Home > Forum > Bridgestone R 238 245 70 17.5 Tires

Bridgestone R-238 245-70-17.5 Tires

Jun 28, 2016 at 01:25 PM CST
+ 1
I would really like to know who is running these tires and if you're having any trouble out of these tires. I have put eight of these tires on my step deck in less than 10 days in the same position. I have put bearings on the trailer in the position where I'm having trouble I have had the trailer aligned and still I am losing tires. If anybody's running this same style and brand of tire I would really like to know especially if you have any trouble out of them.
Replied on Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 05:28 PM CST
+ 1
I bet your just going down the road and the tire(s) just blow up? These bridgestones as far as im concerened are crap.. I has a 3 axle murray rgn with them and went though all of them with in a year... First they take 125 lbs of air preasure.. Try to find where you can get that.. And air preasure is critical.. Second try to find a place that will fill them with nitrogen.. As it keeps the air presure at a constant preasure and it runs cooler.. Or if you spend some money you can make your own.. With a bottle of nitrogen you can get from the loc welding supply.. You will need to buy a oxygen (high presure) welding gage so you can tap into the nitrogen bottle. And maybe a 25 ft oxygen welding hose.. Just a single hose.. Then the welding shop wont do it but you need to find a hydro shop that will put a fitting on the end of the hose for an air chuck.. Different threads than gas welding hose... Empty all air out of tire. Set the regulator to 125 clip on air chuck and wah lah.. It will fill to 125 lbs.. Also running over stuff like curbs when loaded doesnt help these tires.. I had better luck with continentals than bridgestone.. If you call them up.. They will act like you dont know what your talking about.. Bridgetones dont just blow up.. You must have run over something and made it run flat.. Good luck.. Jeff
Replied on Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 05:32 PM CST
+ 1
Ohhh and they dont like humidity..or high speeds over 65-70 or alot of weight.. I used to carry about 55,000 on 12 tires (3axle).. Is there a reason why you need it so low? You could try 255...22.5s..at least they have a higher load rating..
Replied on Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:18 PM CST
I have run these as that is what came on my race car trailer. I had mixed luck. Any brand this size doesn't like speeds over 65. I can't change size. Pilot transport and other large car Haulers like reliable run this size. You might call them and see what they can tell you.

Art Pfluger