Home > Forum > Warning Jeremy At Stone Plus No Pay

Warning Jeremy at Stone Plus No Pay

Oct 25, 2019 at 02:38 PM CST
+ 17 - 6
I recently delivered a load of river gravel out of a quarry 4 days after delivery he informs me that he isn't going to pay freight bill for delivery because it smells mind you river mud all over it but he plans to keep the gravel and sell I supplied him with a washout ticket still won't pay first off why wash for dirty river gravel but I did the load doesn't pay well anyway less than a $1.80 a mile yes I know too cheap but it got me out New York 72 a ton from Poland ,New York 1200 milesdo the math not worth it I guess the moral the the story is do yourself a favor don't haul for him that load paid or would have if he paid $1800.00 for 1200 miles don't pull cheap freight like this no matter what I'll deadhead 1200 miles before doing business with this crook again
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 09:18 AM CST
+ 5
Contact the quarry you loaded the product at, and inform them of the problem, they will likely stop using that broker and may even pick up the tab, they usually don’t want to loose future sales, brokers are easier to replace than customers.
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 09:18 AM CST
Man sorry to hear that you definitely have to be careful out here with brokers for sure and some customers. It's bull people like that are worthless I hope he goes out of business,were is this business
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 09:18 AM CST
+ 1
Go ol’school
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 09:19 AM CST
+ 3

If the receiver signed for it then the broker doesn't have a leg to stand on. File a claim with the broker's surety bond holder. Also, 1800 miles for $1200 is $1.50/mile. That's really cheap. Maybe the broker isn't totally to blame here. Think about it the next time you're willing to cut your own throat on the rate.

Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: DAVID KROUSE
Quote: "If the receiver signed for it then the broker doesn't have a leg to stand on. File a claim with the broker's surety bond holder. Also, 1800 miles for $1200 is $1.50/mile. That's really cheap. Maybe the broker isn't totally to blame here. Think about it the next time you're willing to cut your own throat on the rate. "

I only use him because of were I was nothing but cheap freight out out Pennsylvania and upset New York I'll never use him again
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: DAVID FREEZE
Quote: "Man sorry to hear that you definitely have to be careful out here with brokers for sure and some customers. It's bull people like that are worthless I hope he goes out of business,were is this business"

I just want everyone else to be aware of how he does business so they don't get taken this is the first load I've been burnt on in 35 years I consider myself lucky
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "Contact the quarry you loaded the product at, and inform them of the problem, they will likely stop using that broker and may even pick up the tab, they usually don’t want to loose future sales, brokers are easier to replace than customers."

Good idea thanks
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM CST
+ 1

One thing to find out would be, is Stone Plus a broker or are they the actual customer. I have never had any problem getting paid by Stone Plus and we have hauled several loads for them from several originations. If they are the actual customer, a broker bond will do you no good. Normally when we go into them it is always one of their yards. Scream and yell all you want to about brokers, but if you are dealing with the actual customer, you have a completely different set of problems.

Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 08:43 PM CST
+ 1
Well we know who hauls the cheap freight.....but hate to see you not get paid, if you have an actual verifiable washout, take him to small claims.
Replied on Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 08:44 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVID FREEZE
Quote: "Man sorry to hear that you definitely have to be careful out here with brokers for sure and some customers. It's bull people like that are worthless I hope he goes out of business,were is this business"

Jacksonville, Florida
Replied on Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 06:50 AM CST
+ 2
Mr. Miller,
Regrettably we all end up at some point with a non payment. This is why i use Smart Freight Funding. Takes the risk away.
Hauling cheap...thats on you. I don't know Stone Plus. However Stone plus might have a vesion of this. Did you have a load confirmation on this load? I've been at his for 40 plus years. Every time I let my guard down on confirmation sheets i regret it. Honestly I hope you can settle this.

Art Pfluger
Replied on Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 06:50 AM CST
Originally Posted by: MATT MECUM
Quote: "Well we know who hauls the cheap freight.....but hate to see you not get paid, if you have an actual verifiable washout, take him to small claims."

I normally don't it was the only thing available out of New York I'll bounce to Ohio before I will again I normally don't run up to that area because of the rates but the load up paid well I figured a $1.70 a mile was better than nothing but it doesn't matter if they don't pay I run that area about once a year won't happen again rates area to cheap out of that area
Replied on Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 04:00 PM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Mr. Miller, Regrettably we all end up at some point with a non payment. This is why i use Smart Freight Funding. Takes the risk away. Hauling cheap...thats on you. I don't know Stone Plus. However Stone plus might have a vesion of this. Did you have a load confirmation on this load? I've been at his for 40 plus years. Every time I let my guard down on confirmation sheets i regret it. Honestly I hope you can settle this. Art Pfluger "

So "Smart Freight Funding" is 100 percent no-strings-attached factoring? I seriously doubt that. Factornig services are scumbag parasites. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Many of these unscrupulous companies claim to never leave you stuck with an unpaid invoice but if you actually READ the contract in full every single one of them have some sort of clause that lists exceptions for when they bounce the invoice back to the Carrier and take their money back dircectly from your bank account. Frankly, if someone is using a factoring company they're probably already underfunded or dealing with a high risk customer with bad credit.

I looked into it heavily over the Summer because my best customer used a third party billing service to handle their accounts payable. This customer sent tons of business my way and always paid well. Problem was, their third party billing service paid very very late. I didn't want to lose their business so I figured I would use a factoring service to offset the huge parasitic drain on my working capital. I quickly found out how utterly imperative it is to READ contracts in their entirety before signing them. This entire industry survives off of the Carrier. All these stuff is built on OUR backs. Meanwhile too many of you are willing to let it continue. Stop feeding the bears!

Replied on Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 09:00 PM CST
+ 1
Mr. Krouse,
Obviously im to stupid to live. You're welcome to your opinion. I've used Smart Freight for MY benefit since they came around. I only factor what i want, customers that are slow or arisk or new. They have been awesome. They have never asked us to buy anything back. They have provided services above what was promised. My customers have not had complaints.However with my limited education im not sure i can read above 3rd grade.

Art Pfluger
Replied on Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 06:14 AM CST
+ 3 - 2

Why dont you tell the whole story, Wade? You delivered this load on Monday. It rained on Tuesday. Wednesday morning I pulled into our yard, and the smell was HORRIBLE!!! You cannot go within 150' of this material without smelling it. To you, this may be "just gravel" as you put it. To us, this is a product that we sell to a customer. I called you Wednesday to talk to you about it. You said you hauled chicken meal...well, what do you think will happen to chicken meal when it sits on a concrete lot in the sun and gets rained on??? I told you to provide me with a washout reciept, and all of this will go away. It took you until Friday afternoon to get a CLEARLY FORDGED RECIEPT to me. Anyone ever hear of "Bingham Tire and Truck Wash"? Becuase I spent about 45 minutes searching for them online and found ZERO results. So I asked you for their contact info...you couldn't produce it. Instead you send me some big long text about a bunch of whatever nonsense.

