Home > Forum > Eaton Reman

eaton reman

Jun 02, 2017 at 09:46 PM CST
Has anyone had experiance with these? I have a neighbor who is currently not happy with his, so i am curious what kind of experiance others have had with these? His was a RTLO1819B.
Replied on Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 07:46 AM CST
i've got one in my ws glider,it's got 865k on it now. no problems.
Replied on Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 09:02 PM CST
Just installed Eaton reman in 2013 Pete, the original transmission still had four days of warranty left and eaton would not warranty because it still worked. Bearing out, getting hot and pumping oil out the breather, had dealer install rebuilt trans and new clutch and this transmission makes so much noise at idle it truly makes you sick to listen to it. I was told that a lot of them rattle like this after rebuilt. Shifts terrable, then eaton sends me conformation that this carries a three year warranty. WHOOPIE DO!!! Hell they would not warrant the original one. NO MORE EATONS?? What the hell do you do???
Buy me a dam Freightliner so I can have something different??






Replied on Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 12:32 AM CST
Mr.Winters isn't at all specific about the complaints. Hard to be of any help with out some more information. I have no affiliation with Eaton but if you think the metric crap is better you go for it. My next question is there an Eaton District rep involved and I mean in a direct way outside the dealership? Don't like results ho over his head. I have had good luck but I'm here. More info might help.
At this point I understand your frustrations. I do. Attacking it with knowledge is your only hope.

Art Pfluger
Replied on Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 09:27 AM CST
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Mr.Winters isn't at all specific about the complaints. Hard to be of any help with out some more information. I have no affiliation with Eaton but if you think the metric crap is better you go for it. My next question is there an Eaton District rep involved and I mean in a direct way outside the dealership? Don't like results ho over his head. I have had good luck but I'm here. More info might help. At this point I understand your frustrations. I do. Attacking it with knowledge is your only hope. Art Pfluger"

Art to be specific, I am not asking for advice on how to solve a problem here, I am asking folks if they have had a positive or negative experience with these transmissions.
Replied on Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 08:53 PM CST
Originally Posted by: FRED WESTLAKE
Quote: "Just installed Eaton reman in 2013 Pete, the original transmission still had four days of warranty left and eaton would not warranty because it still worked. Bearing out, getting hot and pumping oil out the breather, had dealer install rebuilt trans and new clutch and this transmission makes so much noise at idle it truly makes you sick to listen to it. I was told that a lot of them rattle like this after rebuilt. Shifts terrable, then eaton sends me conformation that this carries a three year warranty. WHOOPIE DO!!! Hell they would not warrant the original one. NO MORE EATONS?? What the hell do you do??? Buy me a dam Freightliner so I can have something different?? "

My neighbors only lasted one week, and now the factory won't stand behind it. They said he over reved it, and they could tell because the metal inside turned colors. When he offered to have cat down load the ECM and print out a report to prove that he never did that, they got real pissy with him, and told him that if he wanted to spend $500.00 that they would send the metal off to a lab for analysis.
Replied on Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 09:40 PM CST
Obviously you or your friend aren't being treated fairly. Hopefully you can find someone local to assist you. That said, I still think that the other transmission choices are worse.

Art Pfluger
Replied on Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 10:37 PM CST
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Obviously you or your friend aren't being treated fairly. Hopefully you can find someone local to assist you. That said, I still think that the other transmission choices are worse. Art Pfluger"

I learned along time ago not to waste my money on reman drive line components. So many people around here have had bad luck, with the "After market rebuilders" that our more reputable shops will refuse to install them. When I heard that eaton started a reman program I thought perhaps we finally had a decent option in the world of reman, but the feed back on this so far hasn't been good.
Replied on Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 06:52 AM CST
I have buddy just bought eaton reman 10 speed month ago
it whined and rattledthe stick loud for about a week.
Then all noises went away.
he asked rep about it several times they tell him it's normal. I hope it lasts he is worried about it.


Replied on Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 03:15 PM CST
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Obviously you or your friend aren't being treated fairly. Hopefully you can find someone local to assist you. That said, I still think that the other transmission choices are worse. Art Pfluger"

Eaton called my neighbor this afternoon, and now decided to stand behind it.