Home > Forum > Single Vs Multiple Vibrators

Single vs multiple vibrators

May 04, 2019 at 12:35 PM CST
+ 1 - 1
Just looking for some thoughts on using a single portable vibrator trap mounted vs having a second on the knock rail, timpte with the bigdoors.
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 07:11 AM CST
+ 1
i'm not sure how affective the portable ones are. but with those timptes with the big doors it really doesnt take much to get commodity to flow. I have a timpte with the big doors and i have one knock rail mounted vibrator and im a tight wad so i ONLY have one. I used wing nuts to mount it so i could move it from front hopper to back quickly. I havent moved it from hopper to hopper more than a couple times for some hot DDG so i wouldnt be surprised if those portables do fine. but timpte recomended the knock rail mounted to me vs the ones that stick to the slopes.
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 07:11 AM CST
Thanks for the reply, is there a strength difference between portable and permanent? Either would be what timpte provides from the factory.
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 09:34 AM CST

To me the permanent mount does a better job as all the energy from the vibrator is absorbed to the trailer. The portable one loses some of it's energy rattling around in the bracket.

Another plus to the permanent is that you don't have to string a hose around and carry the hose and vibrator in the side box.

The suction cup vibrators are a different story. I have no experience with them but there are several forms that discuss them.

Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 09:34 AM CST
+ 1
I've never used the portable so I don't have an opinion there. The biggest benefit I could see in my own scenario would be the ability to mount it on the slopes by the steps....the steps are the only place product ever hangs up on mine
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 09:34 AM CST
Ah good point as I'm having steps put in. I spoke with my dealer and apparently the permanent vibrators get oilers so I suppose I'll be going with 2 permanent mounts and a portable for the front and back slopes!
Replied on Mon, May 06, 2019 at 01:53 PM CST
+ 1
personally i have experience with both portable and permanent . I love the portable since i can put it in the toolbox and it stays nice in there. the permanent ones get all the ice and water buildup and it seeps in there and your vibrators just make a funny sound. If you put permanent ones on make sure to add a tube for the exhaust port and pipe it down so not so much moisture gets in. Good luck
Replied on Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 04:08 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVID HAYES
Quote: "To me the permanent mount does a better job as all the energy from the vibrator is absorbed to the trailer. The portable one loses some of it's energy rattling around in the bracket. Another plus to the permanent is that you don't have to string a hose around and carry the hose and vibrator in the side box. The suction cup vibrators are a different story. I have no experience with them but there are several forms that discuss them."

Hi David, What brand of hopper trailer do you have?
Replied on Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 07:51 AM CST

I have two Texans one on each hopper bolted to the knock rails. They work miracles for me. I did notice a bid difference once I mounted them to the knock rails

Replied on Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 08:47 PM CST
Originally Posted by: MIKE STRATIS
Quote: "Hi David, What brand of hopper trailer do you have?"

We run Timpte

Replied on Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: DALE HERMANS
Quote: "I've never used the portable so I don't have an opinion there. The biggest benefit I could see in my own scenario would be the ability to mount it on the slopes by the steps....the steps are the only place product ever hangs up on mine"

My steps had a bar in the middle. Cut it out have far less trouble now.
Replied on Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 07:49 AM CST
Originally Posted by: ANDREW WENGER
Quote: "personally i have experience with both portable and permanent . I love the portable since i can put it in the toolbox and it stays nice in there. the permanent ones get all the ice and water buildup and it seeps in there and your vibrators just make a funny sound. If you put permanent ones on make sure to add a tube for the exhaust port and pipe it down so not so much moisture gets in. Good luck"

I'm with you Andrew. I run suction cup stlye. Sometimes on the side, sometimes on front or rear slope. Anywhere I need it. And then into side box where its safely stored from the elements. And that things seriouly shakes the heck out of my Timpte! Valero DDg's no problem. Oat flour no problems. And of course, I'm always thinking weight. No brackets, and only one vibrator to carry. Guess I did have to buy an air hose for the occasional mill that does not have air available.

Replied on Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 06:51 AM CST
So....ive heard of the steps in the trailer, but never seen them; how do they install them?
Replied on Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 11:44 AM CST
Originally Posted by: PHILLIP TROUDT
Quote: "So....ive heard of the steps in the trailer, but never seen them; how do they install them?"

Huck bolts through the slope, the steps are flat aluminum. I'll see if I can find a picture.
Replied on Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 11:44 AM CST
Here's a picture of the inside. Timpte steps https://imgur.com/gallery/SxZgaXD
Replied on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 09:00 AM CST

Bought 2 Suction vibrators my drivers Love them. (expensive but worth it)