Honest and Integrity...right?

It breaks down to this...we have 25 tons of gravel in our parking lot that cannot be sold. It is in the way of other products. It is drawing complaints from customers. We cannot blow out parking lot off at the end of the day because of where this is. And, we have to find a company to wash this rock. Which means loading it into our trucks, hauling it to them, paying them to wash it, and then bringing it back to our yard. All becuase of your NEGLIGENCE and clear disregard for the product that you haul. Stone Plus has been in business for 30 years. We pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME. But you will be held accountable if you contaminate our product. It is that simple.

And don't complain about the rate. Supply and demand sets the rate. If you don't like it, don't haul it.

Anyone who would like to talk to me about this is more than welcome to.

Jeremy Bennison

Stone Plus

904-813-7884

Replied on Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 07:15 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Mr. Krouse, Obviously im to stupid to live. You're welcome to your opinion. I've used Smart Freight for MY benefit since they came around. I only factor what i want, customers that are slow or arisk or new. They have been awesome. They have never asked us to buy anything back. They have provided services above what was promised. My customers have not had complaints.However with my limited education im not sure i can read above 3rd grade. Art Pfluger "

Spreading misinformation on forums is deterimental to the entire industry. Telling people that your factoring company does not back charge in the case of non-payment of customer's invoice is misleading and harmful to those who may be inclined to use such a service. However, if your goal is to profit from your factoring sales here then I guess you win...right? I think you're way smarter than you let on. How much do you get for these factoring referrals? I hope the money is worth it.

Replied on Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 12:54 PM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Why dont you tell the whole story, Wade? You delivered this load on Monday. It rained on Tuesday. Wednesday morning I pulled into our yard, and the smell was HORRIBLE!!! You cannot go within 150' of this material without smelling it. To you, this may be "just gravel" as you put it. To us, this is a product that we sell to a customer. I called you Wednesday to talk to you about it. You said you hauled chicken meal...well, what do you think will happen to chicken meal when it sits on a concrete lot in the sun and gets rained on??? I told you to provide me with a washout reciept, and all of this will go away. It took you until Friday afternoon to get a CLEARLY FORDGED RECIEPT to me. Anyone ever hear of "Bingham Tire and Truck Wash"? Becuase I spent about 45 minutes searching for them online and found ZERO results. So I asked you for their contact info...you couldn't produce it. Instead you send me some big long text about a bunch of whatever nonsense. Honest and Integrity...right? It breaks down to this...we have 25 tons of gravel in our parking lot that cannot be sold. It is in the way of other products. It is drawing complaints from customers. We cannot blow out parking lot off at the end of the day because of where this is. And, we have to find a company to wash this rock. Which means loading it into our trucks, hauling it to them, paying them to wash it, and then bringing it back to our yard. All becuase of your NEGLIGENCE and clear disregard for the product that you haul. Stone Plus has been in business for 30 years. We pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME. But you will be held accountable if you contaminate our product. It is that simple. And don't complain about the rate. Supply and demand sets the rate. If you don't like it, don't haul it. Anyone who would like to talk to me about this is more than welcome to. Jeremy Bennison Stone Plus 904-813-7884"

Thanks for reply Jeremy Looks like there is two sides to this story, and then the truth. The truth is this is what you get when you let supply and demand set the rate instead of hiring someone you know is dependable. And in and end dump trailer, gravel belongs in end dumps I been in Business over 50 years with only one load not collected for no matter how I would have hauled your freight if you didn’t have an account with me you would have to pay before I unloaded . Moral of the story use truckers that you know and trust that have the correct equipment and pay what the Job is worth . But if you are interested in letting supply and demand set the rate you will probably continue to get free advertising.
Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 08:03 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JAMES DANA
Quote: "Thanks for reply Jeremy Looks like there is two sides to this story, and then the truth. The truth is this is what you get when you let supply and demand set the rate instead of hiring someone you know is dependable. And in and end dump trailer, gravel belongs in end dumps I been in Business over 50 years with only one load not collected for no matter how I would have hauled your freight if you didn’t have an account with me you would have to pay before I unloaded . Moral of the story use truckers that you know and trust that have the correct equipment and pay what the Job is worth . But if you are interested in letting supply and demand set the rate you will probably continue to get free advertising."

Your right about one thing it needs to be in a dump trailer I just pulled it because I broke down early in the week and this loaded Saturday wanted to stay business what Jeremy keeps leaving out it was river gravel and it was all muddy if you have been around river mud it smells I agreed to haul the gravel my mistake but I didn't agree to clean it for he uses the excuse supply and demand determines rate what a crock he pays cheap rates period I thought it would be better than bouncing out of that area for free my mistake for taking I'll bounce empty before I pull his cheap freight he doesn't understand how rates work it takes just as much to operate regardless whether its rock or not I need to get home is the only reason I took that load but never again
Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 08:06 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Why dont you tell the whole story, Wade? You delivered this load on Monday. It rained on Tuesday. Wednesday morning I pulled into our yard, and the smell was HORRIBLE!!! You cannot go within 150' of this material without smelling it. To you, this may be "just gravel" as you put it. To us, this is a product that we sell to a customer. I called you Wednesday to talk to you about it. You said you hauled chicken meal...well, what do you think will happen to chicken meal when it sits on a concrete lot in the sun and gets rained on??? I told you to provide me with a washout reciept, and all of this will go away. It took you until Friday afternoon to get a CLEARLY FORDGED RECIEPT to me. Anyone ever hear of "Bingham Tire and Truck Wash"? Becuase I spent about 45 minutes searching for them online and found ZERO results. So I asked you for their contact info...you couldn't produce it. Instead you send me some big long text about a bunch of whatever nonsense. Honest and Integrity...right? It breaks down to this...we have 25 tons of gravel in our parking lot that cannot be sold. It is in the way of other products. It is drawing complaints from customers. We cannot blow out parking lot off at the end of the day because of where this is. And, we have to find a company to wash this rock. Which means loading it into our trucks, hauling it to them, paying them to wash it, and then bringing it back to our yard. All becuase of your NEGLIGENCE and clear disregard for the product that you haul. Stone Plus has been in business for 30 years. We pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME. But you will be held accountable if you contaminate our product. It is that simple. And don't complain about the rate. Supply and demand sets the rate. If you don't like it, don't haul it. Anyone who would like to talk to me about this is more than welcome to. Jeremy Bennison Stone Plus 904-813-7884"

You are so full of crap you have my hand writing on file have it chechecked don't worry ill never haul your cheap freight again garbage rates and you know it I don't care what the freight is gravel or compare your rates they're garbage stop with the excuses you just got a free load of gravel no freight charge your gonna sell that rock if that rock smelled why didn't your people say something when I unloaded stop with the lies I plan to keep letting people know how you do business

Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 08:07 AM CST
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Mr. Miller, Regrettably we all end up at some point with a non payment. This is why i use Smart Freight Funding. Takes the risk away. Hauling cheap...thats on you. I don't know Stone Plus. However Stone plus might have a vesion of this. Did you have a load confirmation on this load? I've been at his for 40 plus years. Every time I let my guard down on confirmation sheets i regret it. Honestly I hope you can settle this. Art Pfluger "

I'm with Smart freight funding they're a full recourse company meaning going to charge it back to me I thought they would keep this from happening surprise they're great to work with but what a surprise
Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 08:07 AM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: ROSE PFLUGER
Quote: "Mr. Miller, Regrettably we all end up at some point with a non payment. This is why i use Smart Freight Funding. Takes the risk away. Hauling cheap...thats on you. I don't know Stone Plus. However Stone plus might have a vesion of this. Did you have a load confirmation on this load? I've been at his for 40 plus years. Every time I let my guard down on confirmation sheets i regret it. Honestly I hope you can settle this. Art Pfluger "

Yes I I have rate confirmation and he signed for the load when delivered
Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 10:44 AM CST
Kind of karma for both parties, but Stone Plus is coming out ahead, because they will actually get to sell the product once they wash it. Supply and demand does set the rates, but if you want quality service, you have to pay decent rates. Nobody I know even calls on those loads, because we all know they are the cheapest on the board. This situation is kind of like buying generic AirPods off of eBay for a 1/10 of the cost, then crying and disputing the charge when they don’t work like the originals. Raise your rates Stone Plus, require and pay for a wash out, and you just might get quality carriers.
Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 12:00 PM CST
+ 1 - 1
Originally Posted by: WILLIAM CROTTS
Quote: "Kind of karma for both parties, but Stone Plus is coming out ahead, because they will actually get to sell the product once they wash it. Supply and demand does set the rates, but if you want quality service, you have to pay decent rates. Nobody I know even calls on those loads, because we all know they are the cheapest on the board. This situation is kind of like buying generic AirPods off of eBay for a 1/10 of the cost, then crying and disputing the charge when they don’t work like the originals. Raise your rates Stone Plus, require and pay for a wash out, and you just might get quality carriers."

You can call it karma but you don't know the whole story I pulled a load of organic corn at a good rate for my dad he paid me $3.00 a mile to help him out I know you don't pull anything that cheap I broke on my way up I had a load booked for 90 a ton going 785 miles I know you don't pull anything that cheap but after I broke down I missed that I saw this load of river which had alot of river mud on it river mud stinks this loaded on Saturday and got me headed to the house yes it didn't pay very well but it would have paid my fuel home and a little extra I don't make it a habit of taking cheap freight like but bouncing 1300 miles didn't make sense to me and I needed to get home you can make your snide comments about paying better and getting better carriers I do very well 36 years I deliver on time no accidents this is the first I've been burned on i was due shit happens I'm not the first and won't be the last I'm going to do my best to make sure no one else gets burned by this guy i don't normally haul to Pennsylvania or New York because rates coming out of there suck but i made an exception to help my dad no regrets but people need to know about people like this if no one says anything someone else will get burned Florida is another place where rates suck coming out which I rarely go there but if rates good going in take a cheaper one coming doesn't hurt as bad this clown got me this time but it won't happen again
Replied on Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 05:25 PM CST
+ 2

You've been doing this for 36 years?! Wow. You didn't get a good enough rate going in to cover your deadhead back to a decent paying load and/or area. That's Carrier Operation 101 my friend. Can't believe you don't know that afer 36 years. Then you decided to take ANOTHER low paying load into ANOTHER notoriously dead/low paying freight area that left a huge deadhead home. I just don't see your logic here at all. Running for cheap into dead areas is a recipe for bankruptcy. You have to get your rate, plus your base milage added for the miles that cover your deadhead to your next load which is hopefully a better area. What good is $3 per mile if you spend all of it deadheading to another low paying area? You end up either losing all your extra and/or run into the "red" zone and LOSE money overall. Cheap freight only exists because guys like you pull it. I don't fault you for your business decisions, I fault you for crying about it and attempting to justify smashing the rates further into the ground. Why is your dad encouraging this type of operating? Why didn't you have something lined up out of NY before you agreed to run it? Why did you think running all the way to Florida from Upstate was a good idea with so many loads to run in between those stops? Why didn't you deadhead a much shorter distance back to the Midwest for a better paying load that would have generated REVENUE, not just fuel money when it was actually a more direct route back to Mississippi? I got to tell you, none of this makes sense at all.

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 06:54 AM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "You are so full of crap you have my hand writing on file have it chechecked don't worry ill never haul your cheap freight again garbage rates and you know it I don't care what the freight is gravel or compare your rates they're garbage stop with the excuses you just got a free load of gravel no freight charge your gonna sell that rock if that rock smelled why didn't your people say something when I unloaded stop with the lies I plan to keep letting people know how you do business"

More and more lies out of you Wade. Get off of this "its river mud" crap. You know damn good and well that was not corn in you trailer. It was chicken meal. I have been doing this long enough, bought enough loads, and visited enough quarries to know what we are going to get out of a load of rock. River mud is dirty, but does not attract flies. I am telling you, this pile is still in our lot and still smells to hell and back! Instead of crying on the load boards, why don't you admit you messed up? You assumed "its just gravel" so there was no need to even make an attempt to sweep out your trailer.

As for our rates, like I said, supply and demand will set those rates. Some of them may not be so good, but others are. We move gravel out of AL and NC year round for $2.25-$2.50/loaded mile. Because we move dozens of loads per month. It is always available.

Stone Plus has built an excellent reputation over the last 30 years. Because we do honest business. If we mess up, we will admit our fault and make it right. Maybe you should try to do the same!

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 07:41 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: DAVID KROUSE
Quote: "You've been doing this for 36 years?! Wow. You didn't get a good enough rate going in to cover your deadhead back to a decent paying load and/or area. That's Carrier Operation 101 my friend. Can't believe you don't know that afer 36 years. Then you decided to take ANOTHER low paying load into ANOTHER notoriously dead/low paying freight area that left a huge deadhead home. I just don't see your logic here at all. Running for cheap into dead areas is a recipe for bankruptcy. You have to get your rate, plus your base milage added for the miles that cover your deadhead to your next load which is hopefully a better area. What good is $3 per mile if you spend all of it deadheading to another low paying area? You end up either losing all your extra and/or run into the "red" zone and LOSE money overall. Cheap freight only exists because guys like you pull it. I don't fault you for your business decisions, I fault you for crying about it and attempting to justify smashing the rates further into the ground. Why is your dad encouraging this type of operating? Why didn't you have something lined up out of NY before you agreed to run it? Why did you think running all the way to Florida from Upstate was a good idea with so many loads to run in between those stops? Why didn't you deadhead a much shorter distance back to the Midwest for a better paying load that would have generated REVENUE, not just fuel money when it was actually a more direct route back to Mississippi? I got to tell you, none of this makes sense at all. "

