Home > Forum > Whos The Broker?

whos the broker?

Jan 08, 2016 at 09:12 PM CST
i see hoppers lined up everyday down the road from my house loading lime/calcium at Crawford Tx. whos got the loads?
Replied on Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 11:42 AM CST
Ever think they are not brokered loads.. But you could haul direct for them?
Replied on Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 08:58 PM CST
I would get out of the house and make a sales call to them and find out who is taking care of the shipping, maybe they need your services or point you in the right direction.

Replied on Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 10:28 PM CST
Yes I guess so
Replied on Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 03:20 PM CST
+ 4
I always start by going direct to the company. If they are brokering their loads through someone they will provide information. If they are not, they most likely will tell you what their insurance requirements and other requirements are for you to haul for them. Worth a phone call of a face-to-face. As I have always told my kids, "there is only two answers to a question - yes or no".
Replied on Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 02:22 PM CST
Not to be rude but what do you mean "I guess so"? I know how intimidating it can be to make that call but in business it's the only way to succeed. Do you think that broker (assuming they use one) waited to see if someone put loads in their lap? No way, they made the sales call and said "what can I do for you?". If you have the opportunity to get a regular run out of a nearby shipper and for the full rate, you've got nothing to lose! There are pretty much 4 possible answers...we don't need you at all (you've lost nothing but gained an answer), we'll might need someone (maybe not a solid yes, but potentialially a yes), we use a broker (you now have a contact for loads), or let's get you set up because I really need a consistent truck (YAY!). I say go for it and good luck!
Replied on Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 03:07 PM CST

Excellent answers in all forms
Or you can't get an answer out of them or they won't answer the phone and you have to call repeatedly until you get a quit bothering me or they get tired of your phone call and set you up as a carrier with them. Lol

Replied on Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 08:12 PM CST
i spoke with them today. they said their customers set up theyre own transport but didnt give me any info past that but its a start!
Replied on Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 10:31 AM CST
+ 2
out of Crawford, loyalist calcium -lime.
Double t, cargill, purina, Rfg, reliant, eclipse, Dillion, txi, those are the ones I've heard picking up there before. All broker only, unless your buying direct. You can always go by their plant, turn ur cb to 4 if I recall, they ask every driver what broker they are picking up for. The rate sucks right now, so I haven't picked up there in almost a year. [email protected] Send me your contact info, I will forward some local brokers that have work right now, some rates are ok, some suck, just got to weed through them. Hope this helps......
Replied on Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 11:51 AM CST
I sure will, thanks!
Replied on Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 04:55 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DUSTIN MYERS
Quote: "Not to be rude but what do you mean "I guess so"? I know how intimidating it can be to make that call but in business it's the only way to succeed. Do you think that broker (assuming they use one) waited to see if someone put loads in their lap? No way, they made the sales call and said "what can I do for you?". If you have the opportunity to get a regular run out of a nearby shipper and for the full rate, you've got nothing to lose! There are pretty much 4 possible answers...we don't need you at all (you've lost nothing but gained an answer), we'll might need someone (maybe not a solid yes, but potentialially a yes), we use a broker (you now have a contact for loads), or let's get you set up because I really need a consistent truck (YAY!). I say go for it and good luck!"

or get yer wife to go talk to him, sorry, i had to.....
Replied on Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 04:57 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DUSTIN MASSINGILL
Quote: "i spoke with them today. they said their customers set up theyre own transport but didnt give me any info past that but its a start!"

great start now go back and ask who is the salesperson for the area you want to cover. this is your go to guy. this is the guy that will approach his customers with your rate, this is how you get contracts.....way to go
Replied on Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 04:59 PM CST
Originally Posted by: NANCY HARDER
Quote: "or get yer wife to go talk to him, sorry, i had to....."

Lol , maybe if I had one!
Replied on Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 09:27 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DUSTIN MASSINGILL
Quote: "i spoke with them today. they said their customers set up theyre own transport but didnt give me any info past that but its a start!"

Keep at it. I remember when I used to haul cottonseed I would acquire new contacts occasionally just from the paper work. The traders buy and sell to each other. The gin may have sold it to someone other than who I was hauling it for and their name would be on the paper work from the gin. If I remember right, I think I got acquainted with one of my best customers this way. You never know who could be paying the freight.

Replied on Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 08:03 PM CST
I haul out of there cb is 22 there's loads posted on here from time to time the guy I haul thru hired a driver to from up there to do all the temple Franklin and Oakwood runs
Replied on Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:32 AM CST
Thanks for the info, I'm running wide-open on liquid fertilizer right now soon as this is over I will be back on the hunt for something to do. I got some good info from a few folks to hopefully score a load out of there