Home > Forum > Adding Vibrators

Adding vibrators

Oct 15, 2015 at 02:14 PM CST
About how much would it cost to add vibrators to hopper bottom? Thinking about adding and wondering what the cost would be.
Replied on Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 04:55 PM CST

Not sure but I would tell you worth every penny you spend on them.

Replied on Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 05:37 PM CST
+ 1
Well, I can tell you this... and if you don't like it then I'll pay for it... There is a vibrator from Martin Systems @ www.shake-it.com. that I've seen in action and used, that is unbelievable in getting the load off. The only draw back is that the thing is $1500.00 but I haven't seen a load of BRAN...DDG.. or anything that this portable vibrator couldn't shake loose... without any beating on the trailer or any additional work.. It works off your trucks air supply and has a suction cup system that allows you to move it anywhere on the hopper... IT WORKS!!!! is all I can say if you can get past the price tag... My trailer is equipped with a vibrator on both hoppers and I had a load of bran that just would not shake loose... the guy at the mill told me to 'TURN THAT SHI* OFF'... lol and he had a guy use the Martin vibrator on my trailer... Needless to say.. it started coming out like it was raining bran... go to the website and view the demo... This is the ONLY vibrator that I feel ANYBODY ever needs.. If I wouldn't have seen it in action then I would be skeptical too. but.... IT WORKS!!!!! PERIOD!!!!
Replied on Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 01:27 PM CST
Originally Posted by: SHEDRICK FIELDS
Quote: "Well, I can tell you this... and if you don't like it then I'll pay for it... There is a vibrator from Martin Systems @ www.shake-it.com. that I've seen in action and used, that is unbelievable in getting the load off. The only draw back is that the thing is $1500.00 but I haven't seen a load of BRAN...DDG.. or anything that this portable vibrator couldn't shake loose... without any beating on the trailer or any additional work.. It works off your trucks air supply and has a suction cup system that allows you to move it anywhere on the hopper... IT WORKS!!!! is all I can say if you can get past the price tag... My trailer is equipped with a vibrator on both hoppers and I had a load of bran that just would not shake loose... the guy at the mill told me to 'TURN THAT SHI* OFF'... lol and he had a guy use the Martin vibrator on my trailer... Needless to say.. it started coming out like it was raining bran... go to the website and view the demo... This is the ONLY vibrator that I feel ANYBODY ever needs.. If I wouldn't have seen it in action then I would be skeptical too. but.... IT WORKS!!!!! PERIOD!!!!"

Thanks for letting us know that, I was wondering how well those worked myself. That would be worth the money, plus you could eliminate the knock rails and the other vibratos as well. When the market picks back up I think I will get one and give it a try, if it last as long as my current vibrators then I will eliminate the knok rails and vibrators from the next trailer i order.
Replied on Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 06:51 PM CST
You won't need to order knock rails on vibrators on your trailer... TRUST ME!! .. I personally don't think a trailer manufacturer could put a vibrator this good on the trailer.. I've got factory vibrators on my 2015 Wilson and they work good but I notice that most of the vibration is lost through the mounting bracket... With the Martin vibrator it suctions directly to the body so no force is lost.. Shucks.. you can feel the vibration throughout the entire trailer.. It's causing a resonation through the entire trailer... simply from being directly attached... I'll eventually get one... I'm just trying to figure out why in the heck they had to be so pricey...


Replied on Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 07:57 PM CST
Originally Posted by: SHEDRICK FIELDS
Quote: "You won't need to order knock rails on vibrators on your trailer... TRUST ME!! .. I personally don't think a trailer manufacturer could put a vibrator this good on the trailer.. I've got factory vibrators on my 2015 Wilson and they work good but I notice that most of the vibration is lost through the mounting bracket... With the Martin vibrator it suctions directly to the body so no force is lost.. Shucks.. you can feel the vibration throughout the entire trailer.. It's causing a resonation through the entire trailer... simply from being directly attached... I'll eventually get one... I'm just trying to figure out why in the heck they had to be so pricey... "

I noticed the same thing on our Timpte. While it is better than nothing I believe you are right about applying the unit directly to the bin itself or whereever it is needed vs just in one or two fixed locations. Once again thanks for your on hand report.
Replied on Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 08:48 PM CST
Is this the vibrator that has about a 2"x4" suction cup? Does it leave "ring" shadows on the outside of the slopes where it is attached? I have seen some trailers that have this type of ring from where suction vibrators have been used. If so, do the rings wash away? I would be interested in these as well, as we are getting into hauling more DDG. But for as little as we do, I don't want the rings or impression marks left on the hoppers (more of a visual preferences than a practicallity question).
Replied on Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 06:37 PM CST
Originally Posted by: TANNER CASE
Quote: "Is this the vibrator that has about a 2"x4" suction cup? Does it leave "ring" shadows on the outside of the slopes where it is attached? I have seen some trailers that have this type of ring from where suction vibrators have been used. If so, do the rings wash away? I would be interested in these as well, as we are getting into hauling more DDG. But for as little as we do, I don't want the rings or impression marks left on the hoppers (more of a visual preferences than a practicallity question)."

I dont own one(wish i did!) some of the places ive unloaded ddg's at have them on standbye, they are worth it, they do leave the black rings, no they do not wash off that easy. I like my trailer to look nice also and TRY to keep it washed and shiny, but it is worth the rings on how well they get out the ddg's. I mounted some clevelands directly onto the knock rails and believe they are better than a maul, I will have a martin next year for sure.
Replied on Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 08:55 AM CST
Those suction cup vibrators dont work that well from what ive seen. Get a couple brackets and bolt them on permanent. Prolly be around $600 to get 2 vibrators and brackets.oiler from harbor freight is under $10. Don't need the expensive crap they try to sell
Replied on Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 09:01 AM CST
Originally Posted by: ALFRED JORDAN
Quote: "Thanks for letting us know that, I was wondering how well those worked myself. That would be worth the money, plus you could eliminate the knock rails and the other vibratos as well. When the market picks back up I think I will get one and give it a try, if it last as long as my current vibrators then I will eliminate the knok rails and vibrators from the next trailer i order."

Dont think that getting a trailer with no knock rails is a good idea. I've seen those vibrators in action too and I've also seen guys beating the hell out of their trailers and trying to yank the kingpin off shaking it when it wouldn't fall with one of those stuck to the side.
Replied on Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 09:43 AM CST
We just ordered some of the Martins and our guys have been very happy with them so far. They are pricey, but we pay by our drivers by the hour. As long as they last there will be a return.
Replied on Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:19 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DEAN STEINEL
Quote: "Dont think that getting a trailer with no knock rails is a good idea. I've seen those vibrators in action too and I've also seen guys beating the hell out of their trailers and trying to yank the kingpin off shaking it when it wouldn't fall with one of those stuck to the side."

Think what I will do is get one and try it out along with a trailer that already has the rails and vibrator. If we have any problems I will let you all know, but right now I will be riding out the market until it comes back. It would be a waste of money with hopper rates the way they are currently. Not much better in the dry van world but at least wise we are only hauling 10K - 25K on the average, and are not sitting between loads.