Your full of crap dude if you can read I did my dad a favor going up there if you're telling me you would have gotten 6 dollars a mile round to go there you are full of crap you probably don't move much freight waiting on that 6 dollar a mile load they are very rare but I hear guys like you talking crap and if you could read better I had better paying load but i broke down and missed it i took what i could find late on a Friday afternoon oh i know you never break down and you always get round trip freight that's easy to say when you never get more than 10 miles from your house

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 07:41 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVID KROUSE
Quote: "You've been doing this for 36 years?! Wow. You didn't get a good enough rate going in to cover your deadhead back to a decent paying load and/or area. That's Carrier Operation 101 my friend. Can't believe you don't know that afer 36 years. Then you decided to take ANOTHER low paying load into ANOTHER notoriously dead/low paying freight area that left a huge deadhead home. I just don't see your logic here at all. Running for cheap into dead areas is a recipe for bankruptcy. You have to get your rate, plus your base milage added for the miles that cover your deadhead to your next load which is hopefully a better area. What good is $3 per mile if you spend all of it deadheading to another low paying area? You end up either losing all your extra and/or run into the "red" zone and LOSE money overall. Cheap freight only exists because guys like you pull it. I don't fault you for your business decisions, I fault you for crying about it and attempting to justify smashing the rates further into the ground. Why is your dad encouraging this type of operating? Why didn't you have something lined up out of NY before you agreed to run it? Why did you think running all the way to Florida from Upstate was a good idea with so many loads to run in between those stops? Why didn't you deadhead a much shorter distance back to the Midwest for a better paying load that would have generated REVENUE, not just fuel money when it was actually a more direct route back to Mississippi? I got to tell you, none of this makes sense at all. "

And to answer why I didn't deadhead back to the midwest for a better rate I had a good load paying 90 dollars a ton going 750 miles but i broke down before i delivered and missed it i grabbed what i could last minute don't tell me you haven't been in that situation if you haven't been your a liar and probably run strictly local your the typical wanna be talking crap

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:28 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "More and more lies out of you Wade. Get off of this "its river mud" crap. You know damn good and well that was not corn in you trailer. It was chicken meal. I have been doing this long enough, bought enough loads, and visited enough quarries to know what we are going to get out of a load of rock. River mud is dirty, but does not attract flies. I am telling you, this pile is still in our lot and still smells to hell and back! Instead of crying on the load boards, why don't you admit you messed up? You assumed "its just gravel" so there was no need to even make an attempt to sweep out your trailer. As for our rates, like I said, supply and demand will set those rates. Some of them may not be so good, but others are. We move gravel out of AL and NC year round for $2.25-$2.50/loaded mile. Because we move dozens of loads per month. It is always available. Stone Plus has built an excellent reputation over the last 30 years. Because we do honest business. If we mess up, we will admit our fault and make it right. Maybe you should try to do the same!"

If you paid someone 1.50 per mile, your honesty claim is out the window, as well as your right to complain about the service, in my opinion. My farm is beside the whetstone river, and black silty river mud stinks and collects flies until its dry. But even if your correct, and the gravel stinks like chicken butt, decomposition doesn't last forever. You are still coming out ahead. Rates that cheap aren't supply and demand, it's taking advantage of a situation. When you sell a load of rock, how much do u tell the customer the shipping was, when you pay1.50 for freight?
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:29 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "More and more lies out of you Wade. Get off of this "its river mud" crap. You know damn good and well that was not corn in you trailer. It was chicken meal. I have been doing this long enough, bought enough loads, and visited enough quarries to know what we are going to get out of a load of rock. River mud is dirty, but does not attract flies. I am telling you, this pile is still in our lot and still smells to hell and back! Instead of crying on the load boards, why don't you admit you messed up? You assumed "its just gravel" so there was no need to even make an attempt to sweep out your trailer. As for our rates, like I said, supply and demand will set those rates. Some of them may not be so good, but others are. We move gravel out of AL and NC year round for $2.25-$2.50/loaded mile. Because we move dozens of loads per month. It is always available. Stone Plus has built an excellent reputation over the last 30 years. Because we do honest business. If we mess up, we will admit our fault and make it right. Maybe you should try to do the same!"

Jeremy your full of crap you've never posted a load paying 2.25 or higher I've called several times you want people to haul your gravel for $105 a ton from Des Moines New Mexico 1500 miles that's a long way from 2.25 per mile I washed that trailer I gave you a receipt you keep avoiding the fact that your accepted and signed for the load never said a word about smell until you called 4 days later you have your product and your gonna sell that product free of freight charges if you have loads paying that you have dedicated companies they don't get posted and they're short loads I'm going to make sure this never happens to anyone else you got me I only pulled that load because I broke down and missed my other load and your load was loading Saturday and kept me from sitting the weekend I should have waited till Monday for my other load but I needed to get home never again your a crook and everyone is going to know it

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:30 AM CST
+ 1

I read it just fine and you clearly stated you took the load to "stay in business". That's quite pathetic that you didn't have the funds to deadhead to a better paying area with loads heading toward home. I hope new operators will read your post about running on the ragged edge of an underfunded operation to NOT follow your footsteps. You're one major breakdown away from bankruptcy. I bet you didn't wash your trailer out because you simply didn't have the money to pay for it. Sad.

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:35 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVID KROUSE
Quote: "You've been doing this for 36 years?! Wow. You didn't get a good enough rate going in to cover your deadhead back to a decent paying load and/or area. That's Carrier Operation 101 my friend. Can't believe you don't know that afer 36 years. Then you decided to take ANOTHER low paying load into ANOTHER notoriously dead/low paying freight area that left a huge deadhead home. I just don't see your logic here at all. Running for cheap into dead areas is a recipe for bankruptcy. You have to get your rate, plus your base milage added for the miles that cover your deadhead to your next load which is hopefully a better area. What good is $3 per mile if you spend all of it deadheading to another low paying area? You end up either losing all your extra and/or run into the "red" zone and LOSE money overall. Cheap freight only exists because guys like you pull it. I don't fault you for your business decisions, I fault you for crying about it and attempting to justify smashing the rates further into the ground. Why is your dad encouraging this type of operating? Why didn't you have something lined up out of NY before you agreed to run it? Why did you think running all the way to Florida from Upstate was a good idea with so many loads to run in between those stops? Why didn't you deadhead a much shorter distance back to the Midwest for a better paying load that would have generated REVENUE, not just fuel money when it was actually a more direct route back to Mississippi? I got to tell you, none of this makes sense at all. "

To bad you don't know what you're talking about your based in that area I rarely go there your the one driving rates down I had a better but I broke down this was a bale out load late on a Friday loading Saturday normally wouldn't have taken it but I needed to get home something came up you've been in that situation good for you
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:43 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DALE HERMANS
Quote: "If you paid someone 1.50 per mile, your honesty claim is out the window, as well as your right to complain about the service, in my opinion. My farm is beside the whetstone river, and black silty river mud stinks and collects flies until its dry. But even if your correct, and the gravel stinks like chicken butt, decomposition doesn't last forever. You are still coming out ahead. Rates that cheap aren't supply and demand, it's taking advantage of a situation. When you sell a load of rock, how much do u tell the customer the shipping was, when you pay1.50 for freight?"

