Home > Forum > Lease Purchase Peterbilt

Lease purchase peterbilt

Apr 29, 2021 at 10:18 PM CST
+ 6 - 3

Hey just looking for a lease purchase program with no gimmicks for a peterbilt do not come at me with anything else I'm old school been driving for 6 years really want to get into my own ride I'm currently pulling hopper and enjoy it but I've done just about everything so if anyone has a decent program hit me up

Replied on Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 01:05 PM CST
+ 3
So you've ONLY been doing this 6 years, you don't have enough money and credit to just go buy a truck yourself, but you're "old school?"...oook...🙄
Replied on Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 01:05 PM CST
+ 3

Your not quite old school yet buddy

Replied on Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 02:35 PM CST
- 1
Quote: "So you've ONLY been doing this 6 years, you don't have enough money and credit to just go buy a truck yourself, but you're "old school?"...oook...🙄"

So you've got nothing better to do than talk crap oookk

Replied on Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 02:35 PM CST
Quote: "Your not quite old school yet buddy"

Yea I'm old school when it comes to trucks if you actually look around most companies are automatics now I do not I prefer an older 379 so that's what I'm talking about so maybe don't insert your opinion where it isn't wanted unless you have what I asked for

Replied on Sat, May 01, 2021 at 05:50 PM CST
It's not about looking cool ....its what your profit per mile is. Have you kept track of all your expenses with the truck you are driving and how much per mile you need to feed the animal called your HOME. And ask your self if you would take the leap in buying a truck...not a lease purchase if the market was cold for Trucking???
Replied on Sun, May 02, 2021 at 08:24 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "So you've ONLY been doing this 6 years, you don't have enough money and credit to just go buy a truck yourself, but you're "old school?"...oook...🙄"

Exactly...Well said from a real old schooler...Please do yourself a favor and don't do a lease purchase. That's one of the worst deals to ever show up in the trucking industry. Nothing less profitable than paying twice as much for equipment than you need too. But hey, you do you brother. Good luck to you.

Replied on Sun, May 02, 2021 at 08:24 PM CST
Quote: "Your not quite old school yet buddy"

Mike, I almost spit out my coffe with that one. 😂

Replied on Sun, May 02, 2021 at 08:24 PM CST
Quote: "It's not about looking cool ....its what your profit per mile is. Have you kept track of all your expenses with the truck you are driving and how much per mile you need to feed the animal called your HOME. And ask your self if you would take the leap in buying a truck...not a lease purchase if the market was cold for Trucking???"

Yes I have considered it and I have done my homework and lasttime I checked the market for trucking is far from cold buying outright if the market drops your stuck with a trucknote you can't get away from lease purchase your working off a truck and if it doesn't work out you can walk away from it with no consequences your not stuck you just hafto stay with that company as long as you owe on the truck I've grown up with trucks I watched my dad fail because of pure ignorance and no a little thing called divorce ruined my credit and left me with nothing so my ambition is to own more than one truck and as soon as possible I've been around the industry most of my life the difference between success and failure in the trucking business is planning no excessive deadheading ever and keep that driver door shut

Replied on Mon, May 03, 2021 at 05:46 AM CST
Quote: "Yes I have considered it and I have done my homework and lasttime I checked the market for trucking is far from cold buying outright if the market drops your stuck with a trucknote you can't get away from lease purchase your working off a truck and if it doesn't work out you can walk away from it with no consequences your not stuck you just hafto stay with that company as long as you owe on the truck I've grown up with trucks I watched my dad fail because of pure ignorance and no a little thing called divorce ruined my credit and left me with nothing so my ambition is to own more than one truck and as soon as possible I've been around the industry most of my life the difference between success and failure in the trucking business is planning no excessive deadheading ever and keep that driver door shut "

