Home > Forum > Brokers

Brokers

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:24 PM CST
+ 53 - 5

Why are there loads on here over 20 plus days or even 2 days, once the load has been booked then the load should be taken off, extremely tired of taking time out of my day or better yet wasting my time calling on a load just to hear we booked that load 2 days ago, all the while sounding like you are the idiot for not knowing it has been booked, hello, of course I'm gonna call because ITS STILL ON THE BOARD!!! So we waste time calling on that load and probably miss the load that is actually still available. Sorry for the rant but with these low rates I hate wasting my time

Replied on Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 11:10 AM CST
+ 1
Because this entire industry has been taken over by idiots that dont care about our time. Just getting their cut of the load. Had a broker convince me to dh 800 miles to dedicate to a long term job. 2 loads in and like magic there is no more loads. They just dont care whos time they waste.
Replied on Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 02:11 PM CST

Call me 8705890860 - Ill do all the work for you.

Replied on Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 07:28 PM CST

😳Uh-oh, William got a negative check mark. Must have struck a nerve with someone. Anybody think it was a broker?🤦‍♂️😂

Replied on Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 08:37 AM CST
I actually agree with all of you
Replied on Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 03:11 PM CST
+ 2

Brokers that wont call you back or email after you sent them messages.

Replied on Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 10:39 AM CST
+ 1

I'm not sure if there's a setting that we can change on our end but the default when posting a load is 30 days. Personally I think 5 days would be ideal as it has you inside of a normal working week. That would probably help a lot to keep old and outdated posts off the board.

Replied on Fri, Nov 04, 2022 at 04:07 PM CST
Quote: "I'm not sure if there's a setting that we can change on our end but the default when posting a load is 30 days. Personally I think 5 days would be ideal as it has you inside of a normal working week. That would probably help a lot to keep old and outdated posts off the board."

That's a great idea that will go absolutely no where. I said this last year. They should have a maximum post time of one week. Then have a simple one button push for brokers to repost a load. But everything has to be reconfirmed every week.
Replied on Fri, Nov 04, 2022 at 04:14 PM CST

I got an email from a broker on this site I looked them up on safer and they have pending broker authority but yet there peddling loads on here someone needs to check before the can post loads becareful who you use

Replied on Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 09:01 PM CST
+ 1

Bottom line is all brokers suck! Some not as bad as others but, bottom line is they all suck! They sit at a computer and make some calls. That's it. We carry all the insurance carry all the burden and do all the actual work. I get it they are in business to make money like we are, but something has to give. We are the ones putting out all the money for fuel, maitenance, insurance, being gone from home for days and weeks at a time, dealing with ignorant 4 wheelers, as well as ignorant steering wheel holders in big trucks, and praying we don't fall prey to the DOT, meanwhile some of them are making more money than we are per load!

Replied on Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 06:53 AM CST
+ 1

I neccessary wouldnt say that all brokers suck. There are some good ones out there. We own 17 hoppers and have to have our brokerage due to some owner operators pulling our trailers. First off, yes I do agree with your comment about how the truckers are the ones putting money into their trucks for fuel, insurance, maintainance, etc. As a dispatcher and owner of a trucking company and brokerage I dont just sit at my computer and make calls. There is a lot of other work I do like help replace tires, fix a truck or trailer, cook meals for my truckers, I mean who doesnt like a nice home cooked meal, help their familes out while they are out on the road trucking, etc. The list goes on. What bugs me the most is when a broker will lie to a carrier, give them the run around, or take a significant amount to simply broker a load to them. I feel its most important to take care of my drivers and carriers first hand because if not, then we wouldnt have good drivers out there. My drivers and carriers know my phone is on 24/7, yes it never gets shut off and if Im unaccessible then they know they can call my hubby. Being transparent and communication is huge in my book.

