Home > Forum > ELD= $3.00 LOW END PER MILE OR A $1,500.00 A DAY

ELD= $3.00 LOW END PER MILE OR A $1,500.00 A DAY

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:53 PM CST
+ 3 - 1
My thinking is $3.00 low end per mile or $1,500.00 for a 10 hour day.I just Don't see how anyone can do it any cheaper and stay in business.And as far as factoring goes yes it cost 2.5 to 5 % and that's non-recourse some guys need a service like this because they are pulling freight to cheap but I will also say most brokers ride you for 30 days before they pay you and a lot of the shippers ride 30/45 days so yes a factoring company can be a good thing for some.And talking about brokers most or I would say 80% or agents for a brokerage house.So that means he or she has to make money and the house has to make money that's why most rates are to low.And until you, the trucker decides you want to make more money it's going to stay this way.Well, that's my 2cent now you can tear me apart.
Replied on Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 07:58 PM CST
From my understanding and I could have been led down the wrong path........ The only time non recourse factoring works in your favor is if the broker/shipper files bankruptcy. If they just dont pay, the factoring company can come back to you. I have been told this by two different factoring companies.

Replied on Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 02:15 AM CST
That is true if there is not a nonrecourse agreement signed.
Replied on Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 06:58 PM CST
I fully concur..however I feel a broker is only worth 5 percent....or a flat 150 per hour to the truck in a 14 hour clock and fuel surcharge on runs over 250 miles plus tolls.
Replied on Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 09:09 PM CST
Dream on. Wont ever happen.
Replied on Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 01:04 PM CST
if you need to use a loan shark , aka factoring company then you prolly should not be in business , number 2 as far as hourly or day rate i agree but everyone cost of biz. is different , i do quite well at 850 per day. but if you went to hourly or day rate would you also be willing to pro rate or stop the clock for breakdowns delays non related to the load but your personal business etc ? inother words you take a load for 1000 daollar day rate for 3 days but blow a wheel seal , would you be willing to pro rate the 3 hours back to the shiper for that down time non related to the movement of his load ?
Replied on Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 02:26 PM CST
We use our factoring company because when we started 45 years ago finding someone to help you was hard I got lucky I found a company that would and man it was a godsend for us.But you know what I have not missed that 2.5% in 45 years.As far as Breakdowns and other things, not related to the load or load are yes we give credit back to the shipper we even give back fuel surcharge refund'sMyself I have enough going on to worry about other things or people.Most truckers don't even ask about the fuel surcharge and the surcharge should not be included in the load rate But enough said.