Home > Forum > BEST HOPPER TRAILER

BEST HOPPER TRAILER

May 20, 2010 at 07:37 PM CST
+ 1
WHAT IS THE BEST HOPPER BRAND TO BUY THESE DAYS? SEEMS LIKE THE USED ONES ARE JUST AS MUCH AS NEW ONES.
Replied on Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:11 PM CST
IF YOU DIG AROUND A LITTLE BIT YOU CAN FIND SOME PRETTY DECENT DEALS ON USED, ESPECIALLY IN THIS ECONOMY.

THERE ARE A FEW FOR SALE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS HERE BUT CHECK OUT SITES LIKE WWW.TRUCKPAPER.COM, GO TO THE DIFFERENT TRAILER MANUFACTURER SITES THEY USUALLY HAVE USED INVENTORY FOR SALE OR JUST CHECK YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER OR CLASSIFIEDS... IF YOU'RE PATIENT AND DO YOUR RESEARCH YOU CAN FIND A GOOD DEAL ON USED.
Replied on Sat, May 22, 2010 at 08:14 AM CST
Awesome, thanks
Replied on Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:08 PM CST
WILSON ALWAYS NEW
Replied on Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:59 PM CST
Timpte seems to have the best warranty. We just ordered a new one because it wasn't much more than the used ones, and we get all brand new components, tires, etc. and 3 yrs of warranty.
Replied on Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM CST
How many brands are there?
Replied on Fri, May 28, 2010 at 02:37 PM CST
There are lots, Timpte and Wilson seem to be the most popular, maybe followed by Cornhusker. Look under hopper trailers on truckpaper, you can see all the different manufacturers on there.
Replied on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 07:34 PM CST
perfer the timpte all tho i noticed alot more rivits break on them but for their warranty and weight cant complain to much, wilsons are nice seem to be a bit heavier but maby more durable cornhusker and merrits have had more problems with but also light weight and then there are dakotas, maurer, chamberlin,stoughton and a few more they are all pertty decent as long as they are strait and you got air ride.
Replied on Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM CST
We own and operate.. We have Wilson's. They due weigh a little more then a tiemte. However last longer.. Those two are the top two that are well known. The cornhuskers and merrits are very light, however... they seem cheaply made and break much faster..

WILSON would get our vote!
Replied on Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 03:33 PM CST
i hae 3 merritts and they r excellent trailers. i got rid of a 96 merritt a couple years ago and it was worked hard everyday and it was in just as good of shape as my new ones. so idk where u guys get that merritts break. mine never have.
Replied on Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 08:25 PM CST
All have pros and cons I own a 2010 Timpte 43*102*78 with aluminum sub frame 5th wheel and super singles and I weigh 28900 woth 300 gallons of fuel on, I'd have a single walled trailer if i was going to run local, but hey it's all about what you prefer
Replied on Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 05:17 PM CST
I have ran them all, still have a 1983 tempte and it is a great trailer, has stood the test f time and runs everyday putting money in my pocket instead of making payments to the bank.

alos have 2007 wilson and it to is a good trailer but it has spent more time in the shop in 3 years than the tempte has in 27 years

Replied on Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 01:40 PM CST
timpte or cornhusker gets my vote own 1 of each