Home > Forum > Nolan Star

Nolan Star

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:54 AM CST
Is anybody else having trouble getting paid on these sand loads?
Replied on Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:35 AM CST
We have heard of some brokers that r being bad boys an not paying on any loads
Replied on Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 04:22 PM CST
How does a company this size not even answer the damn phone??
Replied on Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 06:09 PM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: CLYDE FEELY
Quote: "We have heard of some brokers that r being bad boys an not paying on any loads"

So you slap their hands and go after the bond.. or threaten them you are going after it..funny how calls get returned when you go after that pesky bond..
Replied on Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 06:27 AM CST
They are a new broker from like September and pay peanuts. That’s why no one is working for them. I’ve seen a sign at mill creek saying do not haul for Nolan..... just your typical fly by night company. They hit me up several months ago to haul for them but they paid 5-10 a ton less. So that tell you everything bout them. Just file on their bond but it’s under a different name than Nolan star trucking. I will look later and get you the info
Replied on Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 06:28 AM CST
They are a small company. Just a couple of people.
Replied on Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 08:23 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEFF PEARSON
Quote: "So you slap their hands and go after the bond.. or threaten them you are going after it..funny how calls get returned when you go after that pesky bond.."

Filing on their bond is a good idea, but if the load is ag related, or ag commodities, your filing will be turned down. The bond is not worth the paper it is printed on when it comes to the ag transportation sector. Look back at the fiasco when Peterson Trucking was bought out and refused to pay the bills. I can't tell you how many people got burned because the bond would not honor ag transportation.
Replied on Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 08:45 AM CST
+ 1
If filing on the bond is inefective then go after the shipper and receiver. There is nothing worse than jepordizing their customer. You'll have to be calm and polite with the customer to be effective, and be prepared to quickly email over POD and other supporting docs proving you hauled the load and for what rate. Any halfway respectable customer would be furious to know that suppliers aren't getting paid properly, especially after the work is well done and paid weeks ago. It appears that they are trying to get away with not paying you, if that is the case they have no incentive to until you force their hand. Start sending them invoices with updated interest as well, so when it comes time to collect you can go over and above.

My point here is imagine the call of your best customer going, "why am I getting these calls, I don't have time for this, isn't this why I hire you so I don't have to deal with this shit all day?" That is what an effective call to his would do. Stand up for yourself.
Replied on Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:38 AM CST
Their brokerage is under Nolan star logistics but they sign you up under Nolan star trucking so file under the logistics. Did you have a rejected load or any reason to not get paid ? I think they got hit with lots of rejected loads by rli and may be the end of Nolan .
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 08:48 AM CST
Who all hasn’t been paid from them?
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 09:00 AM CST
thats why they call em brokers...cause you deal with em you just get broker and broker and broker.......
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 01:20 PM CST
Originally Posted by: JASON WYNNE
Quote: "Their brokerage is under Nolan star logistics but they sign you up under Nolan star trucking so file under the logistics. Did you have a rejected load or any reason to not get paid ? I think they got hit with lots of rejected loads by rli and may be the end of Nolan ."

We had two loads we had to haul and dump on the ground in San Antonio. Let me be clear, I dont backhaul on sand loads. As much as I would like to, I dont do it based on the fact that I have seen too many loads rejected.

I've got a bunch of invoices to be paid. The owner wont answer anymore, I think my next call is to US Silica.



Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 04:14 PM CST
Did you get caught in the 36 hr bs between tickets and sand no longer than 36 hrs on the truck ? Or the wash ticket within 24 hrs of bol? Rli been pains bc of all these Kansas guys not washing when hauling commodities so we are stuck with the hassle. I heard the 36 hr is for all uss loads but rli is the only place I?ve had the hassle. No problems at wildcat locations. Do you have the Nolan star cell number of Robert Foran. 346-702-6952. I never worked for Nolan Star. The Robert guy always burned me phone up calling to get my trucks to work for them but their rates were crap and I?m happy who we haul for. Hope this helps! Not sure uss will do much but worth trying.
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 04:43 PM CST
Once we did on the washouts but a few well placed phone calls took care of that.
We had to deal with the damn corn trucks getting it shut down. My trucks were loaded and headed South when NS got shut off. We had 24 hours worth of detention on that but I doubt we ever get it.

I talked to Robert the other day. He said he wasn’t there anymore but would try to help. No replies since.

Ive had some dealings with USS in the past. I’ve got some pretty good numbers to try.

Thanks for your help!!
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 09:23 PM CST
I'd be looking for a lawyer. A lot of the time when a lawyer gets involved a check shows up soon thereafter.
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM CST
if you know us silica is the shipper on this stuff then why the hell are you guys working for brokers in the first place ? if john doe can get on thier vendors list and haul this shit then so can you. but either way its a shame that all these people have dragged oilfield freight down to ag commodity rates.... i had an offer a couple days ago to haul i want at 1.98 per mile...... this is oilfield thats almost an insult , this stuff should be paying 2.25 to 2.50 minimum with detention..... everything else oilfield does...well did til brokers got thier meat beaters in the pot.
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:41 PM CST
Originally Posted by: KEVIN SINGLETARY
Quote: "if you know us silica is the shipper on this stuff then why the hell are you guys working for brokers in the first place ? if john doe can get on thier vendors list and haul this shit then so can you. but either way its a shame that all these people have dragged oilfield freight down to ag commodity rates.... i had an offer a couple days ago to haul i want at 1.98 per mile...... this is oilfield thats almost an insult , this stuff should be paying 2.25 to 2.50 minimum with detention..... everything else oilfield does...well did til brokers got thier meat beaters in the pot."