THUNDER DOME anyone?
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:02 AM CST
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "Your an idiot I didn't say I needed that load to stay in business you better learn to read better what a moron"

I could afford to go home empty but why if you're saying you would have your the one on the edge of bankruptcy
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:02 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "Jeremy your full of crap you've never posted a load paying 2.25 or higher I've called several times you want people to haul your gravel for $105 a ton from Des Moines New Mexico 1500 miles that's a long way from 2.25 per mile I washed that trailer I gave you a receipt you keep avoiding the fact that your accepted and signed for the load never said a word about smell until you called 4 days later you have your product and your gonna sell that product free of freight charges if you have loads paying that you have dedicated companies they don't get posted and they're short loads I'm going to make sure this never happens to anyone else you got me I only pulled that load because I broke down and missed my other load and your load was loading Saturday and kept me from sitting the weekend I should have waited till Monday for my other load but I needed to get home never again your a crook and everyone is going to know it "

Check again, sir. I have loads posted right now paying that. Elmore, AL to Jacksonville, FL - $36/ton. Moving year round, non stop for anyone who might be interested.

And your washout receipt is clearly fordged. Give me some contact info for the people at that washout plant. If I can verify your washout receipt, we will pay you. But you know that place does not exist.


Our loads out of Des Moines are also set by supply and demand...they are paying $120/ton right now. Not great money, I will admit that. But nothing that will make you go broke off of either.

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:02 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "THUNDER DOME anyone? "

Thank you that's the point I've been trying to make
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:02 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: DAVID KROUSE
Quote: "I read it just fine and you clearly stated you took the load to "stay in business". That's quite pathetic that you didn't have the funds to deadhead to a better paying area with loads heading toward home. I hope new operators will read your post about running on the ragged edge of an underfunded operation to NOT follow your footsteps. You're one major breakdown away from bankruptcy. I bet you didn't wash your trailer out because you simply didn't have the money to pay for it. Sad."

Your an idiot I didn't say I needed that load to stay in business you better learn to read better what a moron
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:23 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DALE HERMANS
Quote: "If you paid someone 1.50 per mile, your honesty claim is out the window, as well as your right to complain about the service, in my opinion. My farm is beside the whetstone river, and black silty river mud stinks and collects flies until its dry. But even if your correct, and the gravel stinks like chicken butt, decomposition doesn't last forever. You are still coming out ahead. Rates that cheap aren't supply and demand, it's taking advantage of a situation. When you sell a load of rock, how much do u tell the customer the shipping was, when you pay1.50 for freight?"

With all due respect Dale, river gravel is our top selling product. We move thousands of tons of this product every year. It does not stink and does not have flies around it, unless contaminated with an organic product. Decomposition may not last forever, but waht should we do with it in the mean time? The smell is simply unbearable. How are we supposed to walk a customer around our lot and show our product to them when they cannot even be on our property without wanting to vomit? How much do you think it will cost us to get this rock cleaned? Letting the rain wash it off will take weeks, so that is not an option. Keep in mind, I am not the one who took to the load boards complaining. I am simply defending our decision to hold Mr. Miller accountable for the negligence he has shown towards our product. If he provides me with contact info for the washout plant that he says he used, I will verify the authenticity of his recepit and gladly pay him. But I have not been able to find this company and he has been of no help either. What are we supposed to do?

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:35 AM CST
+ 2
I have no skin in the game Jeremy, so I don't know what you should do about the gravel. I see your point. But I still think its self induced based on the rate. That pay covers only fuel and the truck payment, leaves no room for a wage or maintenance, and definitely leaves no room to afford a washout. I defend truckers in general, not this trucker. How do you know the washout slip is forged? I could give 2 washout companies I use regularly that hand write the ticket. If that hand written ticket is contested, you may have a hard time getting in touch with some of the washout places because the people speak poor english. Or they dont care because the employee at the washout is paid min wage. This situation may not apply to yours, but that low of a rate is disgusting, and if it wasn't for the hours of service doing its job of leveling the playing field, you'd never get away with moving loads that cheap. I mean no personal offense
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:51 AM CST
He has loads in colo right now
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:51 AM CST
+ 2
All you have to do is just read all the comments and this is why we can't get anywhere with anything in the trucking industry. Guys are to busy telling somebody how stupid they are for what they do or how they get loads or who factors there frieght bills or what kind of truck they drive or just whatever. We can't get anywhere with things everyone what's to criticize someone and act like what they do is the right thing and everyone else is wrong we have all did things we aren't proud of. This industry will just keep getting worst until the drivers pull there heads out of the mud and or in this case gravel and understand that without us none of this shit moves everyone take some money pay all the fuel haulers to take a week or 2 vacation and we will stop all this shit but we have to band together to every make a difference. I know I have made many bad decisions I'm looking for a place to lease a truck on right now but that's just part of life.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:33 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Check again, sir. I have loads posted right now paying that. Elmore, AL to Jacksonville, FL - $36/ton. Moving year round, non stop for anyone who might be interested. And your washout receipt is clearly fordged. Give me some contact info for the people at that washout plant. If I can verify your washout receipt, we will pay you. But you know that place does not exist. Our loads out of Des Moines are also set by supply and demand...they are paying $120/ton right now. Not great money, I will admit that. But nothing that will make you go broke off of either. "

Must be new rates you just posted and that washout ticket isn't forged just excuse for not paying and the bottom line is no matter what rate you post everyone is going to know that you don't pay you have your rock your going to sell that rock but you don't want to pay for delivery of the rock your a crook go to the river and grab a hand of that black silty mud it stink maybe not in the city which you have clearly never been out to the river
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:34 AM CST
We used to have the ICC to protect the customers property, As well as the truckers, but then greedy people had them whacked because they wanted cheap freight, and now it’s here, and this is what it looks like. None of you would walk into a restaurant and start yelling insults at the cook or waitress, and then expect good service or food, but every time you offer a low rate to a trucker you are doing just that. The old guys who have pride like myself are leaving soon, we are tired of waiting for change, how long will any of you be in business when all of your loads are damaged? Bad weather is coming and you have the ELD mandate combined with falling rates, and inexperienced drivers, how many drivers will take time to do it right then? And when the lawyers find out that the truckers are broke and have no money to go after, they will be showing up at your door steps next. Notice how the ATA is complaining about lawsuits and demanding tort reform? Why don’t they want to be held accountable? It’s because all that’s left to put behind the wheel are idiots, and they can’t solve that problem with low rates.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:48 AM CST
Nothing going to FL pays very good. Loads out of FL are worse paying. You could of loaded glass going south but that has it's own issues Tons of feed loads going south out of NY & PA. I've hauled river stone from PA to Stone Plus before with no issues.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM CST
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "Must be new rates you just posted and that washout ticket isn't forged just excuse for not paying and the bottom line is no matter what rate you post everyone is going to know that you don't pay you have your rock your going to sell that rock but you don't want to pay for delivery of the rock your a crook go to the river and grab a hand of that black silty mud it stink maybe not in the city which you have clearly never been out to the river"

