Home > Forum > Has Anyone Heard Of Someone Asking You For Your List Of People You Have Been In Contact With...

Has anyone heard of someone asking you for your list of people you have been in contact with...

Jun 02, 2020 at 11:42 AM CST
+ 7
What is this about, has anyone experienced that..
Replied on Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 01:39 PM CST

called contact tracing ... supposedly for COVID 19.

Many states have hired people specifically to do this -- and/or "requiring" businesses to do the same.

Replied on Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 02:45 PM CST
Would it work to not be available when they ask for a list? Or would i get quarantined for 2 weeks at the state penitentiary?
Replied on Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 03:28 PM CST
Quote: "Would it work to not be available when they ask for a list? Or would i get quarantined for 2 weeks at the state penitentiary?"

I was told elevators and grain places are asking for the contact information.. i am not even sure what it is exactly, and afraid if I take a load to kc. That they wont unload me..
Replied on Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 08:19 AM CST
+ 1
Quote: "I was told elevators and grain places are asking for the contact information.. i am not even sure what it is exactly, and afraid if I take a load to kc. That they wont unload me.."

So your doomed either way. If you have no list then they wont unload and if you have a list they need to do a background search and if someone is positive on that list your toast again Right ? Its time someone in charge of all this tests positive for having brains.
Replied on Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 08:55 AM CST

As previously stated is called contact tracing. It's used if you test positive. They ask you for a list of people you've been in contact with. If someone tested positive they have have given your name. I haven't heard of businesses asking for or requiring it and I'm in NY. The most anyone here is doing is requiring a check of your temperature for a fever and asking about coughing etc.

Replied on Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 10:25 AM CST
+ 2
Quote: "called contact tracing ... supposedly for COVID 19. Many states have hired people specifically to do this -- and/or "requiring" businesses to do the same. "

So we're supposed to ask the waitresses and truck stop clerks their full names now, this shit is absurd. I've been asked if I've been in contact with someone who has traveled to Italy, China, New York, Louisiana or Michigan in the last two weeks. How the hell do I know where another driver has been in the last two weeks......
Replied on Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 09:45 AM CST
- 1
Does anything make sense anymore? Most shopping malls are closed, and oil companies are filing bankruptcy because Americans are not driving to work burning fuel, mortgage foreclosures spiked dramatically last month, grain cars are clogging up every spur line, the country has erupted in protest’s, yet the stock market is booming? Does anyone believe this is real?
Replied on Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 02:00 PM CST
+ 3
Quote: "Does anything make sense anymore? Most shopping malls are closed, and oil companies are filing bankruptcy because Americans are not driving to work burning fuel, mortgage foreclosures spiked dramatically last month, grain cars are clogging up every spur line, the country has erupted in protest’s, yet the stock market is booming? Does anyone believe this is real?"

It is amazing that at my sister's funeral in early May, we were not allowed more than 10 people in the church at one time because of the covid crap. We have a very big family and the church would have been packed with family and friend had it not been for rules! Fast forward less than one month and now, today we see mobs of people rioting, looting and as I type, hundred to thousands of people at a funeral for George Floyd. Does something smell bad to anyone else? Why did the covid talk take a back burner when the riots started? Is Covid season over? Is it now riot/looting season?

Can you say election year?

Just my 2 cents.

Keith
ET Trucking.
Replied on Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 04:09 PM CST
Quote: "It is amazing that at my sister's funeral in early May, we were not allowed more than 10 people in the church at one time because of the covid crap. We have a very big family and the church would have been packed with family and friend had it not been for rules! Fast forward less than one month and now, today we see mobs of people rioting, looting and as I type, hundred to thousands of people at a funeral for George Floyd. Does something smell bad to anyone else? Why did the covid talk take a back burner when the riots started? Is Covid season over? Is it now riot/looting season? Can you say election year? Just my 2 cents. Keith ET Trucking."

I'm sorry to hear about your sister Kieth.

With covid, I need to stick my foot in my mouth. I gave the experts the benefit of the doubt, now I know 2 people diagnosed with covid, both of which had negative tests. One of them had 3 negatives, yet its still labeled covid??That fallout is making freedom elimination justifiable. Im new to being conservative, and thought they'd put up more of a fight locally. The reservation checkpoints here on hwy 212 in SD, have been a gem. I've been stopped 20 times, during 5 trips driving accross the reservation. A couple of the people were confrontational pricks. Most were pleasant, but none the less, they ask everything. Where you live, phone number, where you're going, what you're doing there, ect ect ect. Highway patrol can't do anything . State elected officials cant/ won't do anything . I have an email response that literally says that its a tough situation due to the political fallout. Time to step up. on that subject , anybody going through those checkpoints in SD 212, with a loaded rig,The stops are at the bottoms of 2 significant hills, one is blind from both directions , the other is blind if you are east bound. you're gunna smell some brakes if you're not familiar with it.
Replied on Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 10:25 AM CST
Quote: "As previously stated is called contact tracing. It's used if you test positive. They ask you for a list of people you've been in contact with. If someone tested positive they have have given your name. I haven't heard of businesses asking for or requiring it and I'm in NY. The most anyone here is doing is requiring a check of your temperature for a fever and asking about coughing etc. "

up in canada so far all i have heard is the driver stays in the truck when being received, receivers come to them with the paperwork.

