Home > Forum > TRICKS OF THE TRADE? ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED

TRICKS OF THE TRADE? ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED

Jun 11, 2010 at 09:43 AM CST
My husband and I are fairly new to the hopper industry. Years ago we had a grain hopper but that was when we were younger. We seem to have trouble with product like fish meal and corn meal wanting to break loose in the hopper to start flowing freely. We have tried poking a rod into it from the top while beating on the side with a rubber mallet. This works but takes a looooonng time to unload. Does anyone have any secrets they would like to share or is this just part of the job?? PS Great site you have here.
Replied on Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM CST
Won't a hopper vibrator solve this? You really need to make sure and watch the weather. I know when it's plus 90 degrees, DDG's will harden up in the trailer making it difficult to unload.

Seems like these days you can get everything from automatic/remote tarps, slides and vibrators to make it a lot easier loading/unloading bulk product.
Replied on Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 05:47 PM CST
END DUMP
Replied on Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 05:59 PM CST
I'm the one having trouble unloading DDG I think I'm going to put a pipe in the trailer, mount it on a metal angle iron going straight down with small air hloes in it and hook it up to my supply tank with a shut off on it.Maybe this will loosen the product to start coming out
Replied on Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:39 AM CST
looking for ash carrier cayuga in