Home > Forum > $2.80 MINIMUM LOADED MILE

$2.80 MINIMUM LOADED MILE

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:39 PM CST
+ 24 - 3
I'm tired of playing games. I know that shippers and brokers are getting on this site to get a feel of the what's going on, hopefully you do see this and get a true feeling of my thoughts. Tired of furnishing good equipment to haul your products to customers, tired of furnishing all the insurance needed, tired of buying tires, the price of services on the equipment, the washouts, the plates, the regulations, the filings and everything else that comes along with this service just to see the attitude that you have toward us. I'm not a puppet, I will not perform on your cue just to perform. If your rates are up to at least $2.80 a loaded mile I'll load if not you can haul them one pocketful at a time. Enough is enough.
Replied on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 04:03 PM CST
+ 7 - 1
Before the oil patch went dead I had no trouble holding around $4. Now with bottom feeders trying to hold on to $2000 per month trucks and $1500 a month trailers I'm having hell holding steady at $3.25.

I'll be glad when the oil patch gets back up or the finance company gets tired of playing with these guys.

Hold your ground. I won't drop any lower either.

Replied on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 04:45 PM CST
+ 7 - 1
Like I said, enough of the dregs. I will not haul just to be out there. We have the responsibility to take care of the customer base that is ours but if we cannot at least show some profit from our hard work and long hours we put ourselves through then it's time to draw a line. I have. I refuse to having to fish day in and out for $2 + @mile rates to be taken advantage of and laughed at in the ending of the day by everyone else that is showing profits at our demise. Rates will be fair or they will not be hauled by me. If our customers do not respect that then they do not deserve the type of service we have offered. Trucking has been my life pretty much for many years and really ashamed to the way it is going. It will only last for a short period for those that think they can hang on at the rates offered today.
Replied on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 04:49 PM CST
+ 2 - 2
I see some dislikes, must have a guilt feeling. That's funny.
Replied on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 04:51 PM CST
could be a couple of displaced Truck Nation customers.
Replied on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 08:35 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "I see some dislikes, must have a guilt feeling. That's funny. "

Steve, liers don't like the truth.

Replied on Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 09:17 AM CST
+ 1
Here in ND the oil field is still doing the cut rate I have been offered match rate loads. I just say no thanks. I will not pull for less than 3.00 loaded mile. I have no payments to make " fuel is down so should the rates". I tell them their petro products are down also. The oil field needs to tell. The people to go back where they came from and they will be called when they are needed again
it appears the "workers" that came up here could t hold a job where they came from
Replied on Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 09:26 AM CST
+ 4
Quote: "Here in ND the oil field is still doing the cut rate I have been offered match rate loads. I just say no thanks. I will not pull for less than 3.00 loaded mile. I have no payments to make " fuel is down so should the rates". I tell them their petro products are down also. The oil field needs to tell. The people to go back where they came from and they will be called when they are needed again it appears the "workers" that came up here could t hold a job where they came from "

Greg, they are boomer's, you are stuck with them now. Nobody back where they came from wanted them around anyways. Sucks for ND, all the good ones already went back home, because they actually had a home to go to.