Replied on Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 12:36 PM CST
Amen
Replied on Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 06:02 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Bottom line is all brokers suck! Some not as bad as others but, bottom line is they all suck! They sit at a computer and make some calls. That's it. We carry all the insurance carry all the burden and do all the actual work. I get it they are in business to make money like we are, but something has to give. We are the ones putting out all the money for fuel, maitenance, insurance, being gone from home for days and weeks at a time, dealing with ignorant 4 wheelers, as well as ignorant steering wheel holders in big trucks, and praying we don't fall prey to the DOT, meanwhile some of them are making more money than we are per load! "

The broker business started because truckers, and I own my own trucks, didn't want to contact shippers. It's a time-consuming task. I appreciate all the work my son puts into our broker business to build relationships with carriers and shippers to be able to connect the two. It should always be a win-win situation where it works for all parties involved. If that's not happening for you, then you have the wrong broker.

Replied on Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 06:02 PM CST
Quote: "I neccessary wouldnt say that all brokers suck. There are some good ones out there. We own 17 hoppers and have to have our brokerage due to some owner operators pulling our trailers. First off, yes I do agree with your comment about how the truckers are the ones putting money into their trucks for fuel, insurance, maintainance, etc. As a dispatcher and owner of a trucking company and brokerage I dont just sit at my computer and make calls. There is a lot of other work I do like help replace tires, fix a truck or trailer, cook meals for my truckers, I mean who doesnt like a nice home cooked meal, help their familes out while they are out on the road trucking, etc. The list goes on. What bugs me the most is when a broker will lie to a carrier, give them the run around, or take a significant amount to simply broker a load to them. I feel its most important to take care of my drivers and carriers first hand because if not, then we wouldnt have good drivers out there. My drivers and carriers know my phone is on 24/7, yes it never gets shut off and if Im unaccessible then they know they can call my hubby. Being transparent and communication is huge in my book. "

Not all brokers are bad but like anything there are bad apples and I am sure you can understand the frustration every couple of days new brokers popping up on this site sometimes posting loads you are doing for less money i posted earlier that i got email from one and there broker authority is pending but yet there offering loads try that with your trucking while all of our expenses are going up someone taking money off the top while our budget is shrinking like I said not all are bad you sound like someone who cares and I appreciate that but not all do

Replied on Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 07:17 AM CST
Quote: "The broker business started because truckers, and I own my own trucks, didn't want to contact shippers. It's a time-consuming task. I appreciate all the work my son puts into our broker business to build relationships with carriers and shippers to be able to connect the two. It should always be a win-win situation where it works for all parties involved. If that's not happening for you, then you have the wrong broker."

That's it in a nut shell. If handled correctly, they are your sales department. There is a charge for that. Maybe you can do it yourself.

Replied on Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 05:23 PM CST
Quote: "I neccessary wouldnt say that all brokers suck. There are some good ones out there. We own 17 hoppers and have to have our brokerage due to some owner operators pulling our trailers. First off, yes I do agree with your comment about how the truckers are the ones putting money into their trucks for fuel, insurance, maintainance, etc. As a dispatcher and owner of a trucking company and brokerage I dont just sit at my computer and make calls. There is a lot of other work I do like help replace tires, fix a truck or trailer, cook meals for my truckers, I mean who doesnt like a nice home cooked meal, help their familes out while they are out on the road trucking, etc. The list goes on. What bugs me the most is when a broker will lie to a carrier, give them the run around, or take a significant amount to simply broker a load to them. I feel its most important to take care of my drivers and carriers first hand because if not, then we wouldnt have good drivers out there. My drivers and carriers know my phone is on 24/7, yes it never gets shut off and if Im unaccessible then they know they can call my hubby. Being transparent and communication is huge in my book. "

You, really don't get put in the all brokers suck category! You also have trucks. I meant the ones that only broker and wouldn't know a hopper bottom from walking floor!

Replied on Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 09:07 PM CST
AGREED
Replied on Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 01:17 PM CST
I agree that brokers play a necessary part in the industry, and I appreciate the service they bring to the table, as long as they realize carriers need to be profitable as well and don’t try to tell me what I should be happy making. I find I do better staying with a small group rather than bouncing around.
Replied on Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 10:41 AM CST

I'm a broker. I understand your frustration. I had a load on here that I booked. I literally couldn't find my load on the board, but somehow it was still posted for a couple weeks. I had to email customer service to find it and take it down. There might be an issue with the site causing the problem. Or I might not be smart enough to figure it out. One of the two.