Try again, Wade. You do not build a business as successful as Stone Plus and stay in business for 30 years by not paying people. You have seen multiple people on this thread already state they have had not problem getting paid by Stone Plus. I have given you the opprotunity to help yourself by getting contact info for this washout plant to me, but you still fail to do so. I am done wasting my time with you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 01:05 PM CST
+ 3
Jermey you and wade are the only two individuals who really know what happened, and now that you accused him of forging a wash ticket you just made the problem worse by giving others the idea to try that, many who wouldn’t have thought of it on their own, but now it’s out there regardless. Some of the material I haul is worth several thousand dollars a ton, so those loads I always charge my washout to a credit card, that way I have double documentation if there is a insurance claim on the cargo, and I take pictures before the product goes in the trailer, those precautions have served me well over the years.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 02:52 PM CST
Originally Posted by: RANDY SWOPES
Quote: "He has loads in colo right now"

Yes and they're usually very cheap
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 03:04 PM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Try again, Wade. You do not build a business as successful as Stone Plus and stay in business for 30 years by not paying people. You have seen multiple people on this thread already state they have had not problem getting paid by Stone Plus. I have given you the opprotunity to help yourself by getting contact info for this washout plant to me, but you still fail to do so. I am done wasting my time with you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. "

We all have to use cheap independent washout facilities I'm not in New York nor do I plan to just to get you his number I gave you his receipt but that isn't good enough just admit your a crook you don't want to pay but your going to sell the rock I only pulled that because I broke down and missed my other load your loads are cheap I had no intention of pulling I should have waited until Monday and got my other load it paid 90 a ton and half the distance I don't need your freight at your garbage rates I will continue make people aware of your business practices
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 03:37 PM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: DALE HERMANS
Quote: "I have no skin in the game Jeremy, so I don't know what you should do about the gravel. I see your point. But I still think its self induced based on the rate. That pay covers only fuel and the truck payment, leaves no room for a wage or maintenance, and definitely leaves no room to afford a washout. I defend truckers in general, not this trucker. How do you know the washout slip is forged? I could give 2 washout companies I use regularly that hand write the ticket. If that hand written ticket is contested, you may have a hard time getting in touch with some of the washout places because the people speak poor english. Or they dont care because the employee at the washout is paid min wage. This situation may not apply to yours, but that low of a rate is disgusting, and if it wasn't for the hours of service doing its job of leveling the playing field, you'd never get away with moving loads that cheap. I mean no personal offense "

I drove this small independent tire shop who did washouts outside of Binghamton New York probably couldn't find him again and don't plan on going back to that rates are to cheap I use another guy in Georgia he built a wood stand you back up beside in his yard they give you hand written receipts I like using small places like that they're cheap just trying to make a living I wasn't driving 200 miles or to get to a washout it wouldn't have mattered he wouldn't have paid anyway he's got his product and is selling it freight free I just won't use him again if your out here long enough your gonna get burned that's just the law of averages
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 04:50 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "Jermey you and wade are the only two individuals who really know what happened, and now that you accused him of forging a wash ticket you just made the problem worse by giving others the idea to try that, many who wouldn’t have thought of it on their own, but now it’s out there regardless. Some of the material I haul is worth several thousand dollars a ton, so those loads I always charge my washout to a credit card, that way I have double documentation if there is a insurance claim on the cargo, and I take pictures before the product goes in the trailer, those precautions have served me well over the years."

I never forged the washout ticket I have the original it's just his excuse not to pay
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 05:15 PM CST
Originally Posted by: RICHARD RICKLEY
Quote: "Nothing going to FL pays very good. Loads out of FL are worse paying. You could of loaded glass going south but that has it's own issues Tons of feed loads going south out of NY & PA. I've hauled river stone from PA to Stone Plus before with no issues."

I pulled a dump bucket OTR for a decade straight, I always found the rates to be a joke, nothing pays enough to bounce for, so I went back to running local and most stuff pays hourly or enough to bounce for, On the road I burned 140 gallons a day, now I burn 80-90 but still gross the same, I would have stayed out there if weren’t for that communist ELD mandate, but so be it, I am never more than a couple hours from home now, so if the bastards did stick a retarded ELD on us local guys and I ran out of hours, I could easily PC it home, or have a family member come get me, and I would be home drinking beer and riding my Hog at night. Get on a state job, and you can afford to take the winter off, leave the truck parked in a snow bank all winter.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:26 PM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "I pulled a dump bucket OTR for a decade straight, I always found the rates to be a joke, nothing pays enough to bounce for, so I went back to running local and most stuff pays hourly or enough to bounce for, On the road I burned 140 gallons a day, now I burn 80-90 but still gross the same, I would have stayed out there if weren’t for that communist ELD mandate, but so be it, I am never more than a couple hours from home now, so if the bastards did stick a retarded ELD on us local guys and I ran out of hours, I could easily PC it home, or have a family member come get me, and I would be home drinking beer and riding my Hog at night. Get on a state job, and you can afford to take the winter off, leave the truck parked in a snow bank all winter."

I understand companies like Stone Plus want you to haul their freight but don't want to pay a decent rate or pay at all I'm trying to work my way into a situation like yours and let these people find someone else to haul their cheap freight when theres no one left to haul this garbage freight they'll be begging for drivers dealing with people like this has ruined trucking every since Jimmy Carter deregulated trucking it's steadily gotten worse
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:26 PM CST
We haved pulled for stone plus many times, never had any issues. Put rock in hoppers all the time.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:26 PM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: DALE HERMANS
Quote: "I have no skin in the game Jeremy, so I don't know what you should do about the gravel. I see your point. But I still think its self induced based on the rate. That pay covers only fuel and the truck payment, leaves no room for a wage or maintenance, and definitely leaves no room to afford a washout. I defend truckers in general, not this trucker. How do you know the washout slip is forged? I could give 2 washout companies I use regularly that hand write the ticket. If that hand written ticket is contested, you may have a hard time getting in touch with some of the washout places because the people speak poor english. Or they dont care because the employee at the washout is paid min wage. This situation may not apply to yours, but that low of a rate is disgusting, and if it wasn't for the hours of service doing its job of leveling the playing field, you'd never get away with moving loads that cheap. I mean no personal offense "

