & I am human. I try very hard to pay my truck drivers a good rate, but you don't understand how hard it is to be competitive because of all the other brokers & truck drivers willing to run super cheap. It makes it very hard. I understand the truck driver does the work & he gets the majority of the pay; without him/her - I cannot move the loads, but to just say all brokers are not human or rip off truck drivers is not fair. We are all trying to make a living, so the best thing is to work with each other. If you cannot do the load for the money, just say so or tell me what it would take; sometimes I can do it. Let's be nice to each other. It's a tough world & we need each other."

Yeah we need each other,who are you why are you using secret code?

James Dana-MC#535040
Replied on Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:25 AM CST

not all brokers are like that. If you go with brokers who's headquarters are based out of Nebraska, or who share the last name a famous black baseball player (not to name names) then yes you are dealing with cut throat scumbags. Their are other brokers out there who DO see both sides of the picture and do their best to help both the customer and the trucks.