Replied on Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 10:41 AM CST
Quote: "Bottom line is all brokers suck! Some not as bad as others but, bottom line is they all suck! They sit at a computer and make some calls. That's it. We carry all the insurance carry all the burden and do all the actual work. I get it they are in business to make money like we are, but something has to give. We are the ones putting out all the money for fuel, maitenance, insurance, being gone from home for days and weeks at a time, dealing with ignorant 4 wheelers, as well as ignorant steering wheel holders in big trucks, and praying we don't fall prey to the DOT, meanwhile some of them are making more money than we are per load! "

Brokers that don't have skin in the game I feel should go away, If the FAMCSA would require any brokerage to also operate carrier authority it would change things. We are a carrier first & we broker overflow loads, I feel the industry would operate more smoothly if a company wanting to start a borkerage operate as a asset based carrier first.

Replied on Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 11:18 AM CST
Quote: "Brokers that don't have skin in the game I feel should go away, If the FAMCSA would require any brokerage to also operate carrier authority it would change things. We are a carrier first & we broker overflow loads, I feel the industry would operate more smoothly if a company wanting to start a borkerage operate as a asset based carrier first."

"We are a carrier first & we broker overflow loads..." - Yes, this exactly! I agree that this would change the transportation industry for the better.

Replied on Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 09:11 PM CST
Everyone bashing broker's......question is. What would it be like without them ? Let me guess, here comes the "just haul direct" comments
Replied on Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM CST
Quote: "I neccessary wouldnt say that all brokers suck. There are some good ones out there. We own 17 hoppers and have to have our brokerage due to some owner operators pulling our trailers. First off, yes I do agree with your comment about how the truckers are the ones putting money into their trucks for fuel, insurance, maintainance, etc. As a dispatcher and owner of a trucking company and brokerage I dont just sit at my computer and make calls. There is a lot of other work I do like help replace tires, fix a truck or trailer, cook meals for my truckers, I mean who doesnt like a nice home cooked meal, help their familes out while they are out on the road trucking, etc. The list goes on. What bugs me the most is when a broker will lie to a carrier, give them the run around, or take a significant amount to simply broker a load to them. I feel its most important to take care of my drivers and carriers first hand because if not, then we wouldnt have good drivers out there. My drivers and carriers know my phone is on 24/7, yes it never gets shut off and if Im unaccessible then they know they can call my hubby. Being transparent and communication is huge in my book. "

Well Said, same here, not just taking loads, Only taking loads that make sense and make money.. On Call 24/7, 2am phone calls with a load number that has been used,, waiting till 8am to get it fixed,,, not sitting in the office to drink Starbucks and click the mouse, pushing loads,, I'm here pushing the calcutor and responding to emails with sub $5 mile frieght, and maybe thats not enough $$, but don't waste my time so you can build a fancy office building or drive a BMW or Tesla, which by the way, hows those electric cars being charged in Florida after the hurricane,, their not, because saltwater blows up battiries, Google it. There was massive fires, like 120 fires, on Sanibel Islands, which came from a reliabel source, due to batteries getting hot because they were flooded with saltwater, The Liberal News won't report that because the Truth Hurts,, going green isn't the thing to do.. the New Pandemic is No One wants to Work, NO Commensense and Everyone wanting handouts. its time to stand up to the LEFT and say this is NOT Gonna Stand!! We want our country back as what the Founders started this country for...

Under God we Trust!!

Let the hate mail start...

Replied on Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 05:57 PM CST

The problem is the college's are brainwashing kids to think socialism is better than the free market. Telling them everything will be free if democrats are elected. Watch on the sidewalk interviews at college's and they are clueless, what's this world coming to.

Replied on Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 09:16 PM CST

A lot of shippers won't deal with an o/o. They want one person in charge of multiple trucks, it's just the way it is.

Finding a competent broker is no different than finding a good accountant or mechanic, they are part of your business.

We as truck drivers often do not work together much because sometimes it's best to keep quiet when it comes to business. But something we CAN do to work together is rate the brokers. Are they competent. I.E Do they answer the phone day or night? Are they honest? Do they pay? How quickly do they pay? Are they worth your/our time? If so, reward that broker or brokerage with a positive rating, if not let others know.

Just my 2 cents