Home > Forum > Are 24.5 Tires A Relic Of The Past

Are 24.5 tires a relic of the past

Jun 07, 2022 at 01:55 AM CST
+ 2 - 1
My tire guy says 24.5 rubber is dealer than me. A relic that the bigger tire manufacturers will no longer support. Its a huge cost for me to research my trks for lo pro 22.5 tires. I won run unreliable offshore garbage. Art Pfluger
Replied on Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 10:01 AM CST

It is getting more troublesome. I had Snider tire tell me that tall 24.5 were dinosaurs and laughed when I asked for them. I have had multiple tire shops tell me it would be smart to move to low pro 22.5

Replied on Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 09:17 PM CST

5 of our 7 trailers run tall 24.5

2 of our 7 trucks run tall 24.5

Haven't had anymore trouble sourcing tires than our tall 22.5 stuff, we don't run import tires either. Normally General, but they have been harder to come by and are running some Yokohoma's at the moment. Have 1 truck on lo pro 24.5, that seems more difficult than anything for us.

Replied on Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 08:54 AM CST

I've got two trucks with tall 22.5 and two trucks with short 24.5, three trailers with short 24.5 and one with 17.5. If only low pro 22.5 is supported I'm screwed. A local tire place only had 3 short 24.5 of a particular brand a while back. We found another place along the route the driver was taking and they were cheaper there anyway, so he went there. That's the only time we've had trouble finding tires in any size.

Replied on Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 10:02 AM CST
+ 1
I just redid gear sections in my w900ls. Now the money is wasted,$10,000 plus downtime and labor. I need to regear for lo pro 22.5. When you factor in my age and health problems it's getting hard to proceed. Feel like it's my time to die. You risk letting people see who you are on this forum. Info just used against you. Recently accused of being anti Vietnam military personal. I was appalled. Seems all I do at this point is get in the way and have to apologize for who i am. My mistake is not reading the your obsolete letter. I digress, sorry. But things are changing at a faster pace than is easy for some of us. Good luck. Prayers to those tougher than I Art Pfluger
Replied on Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 10:03 AM CST

Not that they're the cheapest but try Simpletire.com. Have them shipped and put on.

Replied on Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 12:44 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "I just redid gear sections in my w900ls. Now the money is wasted,$10,000 plus downtime and labor. I need to regear for lo pro 22.5. When you factor in my age and health problems it's getting hard to proceed. Feel like it's my time to die. You risk letting people see who you are on this forum. Info just used against you. Recently accused of being anti Vietnam military personal. I was appalled. Seems all I do at this point is get in the way and have to apologize for who i am. My mistake is not reading the your obsolete letter. I digress, sorry. But things are changing at a faster pace than is easy for some of us. Good luck. Prayers to those tougher than I Art Pfluger"

Hey Art. Why don't you point out where YOU were accused of being anti Vietnam veteran? You better reread that post before you claim victim status on words that were MOST DEFINITELY NEVER SAID. I responded to your claim About millennials being lazy by pointing out that boomers aren't perfect either. I distinctly made no personal claim about YOU. If you want to discuss it, my cell phone number is 605 467 0732. I don't expect you to call and discuss it though. I made it very clear in that post that I thought highly of you, I also made a comparison of your generation to mine. I hope you respond to this post by copying and pasting my post claiming you are anti Vietnam veteran here to prove me wrong, or call me to talk about it. If you took that statement I made about your generation spitting on veterans personally, then I'd say you started your day SEARCHING for something to be outraged about, or you completely misread the words I typed.