Lease purchase , a tool designed when the economy fell. It was made to trap people. You lease on and they give a truck and then starve you out. After you loses everything but keep on trying to make it with the little miles they give you, you get their truck about paid off and then they cut you back till you can't survive. Then they do it again to the next guy. It's like the quicky car lot. Nothing but a scam. Very few people make it as far as I have heard. Better off buying a tractor and leasing it on to a company. But some people have made it with lease purchase. Well I assume you were speaking of a lease purchase with s trucking company and not a lease from dealership.
Replied on Mon, May 03, 2021 at 07:43 AM CST
Quote: "Yes I have considered it and I have done my homework and lasttime I checked the market for trucking is far from cold buying outright if the market drops your stuck with a trucknote you can't get away from lease purchase your working off a truck and if it doesn't work out you can walk away from it with no consequences your not stuck you just hafto stay with that company as long as you owe on the truck I've grown up with trucks I watched my dad fail because of pure ignorance and no a little thing called divorce ruined my credit and left me with nothing so my ambition is to own more than one truck and as soon as possible I've been around the industry most of my life the difference between success and failure in the trucking business is planning no excessive deadheading ever and keep that driver door shut "

NO! NO! OH NO!

Replied on Mon, May 03, 2021 at 07:55 AM CST
+ 1

LEASE PURCHASE IS MODERN DAY SLAVERY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO $35,000.00 AT ANY GIVEN TIME WHERE YOU CAN JUST CALL YOUR BANK AND HAVE IT ADVANCED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT I WOULD NOT TRY TO OPERATE A TRUCK OF MY OWN. YOU MIGHT JUST FIND YOURSELF A LOT MORE POOR THAN YOU ALREADY ARE.

Replied on Mon, May 03, 2021 at 10:15 AM CST

Yes lease purchase through a trucking company not a dealer

Replied on Tue, May 04, 2021 at 09:50 PM CST
Quote: "LEASE PURCHASE IS MODERN DAY SLAVERY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO $35,000.00 AT ANY GIVEN TIME WHERE YOU CAN JUST CALL YOUR BANK AND HAVE IT ADVANCED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT I WOULD NOT TRY TO OPERATE A TRUCK OF MY OWN. YOU MIGHT JUST FIND YOURSELF A LOT MORE POOR THAN YOU ALREADY ARE. "

having that problem now.NEVER EVER do business with Arrow Truck Sales.Liars.Scammers. All AGM batteries dead. Grease zert missing and threads stripped out from tie rod end. Leakin air bag sealed with all the black paint and clear coat. Who knows what else since I am still sitting two weeks latercuzcan not get base plates. Kansas always has some excuse. Wrong address , cant use PObox.Articles of incorporation has wrong address for mailing. Cantprove you have trucking company at home cuz no bills sent to company you have never operated yet. Letters from Sec of state are not certified ...... Meanwhile truck/insurance/ trailer/ insurance/ parts / rent/utilities.... keep on coming in every week.

No telling what will happen when truck hits the road.

Be ready.

Replied on Tue, May 04, 2021 at 09:50 PM CST
Quote: "Yes I have considered it and I have done my homework and lasttime I checked the market for trucking is far from cold buying outright if the market drops your stuck with a trucknote you can't get away from lease purchase your working off a truck and if it doesn't work out you can walk away from it with no consequences your not stuck you just hafto stay with that company as long as you owe on the truck I've grown up with trucks I watched my dad fail because of pure ignorance and no a little thing called divorce ruined my credit and left me with nothing so my ambition is to own more than one truck and as soon as possible I've been around the industry most of my life the difference between success and failure in the trucking business is planning no excessive deadheading ever and keep that driver door shut "

Just one thought on that.

If you lease from a dealer, it is not really all that hard. I can tell you that I can walk into local freightliner and drive off in a new truck with no job to go to and only reasonable credit and unemployed. 5k down. 55k a year. trade in every two years or buy out. Great tax savings on the leasing. This is far better than leaseto purchase with truck company. You can always lease onto any company you want after you have a truck. you will make money. Plus i think you would avoid the major BS I am going through by buying my truck. No tags , can not work. Going broke sitting here while state refuses to tag my truck.

