Home > Forum > Brokers Posting Loads And Not Responding Back

Brokers posting loads and not responding back

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM CST
+ 20 - 5
Speaking for myself I see loads that come across the board and I respond as soon as it hits with no response back from the agent that posted the load..Is it me or do they hold out to sell to another carrier cheaper in stead of responding to your asking for a higher rate, then hours later coming back with it’s sold. I thought this was first come first serve and if rate wasn’t negotiable they moved on to next carrier asking about the load..It gets really frustrating. Anyone having the same issue?
Replied on Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:09 AM CST
+ 2 - 1

i get ghosted all the time by the brokers, shipper always get back to me even if the load moved, they are obviously more into establishing relationships t the lane not just the load like brokers do.

Replied on Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:19 AM CST
+ 2 - 1

I know lots of people think brokers just take a certain percentage (15-25%) off the rate and call it a day but most of them don't. Instead what they do is get it moved for as low as they possibly can from the carrier and get the customer to pay as high as they can. That could be as much 50-60 percent off the customer rate. I've seen it before with my own eyes.

So what they do is post these BS loads as fishing expeditions to get a feel for the current lane rate. They can get a good feel for how low they can get the load moved for by how much the phone rings. Post as low as possible to get as much rings as possible. If the phone is quiet they know the rate is too low so they'll have to raise it up. After that, it's all about getting a carrier as low as they can go with zero accessorials agreed to.

Replied on Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:50 AM CST
+ 2
I appreciate the responses, I thought I was imagining it was only me :))
Replied on Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:10 PM CST
+ 1

From what I notice on the boards (not just bulkloads but DAT and ITS as well) the double posting is getting more and more common. The shipper or broker posts the original load and several brokers post the exact same load trying to squeeze a markup in between the carrier and the shipper. Not saying it happens on here as much as the other boards but it can be aggrevating nonetheless.

This could be part of that problem you are seeing as well with those kind of brokers not responding to the carrier's call on the load.

Replied on Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 02:24 PM CST
+ 1
I know when I post a load the rate is the same no matter who hauls it,I do try to respond to everybody who replies,I do not allow my loads to be double brokerd,so when the TQL'S and other brokers respond I sometimes put them off.but I feel your pain on the lack of response because from time to time I need to find a load for a truck in an odd spot and get the no reply thing,but that may have to do with my feelings about brokers,and not being shy about letting them be known on here.
Replied on Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 08:50 PM CST
+ 1

Happens to me all the time. It's getting old. Ander**** is terrible about it. I've also seen lately that a broker will have a load going somewhere and I usually ask them if they have a load out of that area. They say yeah I got one. So you take the load and get there just for broker to say yeah sorry it got cancelled. Now you're screwed. But that's also my fault for not getting the rate con for the reload before taking the forwarding load. I've really limited who I work with which in return limits my options. Good luck everyone.

Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 07:04 AM CST
Originally Posted by: COREY STRODTMAN
Quote: "Happens to me all the time. It's getting old. Ander**** is terrible about it. I've also seen lately that a broker will have a load going somewhere and I usually ask them if they have a load out of that area. They say yeah I got one. So you take the load and get there just for broker to say yeah sorry it got cancelled. Now you're screwed. But that's also my fault for not getting the rate con for the reload before taking the forwarding load. I've really limited who I work with which in return limits my options. Good luck everyone. "

Make sure you get a TONU on that return load rate con too. Without it, they can still cancel on you and leave you stranded.

Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 07:04 AM CST
The subject has come up before on here, I believe if you see that going on you can flag them.
Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 07:04 AM CST
+ 1

The more I see people bitching about brokers on here the more I laugh. Good idea to ask a broker for a reload out the same area you are going to so they can hose you on that 1 too. I wonder how many of y'all practice what you preach, cause my trucks been parked for a while. I may eventually go broke, at least I did it with pride and dignity. More and more I see people buying them selves a job out here by buying a truck. This is in everything. Bulk, open deck, specialized. It's truly sad. Plain and simple brokers offer low rates cause guys haul it, for every 1 guy like myself there's literally 100 or more living on a shoe string budget with no pride or dignity at all.

Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 08:41 AM CST
+ 1
I'm not sure if this applies to everyone's email but on mine if you send me a email thru BULK LOADS it automatically goes into the JUNK file and I don't see it unless I go to it to look for an email. I've attempted to fix it but to no avail.

So if you haven't heard from someone might be good to email direct from your email. Or in my case you can text, email or call!

Have a great day!