If the rate was to low he should not have taken it.
Replied on Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 08:27 PM CST
Rock is exempt
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 05:47 AM CST
Rock is only exempt if you don’t cross state lines, Ironically the guys who hual dirt locally are running circles around the guys running dumps OTR, especially the guys with quad axle dump trucks, getting paid hourly and sitting in line most of the time, burning less than 50 gallons of fuel a day, they can afford to park the truck for the entire winter but none of these OTR guys could afford to park for one week to make a stand against the ELD mandate, especially ones with hoppers. You think rock belongs in hoppers, that are built out of 20 guage sheet aluminum? Drop some 4x6 inch cobble in it from a bucket loader, and tell me how that works out for you? I see guys from North Dakota come into a local granite quarry all the time, thinking their smart because they are lighter than a end dump trying to cut a rate, then when their tin foil thin slopes wear through, or get all dented up from frozen chunks, we never see them again. One day I got a email from the dumbest broker on the planet, saying he had loads of cast iron that could go in a hopper or a dump.
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 05:47 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "Jermey you and wade are the only two individuals who really know what happened, and now that you accused him of forging a wash ticket you just made the problem worse by giving others the idea to try that, many who wouldn’t have thought of it on their own, but now it’s out there regardless. Some of the material I haul is worth several thousand dollars a ton, so those loads I always charge my washout to a credit card, that way I have double documentation if there is a insurance claim on the cargo, and I take pictures before the product goes in the trailer, those precautions have served me well over the years."

Or he "gave others a warning" that shippers, and/or brokers aren't as stupid as you think.
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 05:47 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "I understand companies like Stone Plus want you to haul their freight but don't want to pay a decent rate or pay at all I'm trying to work my way into a situation like yours and let these people find someone else to haul their cheap freight when theres no one left to haul this garbage freight they'll be begging for drivers dealing with people like this has ruined trucking every since Jimmy Carter deregulated trucking it's steadily gotten worse"

Why don't you learn how to write at a 4th grade level, at least. It's hard to believe you, when you can't even use proper punctuation. GEES! Have you ever heard of a paragraph? Why don't you just admit it. You thought you were smart, and tried to forge a washout because you were figured, "who cares, it's just rock", and "I don't have time". Lesson learned. You're probably the same guy that leaves piles of product at the truck stops, or wherever else you deemed necessary to save a few bucks, or a few minutes.
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 05:47 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DANIEL CORBIN
Quote: "If the rate was to low he should not have taken it."

The only reason I took it I broke down missed my reload and this one loaded Saturday last minute deal wasn't the ideal but kept me from deadheading or sitting the weekend
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 05:48 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: DANIEL CORBIN
Quote: "We haved pulled for stone plus many times, never had any issues. Put rock in hoppers all the time."

I don't like pulling it rate is way to cheap after breaking I missed my reload I only pull them as a last resort
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:28 AM CST
Here's a thought Jeremy, Maybe do like some brokers, and offer reimbursement for washouts. but you might need to set a few rules, like phome number for verification purposes. We do get some handwritten receipts as well, some small startups that you'll never find online.
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:29 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: WES CROSLOW
Quote: "Why don't you learn how to write at a 4th grade level, at least. It's hard to believe you, when you can't even use proper punctuation. GEES! Have you ever heard of a paragraph? Why don't you just admit it. You thought you were smart, and tried to forge a washout because you were figured, "who cares, it's just rock", and "I don't have time". Lesson learned. You're probably the same guy that leaves piles of product at the truck stops, or wherever else you deemed necessary to save a few bucks, or a few minutes."

One more thing I don't blame guys who dump in rest areas shippers like Jeremy pay so low you can't afford to wash out and I've never had a claim because I wash out after every load seems funny to his people unloading me never said a word until 4 days after unloading there wasn't a problem with the load but he figured out a way to get his freight for free
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:30 AM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: WES CROSLOW
Quote: "Why don't you learn how to write at a 4th grade level, at least. It's hard to believe you, when you can't even use proper punctuation. GEES! Have you ever heard of a paragraph? Why don't you just admit it. You thought you were smart, and tried to forge a washout because you were figured, "who cares, it's just rock", and "I don't have time". Lesson learned. You're probably the same guy that leaves piles of product at the truck stops, or wherever else you deemed necessary to save a few bucks, or a few minutes."

Just for the sake of knowledge Wes.....your period after "why dont you just admit it", that's a sentence fragment, I think most english teachers would have rather seen a comma there, or a question mark, if it's not a fragment . And next, "tried to forge a washout because you were figured", my english teachers would have said the "were", was unnecessary.

Anyway Wes, I mean this to be humorous, not angry. There's alot of the pot calling the kettle black here. On grammar, as well as rates we've hauled for. I did some cheap loads when I started, then decided I like profit.
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:30 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "Your full of crap dude if you can read I did my dad a favor going up there if you're telling me you would have gotten 6 dollars a mile round to go there you are full of crap you probably don't move much freight waiting on that 6 dollar a mile load they are very rare but I hear guys like you talking crap and if you could read better I had better paying load but i broke down and missed it i took what i could find late on a Friday afternoon oh i know you never break down and you always get round trip freight that's easy to say when you never get more than 10 miles from your house"

Maybe he could read if you actually used puntuation in your rants. Makes it difficultwhenitallrunstogether.............

Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:30 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
Originally Posted by: WES CROSLOW
Quote: "Or he "gave others a warning" that shippers, and/or brokers aren't as stupid as you think."

I see the problem with you from California the tax and liberal think everything the land of high taxes high fuel cost
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:30 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: WES CROSLOW
Quote: "Why don't you learn how to write at a 4th grade level, at least. It's hard to believe you, when you can't even use proper punctuation. GEES! Have you ever heard of a paragraph? Why don't you just admit it. You thought you were smart, and tried to forge a washout because you were figured, "who cares, it's just rock", and "I don't have time". Lesson learned. You're probably the same guy that leaves piles of product at the truck stops, or wherever else you deemed necessary to save a few bucks, or a few minutes."

Spoken like a company driver no I don't dump in rest areas my shippers require washout tickets to load I sent him a copy of my washout he's just looking for an excuse not to pay go be an English teacher your probably better at it
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:30 AM CST
- 1
Originally Posted by: WES CROSLOW
Quote: "Why don't you learn how to write at a 4th grade level, at least. It's hard to believe you, when you can't even use proper punctuation. GEES! Have you ever heard of a paragraph? Why don't you just admit it. You thought you were smart, and tried to forge a washout because you were figured, "who cares, it's just rock", and "I don't have time". Lesson learned. You're probably the same guy that leaves piles of product at the truck stops, or wherever else you deemed necessary to save a few bucks, or a few minutes."

No I'm not I wash after every load so that I don't contaminant loads required all my shippers and I'm not in English class so if you don't like it don't read it
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 10:04 AM CST
+ 1 - 1
Originally Posted by: BRUCE GARMAN
Quote: "Maybe he could read if you actually used puntuation in your rants. Makes it difficultwhenitallrunstogether............."