Add it up. If you can not make at least 6k a week you are wasting your time.

Word : Never buy that truck under company name unless you have absolute proof that your company is at the address you say it is. Here it is 3 forms that show company name and address including the mailing address being the same. Weeks of hassle.

Replied on Tue, May 04, 2021 at 09:50 PM CST
Quote: "Yes lease purchase through a trucking company not a dealer "

Good luck with that. If you search all the trucking forums on this matter you will find a thousand horror stories over this scam. And yes, it is a scam. Itwas invented during the big recession to pay for trucks the big guys bought.

Keep in mind that most will require you to be a trainee. Low pay that dwindles to none. I have read a few posts of successful drivers but not many. Just search the forums and pick the best one you find. They may have been getting better since the last economic crash that spawned this lease stuff. Perhaps it can work now. Truckers report is a good place to learn about this matter

Replied on Fri, May 07, 2021 at 07:54 AM CST
+ 1

Since the original request was inquiring about a lease purchase, I came across this while looking around on truck paper this evening....I still think it is a terrible idea...Also a YouTube video titled "Exposing Truck Financing Ripoffs and Scams....

Replied on Fri, May 07, 2021 at 01:38 PM CST
Long term maintenance included affordable truck rentals can be obtained from all the truck manufacturers. I did this through Ideal lease until the ELD mandate went into effect. My monthly truck costs which included heavy use tax, ifta, tire wear, oil changes, etc. Ranged from 3300 to 4000 dollars per month, and I I never ran a truck more than 3 years old. This is a great way to break into the owner op game.
Replied on Sat, May 08, 2021 at 11:47 AM CST

money is made in the buyin, not the sellin. It's not what you make but what you retake. Most money I made was on a 3rd hand Freightliner Century class. UGLY truck, but the freight didn't care.

BTW-I received authority from the DOT in 1996. I'm not even close to old school, I know companies in the area with 5 digit DOT #'s. Best driver we have is 73 yo kid! Old school, blah blah blah

Replied on Sat, May 08, 2021 at 11:47 AM CST
Quote: "money is made in the buyin, not the sellin. It's not what you make but what you retake. Most money I made was on a 3rd hand Freightliner Century class. UGLY truck, but the freight didn't care. BTW-I received authority from the DOT in 1996. I'm not even close to old school, I know companies in the area with 5 digit DOT #'s. Best driver we have is 73 yo kid! Old school, blah blah blah"

After thinking about my response, I may have came across as mean. Not my intent, and we need young people interested in this business, and any business for that fact. So hats off to Shad. Keep swinging, you're young and there's plenty of time for you to win, fail, start over, and over, and over... Don't let the true old school boys wear to hard on you, you may learn something, it's just life and human nature.

Replied on Sat, May 08, 2021 at 03:40 PM CST
Quote: "After thinking about my response, I may have came across as mean. Not my intent, and we need young people interested in this business, and any business for that fact. So hats off to Shad. Keep swinging, you're young and there's plenty of time for you to win, fail, start over, and over, and over... Don't let the true old school boys wear to hard on you, you may learn something, it's just life and human nature."

Lol I may be young to most drivers on this forum and 37 is young for most but for the haters commenting I've grown up on a farm been around trucking and heavy equipment since my whole life been a fireman a police officer served in the military yes I'm young in age but I am not young anymore I've watched my dad fail at trucking because he thought like most drivers on this forum scared to take a chance or do the proper research he failed and had to sale his business I've been around long enough to know when a company is j****** me off and lease purchase that I'm looking into has an escape clause you for any reason don't feel like it's working for you you walk away from the lease with no penalty you can't make money you walk away I know what it takes to make it work I know how much money I gotta make each week and how many miles or loads I hafto make to make this work so for all the naysayers I know what I'm doing I'm not a new driver or a retiring driver do not think I'm an idiot