Marlene Doar
Rocky Wells Agri-Services
803-429-8428


Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 08:49 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: PATRICK MORAN
Quote: "The more I see people bitching about brokers on here the more I laugh. Good idea to ask a broker for a reload out the same area you are going to so they can hose you on that 1 too. I wonder how many of y'all practice what you preach, cause my trucks been parked for a while. I may eventually go broke, at least I did it with pride and dignity. More and more I see people buying them selves a job out here by buying a truck. This is in everything. Bulk, open deck, specialized. It's truly sad. Plain and simple brokers offer low rates cause guys haul it, for every 1 guy like myself there's literally 100 or more living on a shoe string budget with no pride or dignity at all. "

Testify!! You are absolutely right. I will stay parked rather than run for nothing. Complaining in a public forum does not qualify as "taking a stand." I've laughed at some brokers right before hanging up on them. The freight keeps moving though. As long as the market will bare it, this stuff will continue

Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 03:42 PM CST
+ 3
Originally Posted by: DAVID KROUSE
Quote: "I know lots of people think brokers just take a certain percentage (15-25%) off the rate and call it a day but most of them don't. Instead what they do is get it moved for as low as they possibly can from the carrier and get the customer to pay as high as they can. That could be as much 50-60 percent off the customer rate. I've seen it before with my own eyes. So what they do is post these BS loads as fishing expeditions to get a feel for the current lane rate. They can get a good feel for how low they can get the load moved for by how much the phone rings. Post as low as possible to get as much rings as possible. If the phone is quiet they know the rate is too low so they'll have to raise it up. After that, it's all about getting a carrier as low as they can go with zero accessorials agreed to. "

Once again!! Lumping all brokers together, I promise you david if I took as much off each laod as you claim we all do I would have built my cabin in Southeast Alaska and retired years ago. Are ther brokers doing this? VERY LIKELY!!, is it wrong, disgusting?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!. Yes, I'm a broker but also run trucks so I know where you're coming from with the complaints. I see the same BS day in & day out on these loadboards just like the rest of you do and it sickens me as well. thankfully a loyal customer base keeps most of my trucks rolling and dont have to resort to the loadboards to often, but, when I do I've been very lucky to find loads posted by companies I've used before & trust. I wont name them here because I've seen the tongue lashings people get for defending a broker. If you only take one point from this post please let it be this, My chosen profession is honest work and I am an honest broker, not all brokers are out there to screw you for a buck.
Replied on Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 07:02 PM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: JIM NOLTE
Quote: "Once again!! Lumping all brokers together, I promise you david if I took as much off each laod as you claim we all do I would have built my cabin in Southeast Alaska and retired years ago. Are ther brokers doing this? VERY LIKELY!!, is it wrong, disgusting?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!. Yes, I'm a broker but also run trucks so I know where you're coming from with the complaints. I see the same BS day in & day out on these loadboards just like the rest of you do and it sickens me as well. thankfully a loyal customer base keeps most of my trucks rolling and dont have to resort to the loadboards to often, but, when I do I've been very lucky to find loads posted by companies I've used before & trust. I wont name them here because I've seen the tongue lashings people get for defending a broker. If you only take one point from this post please let it be this, My chosen profession is honest work and I am an honest broker, not all brokers are out there to screw you for a buck."

Well, I'm glad to hear/read that Jim. It seems you're getting defensive and reading into my writing as if were calling you out by name. I'm not. I don't even know you. I mentioned no names nor did I say ALL brokers. I've even gone so far as to creating an apology post to the ones that do not fall into the above mentioned category. I know there are decent ones out there. I've worked with a few over the years. The problem it seems is they are horrendously drowned in a sea of scum. It's horrible!

Replied on Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 08:04 AM CST

Another example from this morning. A single 80 mile run broker wants to pay $225. I get a load list daily from the same customer and they want to get it moved for $325. So the broker is trying to take THIRTY PERCENT of a rate that already way too low. It's these parasitic antics that give brokers a bad name.

Replied on Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 02:20 PM CST

I'm new to the board. I want to know is this a thing you have to deal with often?

Replied on Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 02:33 PM CST
Originally Posted by: MARLENE DOAR
Quote: "I'm not sure if this applies to everyone's email but on mine if you send me a email thru BULK LOADS it automatically goes into the JUNK file and I don't see it unless I go to it to look for an email. I've attempted to fix it but to no avail. So if you haven't heard from someone might be good to email direct from your email. Or in my case you can text, email or call! Have a great day! Marlene Doar Rocky Wells Agri-Services 803-429-8428 "

I can attest to the fact that Marlene will get back to you ASAP.
Replied on Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 01:31 PM CST
+ 1

This happens all the time on this site

call on a load and no call back at all. Call later and it is covered

lots of double brokering on here

Replied on Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 09:15 PM CST
+ 1

I am a freight broker and our agency is partnered with Logistic Dynamics. I vett the drivers that call in on my loads by checking the status in our system. If a carrier/driver has hauled 10 loads and fell off 5 loads, then I'm not putting them on one of my loads.

I don't look for the cheapest carrier, I look for the best driver for the load.

Replied on Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 11:38 PM CST
I understand why we can't call brokers out in this forum, but i wish it could be done.
The phrase i get told is that they are "co brokering " the load. Still works out to 2 or more hands in the pot before it gets to me. Funny this broker takes way more than most to start with, but hey this boy is gods gift to walking floors.

Art Pfluger