Home > Forum > International Max Force Engines?

International Max Force engines?

May 10, 2016 at 06:32 AM CST
Looking for coments good and bad about experiences with the Max Force engines from Internatinal
Replied on Tue, May 10, 2016 at 07:20 AM CST
+ 3
I would think the selling price at the auctions would tell ya just about everything you need to know. The last Taylor and Martin auction I watched they sold 2012's with 300k on them for 15k. Those trucks almost have to be going overseas or to Mexico. I think if you took all of the after-treatment ,EGR, and other related pollution garbage off and did a computer delete on it, they would stay together(its a Cat block essentially) But then your market for resale is rather limited, and of course you cant run CA. I am glad we never tried any out from all of the horror stories Ive heard.

If you can figure out how to make them stay running and dependable, you would be a millionaire.
Replied on Tue, May 10, 2016 at 08:22 AM CST
+ 1
If you want to sink the ship fast buy them up, had 4 in our fleet, it was better to take the loss and dump them rather than trying to keep maintaining a repetitive issue. Just do a search online for pending lawsuits and you should find your answer.
Replied on Tue, May 10, 2016 at 08:55 AM CST
I have been seeing a lot of these trucks sale for next to nothing at auctions awesome trucks junk motor but I've been thinking about buying one of these trucks and running it till the motor falls apart then stick an old motor out of a salvage yard in there and run it as a grain truck be a cheap Late Model Truck to have
Replied on Tue, May 10, 2016 at 05:42 PM CST
+ 1
Run, Run, Run away. You should make them pay you to take the truck off of your hand. I would price out an ISX, ECM, and harness, go to the dealer and tell them that you will take those trucks off of their hands for the price of the ISX and needed swap out parts.
Replied on Wed, May 11, 2016 at 06:58 AM CST
Thanks for the input. Won't be looking at any trucks with Max Force engines.. Now know why the price was attractive. Nothing affordable about that set up.
Replied on Wed, May 11, 2016 at 09:55 AM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Thanks for the input. Won't be looking at any trucks with Max Force engines.. Now know why the price was attractive. Nothing affordable about that set up."

There is a shop in Iowa that has reworked a couple of MaxForces. They are very good at what they do but I don't know how the MaxForce has turned out. Could be an option if you can buy in real cheap.
Replied on Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM CST
What is the shop in Iowa?
Replied on Wed, May 11, 2016 at 01:53 PM CST
if you buy an international with a maxxforce in it.. don't buy a 2010 to 2012 unless they had been through the international dealer for a fix with a problem they had with some overheading going on, where the harnes and wires where getting burned... they have fixed that issue with the 2013 model and newer.... you should be fine with a 2013 .. they still give sensor error masseges.. but this days just about any truck out there have issues with sensors.. as long as transmission and engine runs and no wire get burned.. you should be safe and sound in your trips.... internationals engines like the maxxforce 13, are weaker in torque power but still get the job done.. it should be somewhat better in fuel if you run them in mostly flat road... if mostly hills this engine will hold your speed back at a very low speed. overall i like prostar for the price... but if you have the money i would say a kenworth t660 with that nice ... my prostars are getting the job done for now.. good luck in your truck shopping.
Replied on Wed, May 11, 2016 at 07:15 PM CST
Local IH dealer won't take them on trade. Nuf said.
Replied on Wed, May 11, 2016 at 07:23 PM CST
Quote: "What is the shop in Iowa? "

Matt,

I left a message with someone in your office with my phone number. Give me a call and I'll tell you what I know and who to contact at this shop.
Replied on Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM CST
Prostar just awful to work on. They have more air conditioner trouble than any others and terrible expensive. Price a cab air bag, stupid price. Price a cab air bag for a paccar trk, cheap comparatively, and easy to change
Maxforce not thru the gate to my shop. Look at the legal battles over those losers.

Art Pfluger
Replied on Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 07:54 AM CST
Quote: "Matt, I left a message with someone in your office with my phone number. Give me a call and I'll tell you what I know and who to contact at this shop."

Can you share the shop in iowa that can work on turned maxxforce motors. I had one tuned and I think the tune is junk. I work out of omaha

Replied on Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 11:10 AM CST
Quote: "Matt, I left a message with someone in your office with my phone number. Give me a call and I'll tell you what I know and who to contact at this shop."

Hey Dean, i’d Like to know as well. I live in Iowa, might be handy info.
Replied on Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 11:29 AM CST
Quote: "Hey Dean, i’d Like to know as well. I live in Iowa, might be handy info."

Find my phone number or e-mail and contact me that way.