Home > Forum > Rates Going Lower?

rates going lower?

Mar 02, 2017 at 08:01 PM CST
- 2
I have been quoted in the last two days rates of less than 1.50 per loaded mile. Is it just me or are rates getting even cheaper? Had the truck parked for about half the winter. might just keep it that way for a while.
Replied on Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 03:22 AM CST
Most of the hopper rates in ND IS AROUND 1.80 one way. It is getting worse because of idiots taking those loads
i think a good broker would line up backhaul for the same rate. The brokers only care about the delivery of their product you are on your own once you get dumped

in Nd there is very little fertilizer moving most destinations are full. And commodities are slow now
there are 40%of the farmers in MC -nw n Dakota can't get operating money. There are 267 sales all farm in Nd this spring. Most of that land should have been left in front. Igood luck and be safe out there
Replied on Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 09:51 AM CST
You have hit the nail on the head! Farmers hauling their own product, hauling products they shouldn't be moving, brokers who have no clue what it takes to run a truck down the road and jsut a poor time of year! All winter long the fertilizer companies have been going cheaper and cheaper and unless carriers say no it just going to get worse!
Replied on Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 01:55 PM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: ED MCCONNELL
Quote: "You have hit the nail on the head! Farmers hauling their own product, hauling products they shouldn't be moving, brokers who have no clue what it takes to run a truck down the road and jsut a poor time of year! All winter long the fertilizer companies have been going cheaper and cheaper and unless carriers say no it just going to get worse!"

Had a fella down our way hauling with farm plates from a local elevator five miles down the road the Dot had him pulled over!
Replied on Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 02:19 PM CST
+ 1
The millenials will save us. They seem to be the first generation smart enough to walk away from the table.
Replied on Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 04:45 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "The millenials will save us. They seem to be the first generation smart enough to walk away from the table. "

Or they will kill us! Seems they are not real good at math!
Replied on Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 07:51 PM CST
Originally Posted by: GLENN SELLHORST
Quote: "Had a fella down our way hauling with farm plates from a local elevator five miles down the road the Dot had him pulled over!"

We see it all the time. "I haul grain I will haul it out". Whenever a farmer hauls and to a mill we just tell them that we will request an IRS audit for the elevator just to make sure he isn't on the payroll. Never see them again. There are shady brokers in ND. That get loads off here and get a cut then have their group haul for 1.60-1.70 a mile then bounce 100 miles for the next load. Mostly fertilizer and get 25 a ton to run 400 miles
i don't think they know what a pencil is for.
These are the kind of people who run the tires made in China. Or they run the synthetic oil for 1000 miles or think it is cheaper to put steer tires on instead of king pins and alignment Or put one new drive tire when 4 should be put on

the rates must be good enough because they have extra money to add lots of lights Or they add boxes and brag about 700 hp. Speed limit is the same for them as me. If you take the skin off the parts underneath are the same
Replied on Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 07:34 AM CST
Originally Posted by: ED MCCONNELL
Quote: "Or they will kill us! Seems they are not real good at math!"

They seem to be better at math than we are, because they are not becoming truckers, instead they are finding jobs where you can feed a family on a 40 hour work week.
Replied on Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 09:10 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "They seem to be better at math than we are, because they are not becoming truckers, instead they are finding jobs where you can feed a family on a 40 hour work week."

It's just business.
Replied on Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 05:40 PM CST
Originally Posted by: GREG BOMMELMAN
Quote: "We see it all the time. "I haul grain I will haul it out". Whenever a farmer hauls and to a mill we just tell them that we will request an IRS audit for the elevator just to make sure he isn't on the payroll. Never see them again. There are shady brokers in ND. That get loads off here and get a cut then have their group haul for 1.60-1.70 a mile then bounce 100 miles for the next load. Mostly fertilizer and get 25 a ton to run 400 miles i don't think they know what a pencil is for. These are the kind of people who run the tires made in China. Or they run the synthetic oil for 1000 miles or think it is cheaper to put steer tires on instead of king pins and alignment Or put one new drive tire when 4 should be put on the rates must be good enough because they have extra money to add lots of lights Or they add boxes and brag about 700 hp. Speed limit is the same for them as me. If you take the skin off the parts underneath are the same "

You have just described the stearns county show truck society. A natural evolution of stearns county syndrome.
Replied on Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 09:52 AM CST
Actully i ment to say Midwest lol like Chicago area i mispoke lmao