The main reason I don’t Kevin is because I have a carrier agreement with another guy that keeps me from doing that
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:45 PM CST
takes a foolish man to sign a non compete
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:52 PM CST
Yeah. It takes an honest man to honor it. It’s included in every single carrier packet out there. I know in the course of your many years in this business, you have signed one or two yourself. Either that or you are the only guy that’s never used a broker.

Goodnight
Replied on Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:59 PM CST
- 1
I have used brokers years ago , but would never sign a non compete , if they had one we just did'nt do business , years ago the ag brokers in texas did'nt even have packets they just made you send em a copy of ins. and a tax number.... the way i look at it , its a competitive world out here and i'll be damned if i will let someone else dictate where i do business and with who , its just as easy for me to go to the shipper as it is for them ,
Replied on Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 07:55 AM CST
Anyone had any success? I've filed on their bond and the insurance company answers the phone about like Robert and Jessica.

To this day neither one will answer a phone call or text....................



Replied on Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 10:25 PM CST
What do you mean with that?? You are saying that their bond is take too?? He blocks all the ones that he owes, so i guess he doesnt care anymore.. Jessica is his wife and he still working with his trks...
Replied on Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 10:18 PM CST
Still not pay, shipper said he paid him already, but Rober Foran his name and Jessica Jimenez his wife, planned this very well.. I hope we can get garnishment on his companies where they are working..
Replied on Thu, Apr 05, 2018 at 02:45 PM CST
has anyone actually filed on the companies bond? seems like a lot of whining and bitching but no one is following up.
Replied on Thu, Apr 05, 2018 at 03:10 PM CST
+ 1 - 1
Yes I have filed on their bond. Filing on their bond isnt a magic wand. We are going back and forth on that now.

The problem I have with all of this is my trucks were not rejected until the PO was pulled. They still weren't contaminated because we dont normally backhaul sand. I had also invoiced 9 loads BEFORE the PO was pulled. They may be able to blame some folks for the rejected sand but I'm not one of them. They had some trucks with contaminated loads because the lazy fuckers wont clean out the corn and shit before they go load sand.
Replied on Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 05:00 PM CST
Has anyone been paid??

If not, contact me..... 2102756731
Replied on Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 09:28 AM CST
nolan star has a ad in craiglist for Victoria.Tx. You have to read it to believe it! A 25 dollar a ton from Houston,TX to Victoria,TX, then a backhaul from Columbus TX to Houston tx for ten dollars a ton! Happy Hunting.
Replied on Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 09:33 AM CST
Yup, some idiots will still haul for them...iven though they owe money to carriers
Replied on Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 09:55 AM CST
Their Brokerage bond has been pulled and they have no brokerage authority. All you have to do is look it up on Safer. I guess that really doesnt matter tho. There are a lot of folks "Dispatching" with no authority.

I wonder how they answer the phone to dispatch trucks. They wont answer any number I have called them from.
Replied on Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM CST
i just got this email haha HOUSTON, TX TO SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS HAULING WET SAND $22.00 PER TON CLEAR TO YOU  BACKHAUL FROM SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS TO HOUSTON HAULING 1 INCH LIMESTONE $13.25 PER TON CLEAR TO YOU  WE HOLD BACK ONE WEEK SO NO NEED IN PAYING FACTORING FEES  WE OFFER FUEL CARDS  NO LONG LINES LOADING OR UNLOADING  LOADING PLANT IS FROM 4AM TO 4PM MONDAY THRU SATURDAY, UNLOADING IS OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK  RATES ARE CLEAR TO YOU, WE DON?T DEDUCT ANYTHING FROM THEM.   Nolan Star Trucking, LLC Robert Foran, Texas Regional Manager 711 South 11th Street, Suite 100 Richmond, Texas 77469 Office: (832)-945-1101 Cell: ((346)-702-6951
Replied on Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:10 AM CST
Originally Posted by: SERGIO HERNANDEZ
Quote: "i just got this email haha HOUSTON, TX TO SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS HAULING WET SAND $22.00 PER TON CLEAR TO YOU  BACKHAUL FROM SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS TO HOUSTON HAULING 1 INCH LIMESTONE $13.25 PER TON CLEAR TO YOU  WE HOLD BACK ONE WEEK SO NO NEED IN PAYING FACTORING FEES  WE OFFER FUEL CARDS  NO LONG LINES LOADING OR UNLOADING  LOADING PLANT IS FROM 4AM TO 4PM MONDAY THRU SATURDAY, UNLOADING IS OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK  RATES ARE CLEAR TO YOU, WE DON?T DEDUCT ANYTHING FROM THEM.   Nolan Star Trucking, LLC Robert Foran, Texas Regional Manager 711 South 11th Street, Suite 100 Richmond, Texas 77469 Office: (832)-945-1101 Cell: ((346)-702-6951"

Thanks for this!!