Another English teacher
Replied on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:58 AM CST
+ 1

Update for anyone who is wondering - we currently have maggots in this rock. Yes, maggots. Think that came from river mud?!

Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 07:09 AM CST
I wonder where this load of river rock originated
Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 07:10 AM CST
+ 1
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Update for anyone who is wondering - we currently have maggots in this rock. Yes, maggots. Think that came from river mud?!"

Getting desperate been taking to a few brokers who you try and get to help peddle your cheap freight I'm not the first driver you've cheated
Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 07:10 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Update for anyone who is wondering - we currently have maggots in this rock. Yes, maggots. Think that came from river mud?!"

Something you don't understand every place I deliver weighs me in and out they make sure they get all their product you don't leave with a bunch of product in your trailer and I hauled organic corn your people unloading me never said a thing to me while unloading I watched them push the gravel on to the pile you already had it was probably already in your gravel
Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 08:20 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Update for anyone who is wondering - we currently have maggots in this rock. Yes, maggots. Think that came from river mud?!"

more lies and just another excuse not to pay

Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 08:29 AM CST
Originally Posted by: PAUL BLUHM
Quote: "I wonder where this load of river rock originated"

I was wondering that myself, I have never heard of anyone shipping “dirty material “ that kind of distance, it just wouldn’t make sense economically, usually landscape rock is always put through a wash plant, even when it’s sold locally. That said, I have to wonder why they accepted delivery of it, and signed for receipt of it? If there was a problem why didn’t they refuse to accept it? File a insurance claim on it ? Send it back?
Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 08:46 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "I was wondering that myself, I have never heard of anyone shipping “dirty material “ that kind of distance, it just wouldn’t make sense economically, usually landscape rock is always put through a wash plant, even when it’s sold locally. That said, I have to wonder why they accepted delivery of it, and signed for receipt of it? If there was a problem why didn’t they refuse to accept it? File a insurance claim on it ? Send it back? "

This load originated in Poland, NY. This gravel is one that we have been carrying for about 8 months now. It is our most expensive product because of the freight. We decided to give it a try because we have a lot of requests for a grey river rock.

The issue we are dealing with is not typically noticable at the time of delivery. It takes a few days of sitting in the sun on a concrete lot and a bit of rain to release the smell. This load was delivered on Monday. It rained on Tuesday, and we noticed the smell first thing Wednesday morning. I contacted Mr. Miller as soon as it was brought to our attention. Had we noticed the smell at the time of delivery, he would have been rejected right away.

I hope this answers your questions...

Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 09:19 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "This load originated in Poland, NY. This gravel is one that we have been carrying for about 8 months now. It is our most expensive product because of the freight. We decided to give it a try because we have a lot of requests for a grey river rock. The issue we are dealing with is not typically noticable at the time of delivery. It takes a few days of sitting in the sun on a concrete lot and a bit of rain to release the smell. This load was delivered on Monday. It rained on Tuesday, and we noticed the smell first thing Wednesday morning. I contacted Mr. Miller as soon as it was brought to our attention. Had we noticed the smell at the time of delivery, he would have been rejected right away. I hope this answers your questions..."

doesn't smell on Monday but smells on Tuesday

Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 09:40 AM CST
+ 1

Has anyone taken the time to pull a sample of the residue in the rock and send it to the state lab to have it analyzed. That would put an end to all this finger pointing and solve the issue quickly. If it is chicken meal as Jeremy states , he would have absolute proof. If it proves to be something else, Wade would have absolute proof.

Replied on Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 09:40 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "I was wondering that myself, I have never heard of anyone shipping “dirty material “ that kind of distance, it just wouldn’t make sense economically, usually landscape rock is always put through a wash plant, even when it’s sold locally. That said, I have to wonder why they accepted delivery of it, and signed for receipt of it? If there was a problem why didn’t they refuse to accept it? File a insurance claim on it ? Send it back? "

I unloaded organic corn near Binghamton, NY washed out drove 150 miles or more with tarp open and doors open regardless of what I had there wouldn't be enough to make that rock smell he's just a crook he says I didn't smell Monday when delivered but smells Tuesday you open your doors and drive forward to unload in his paved lot then scooped it up with an end loader mixing it with what he had I'm not the first he's done this to but hopefully I'll be the last
Replied on Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 07:24 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DUANE GEISELMAN
Quote: "Has anyone taken the time to pull a sample of the residue in the rock and send it to the state lab to have it analyzed. That would put an end to all this finger pointing and solve the issue quickly. If it is chicken meal as Jeremy states , he would have absolute proof. If it proves to be something else, Wade would have absolute proof."

As soon as I unloaded it they mixed with their product ihad a clean trailer it didn't smell when I unloaded it they never said anything it's a little strange he said this had happened before he's just putting off on me
Replied on Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 06:52 AM CST
+ 2
Originally Posted by: WADE MILLER
Quote: "As soon as I unloaded it they mixed with their product ihad a clean trailer it didn't smell when I unloaded it they never said anything it's a little strange he said this had happened before he's just putting off on me"

Wade you need to let this go. I don't think there is a single person reading this that believes you. Yes, it has happened to us before. Only difference is that past haulers admit their mistakes and do not cry about it on a load board. You should know something...under Florida law, the only thing we are missing is 100% absolute proof that this load is contaminated to have you guilty of slander. If we send this to a lab and have it tested, are you truly confident in the results? Are you ready to take this that far? Move. On. Stop your crying. You are not accomplishing anything.

Replied on Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 06:52 AM CST
Originally Posted by: DAVE WINTERS
Quote: "Contact the quarry you loaded the product at, and inform them of the problem, they will likely stop using that broker and may even pick up the tab, they usually don’t want to loose future sales, brokers are easier to replace than customers."

I agree with this comment. Most shippers will stop paying that broker and pay you direct.

Replied on Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 06:52 AM CST
+ 1

Maybe it's just me but I would NOT consider this a "good" rate as Jeremy so proudly boasted of in one of his previous posts. I took a screenshot of the post and attached it. With ZERO deadhead the rate only came out to be about $2.05/mile to go to Florida. A known dead freight area. Elmore AL to Palm Coast FL paying a measly $38/ton on 446 miles. That's way too cheap even if you're empty in Elmore and have a reload in Palm Beach to elimante empty miles. Hell, even then it's still only covering operating cost at most OOs break even point. So basically hauling for free! If this load's picks and drops were reversed I'd agree it would be a good rate then...but it's not. I'm rarely lucky enough to get anything paying out of of FL. Usually have to deadhead to GA.

I keep hearing that SOME brokers are decent and offer valuable services to OOs but I haven't seen any on this loadboard since I've joined. In fact, I see tons of postings from brokers with "NOT AUTHORIZED" authorities in FMCSA's database and too many that don't have authority at all! