Home > Forum > Canceled Loads

Canceled loads

Oct 25, 2018 at 08:46 AM CST
New to the business. Haul cement and flyash. Can someone tell me, when a company cancels your load after you loaded and have to return to your yard, how do you Bill the cancelation? Do I put a price or do I have to let the company put a price
Replied on Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 09:01 AM CST
That falls under the catagory of things to know before you load. Contact the shipper or broker
Replied on Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 09:58 AM CST
+ 2 - 1
you put a price on the time to load and return to your yard with the load and then you recalculate where they want you to deliver. you also charge them for storage while the load is in your yard. when the load is still on your truck its your call.
Replied on Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 11:34 AM CST
Personally, I would break it down as a Truck Ordered Not Used for $250 + $/mile on the rate to return from current location, and then $50 for the stop. I know many carriers would price something in that ballpark. You may get pushback on the extra $50 stop, but the remainder is very fair, especially if you're running a pneumatic or a specialized trailer.
Replied on Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 02:59 PM CST
When we haul a load and it's rejected for a customer, we charge the full amount and then whatever the rate is once it's rerouted unless the customer can reroute the same at the time of rejection, in which case we would charge the extra mileage and stop charge. In the future you should make sure all of your rate quotes include an unused truck charge, demurrage, load rejection in the fine print. It use to be hard to get these fees, but now it's harder to get a truck so we finally have pricing power.