Home > Forum > HOPPER LOADS

HOPPER LOADS

Sep 10, 2010 at 01:17 PM CST

Looking for some good hopper loads in the missouri area? Any ideas? Or ideas on good brokers?
Replied on Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 07:52 AM CST
Scoular in KS, Eclipse Transervice in NE, They both have kept me busy as I want to be.
Replied on Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 03:43 PM CST
Quote: "Scoular in KS, Eclipse Transervice in NE, They both have kept me busy as I want to be."

Busy is one thing, making money is another.
Always know your costs and get rates well above that, as the unexpected always happens sometime. Make sure your covering deadhead also. We have to many people just covering fuel and the driver. Down the road you must replace trucks and trailers also. These newer trucks cost much more to operate than the old stuff. Start saving now as your going to need it, I speak from experience.
Many good brokers out there most post on the load boards and almost always pay, that's the great thing about the hopper business. Just make sure their rates and terms are acceptable to your operation.

Dale
Replied on Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 08:00 PM CST
Can anybody tell me the fair goin rate out of the field 22 miles one way. I just want to be fair they want me to haul till dec for them.
Replied on Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:30 PM CST

By the hour would be best for you. Any where from $ 70 to $90/hr
Replied on Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 06:36 AM CST

Dale can i get your email?
Replied on Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 07:27 AM CST
Replied on Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 08:25 AM CST
Quote: "Can anybody tell me the fair goin rate out of the field 22 miles one way. I just want to be fair they want me to haul till dec for them."

What i would do is charge $600 a day no matter what. (that is for the days of course that are favorable working conditions not rain days or holidays. hell, maby he would pay those to lol) then i would get the rate per bushel for that distance from your local coop and charge that on top of the $600. so no matter what, your making a little money especially if he wants to tie you up for the next 3 months you cant do it for nothing. Doesnt hurt to try this way i know it works, the only thing with this compared to hourly is what your grain lines are gona be like. I guess you'll figure it out one way or another. Another things is that i have had trouble going to farmers with a hourly rate and alot of them see that big dollar amount initally and dont like it, that just might be me i dont know .
Well good luck to you and have a good Fall.
Replied on Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:32 PM CST
thanks for the reply I ask that out of the farmer and just like you said he wants a rate per bushel so he can put that expense on each bushel harvested they have a nice pit and great set up so only 2 outside trucks and there 3 trucks me and other o/o where talking the furthest field is 50 miles and closest is half mile he was thinkn about asking .18 straight Thur have you guys done it this way? thanks
Replied on Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:41 AM CST

.18bu would be fair.
Replied on Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 06:46 PM CST
Quote: "thanks for the reply I ask that out of the farmer and just like you said he wants a rate per bushel so he can put that expense on each bushel harvested they have a nice pit and great set up so only 2 outside trucks and there 3 trucks me and other o/o where talking the furthest field is 50 miles and closest is half mile he was thinkn about asking .18 straight Thur have you guys done it this way? thanks"

i think .18 sounds fair, should be able to do alright with out any lines.
Replied on Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM CST
we were paying .24 cents for a 20 to 25 mile haul last wheat harvest. Down to a dime for 3 mile haul.
Replied on Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 03:42 PM CST
Transplace has steady hopper freight to keep you moving. Call Leisa at 214 436 8154