Replied on Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 10:26 AM CST
Quote: "It is amazing that at my sister's funeral in early May, we were not allowed more than 10 people in the church at one time because of the covid crap. We have a very big family and the church would have been packed with family and friend had it not been for rules! Fast forward less than one month and now, today we see mobs of people rioting, looting and as I type, hundred to thousands of people at a funeral for George Floyd. Does something smell bad to anyone else? Why did the covid talk take a back burner when the riots started? Is Covid season over? Is it now riot/looting season? Can you say election year? Just my 2 cents. Keith ET Trucking."

my condolences for your loss sir, i just wanted to share that i totally understand your frustration along with your grief. i want to point out that here in a whole province, new brunswick, had no cases at all for weeks and were due to reopen. then an actual physician entered the province UNTESTED and transmitted the virus back to the province. although now he is under investigation for his reckelss act, one person has now died from covid in the province and the whole re opening process is being reconsidered. that was one man. not protests, no funerals, one man. i know it is not much consollation to your circumstances i believe social distancing and testing will be the only resolution to stopping this virus from taking even more people needlessly. i only wish politics had anything to do with this virus but unfortunately it does not. it doesnt vote, spend money, and it sure as shit doesnt care about human life.

Replied on Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 12:44 PM CST
Quote: "my condolences for your loss sir, i just wanted to share that i totally understand your frustration along with your grief. i want to point out that here in a whole province, new brunswick, had no cases at all for weeks and were due to reopen. then an actual physician entered the province UNTESTED and transmitted the virus back to the province. although now he is under investigation for his reckelss act, one person has now died from covid in the province and the whole re opening process is being reconsidered. that was one man. not protests, no funerals, one man. i know it is not much consollation to your circumstances i believe social distancing and testing will be the only resolution to stopping this virus from taking even more people needlessly. i only wish politics had anything to do with this virus but unfortunately it does not. it doesnt vote, spend money, and it sure as shit doesnt care about human life."

Thanks for the condolences! Just for the record, my sister passed due to complications from dialysis.

I beg to differ with you on the politics side of this issue. Look at 2 states side by side, Mn and ND. Mn locked down, democratic governor who should be brought up on murder charges for allowing positive covid cases to be placed in long term care facilities! How stupid is that?! Covid is worst on the elderly so that's where we will introduce it! I belive that just over 1000 deaths in MN, 890 in long care facilities. Now look at ND. No lockdown, restaraunts and bars closed for a period of time to only take out. 66 deaths total. Yes there are more people in MN than ND but the the death rate is drastically less! Sd is lower yet. Common sense goes a long way in this game! To say politics plays no part of this equation, all you have to do is look at those in attendance yesterday at the memorial and the picture clears up really fast! No social distancing there!
Replied on Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 12:44 PM CST
Nancy, unfortunately in our country, covid does vote.

https://youtu.be/KWNFlJofjKA. This link explains it a little bit. 112 percent voter registration in L.A. county?

Also, covid doesn't spend money, but it makes a fair amount. Hard to know what information to believe, But I've heard 13k t o the hospital for a covid diagnosis ,30something k for someone put on a ventilator? Perhaps that is fake news as well, and if so, someone point it out please.

I hope I'm now viewed as lacking sympathy for loss of life. But this whole situation has been mighty strange .

Example . The reservation checkpoints here in sd. anyone whose driven a semi on that stretch knows you are unlikely to be stopping on the reservation . 95percent (guessing ) of cars also won't stop. but now they are coming in contact with100 percent of the travelers by stopping them? medically it seems backwards? but I'm not a doctor so maybe I'm missing something
Replied on Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 02:37 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "Nancy, unfortunately in our country, covid does vote. https://youtu.be/KWNFlJofjKA. This link explains it a little bit. 112 percent voter registration in L.A. county? Also, covid doesn't spend money, but it makes a fair amount. Hard to know what information to believe, But I've heard 13k t o the hospital for a covid diagnosis ,30something k for someone put on a ventilator? Perhaps that is fake news as well, and if so, someone point it out please. I hope I'm now viewed as lacking sympathy for loss of life. But this whole situation has been mighty strange . Example . The reservation checkpoints here in sd. anyone whose driven a semi on that stretch knows you are unlikely to be stopping on the reservation . 95percent (guessing ) of cars also won't stop. but now they are coming in contact with100 percent of the travelers by stopping them? medically it seems backwards? but I'm not a doctor so maybe I'm missing something "

You are correct on the numbers. 13,000 and 39,000. Tell me it does not pay, Most people sitting at home with unemployment are making as much or more than working! Even part time employees getting 600/week + the normal benefit. Like I said before, I have not missed a day of work, I am old and not looking for a hand out!
Replied on Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 06:08 AM CST
- 1
Quote: "It is amazing that at my sister's funeral in early May, we were not allowed more than 10 people in the church at one time because of the covid crap. We have a very big family and the church would have been packed with family and friend had it not been for rules! Fast forward less than one month and now, today we see mobs of people rioting, looting and as I type, hundred to thousands of people at a funeral for George Floyd. Does something smell bad to anyone else? Why did the covid talk take a back burner when the riots started? Is Covid season over? Is it now riot/looting season? Can you say election year? Just my 2 cents. Keith ET Trucking."

Sorry to hear about your loss Keith, doesn’t seem right that government denied your family the right to a Normal funeral. I still have to wonder how the stock market can be back above 27,000, considering the fact most of the economy is shut down, and government is paying everyone to stay home. Did the government just prove socialism works really well? The markets seem to be the Jury.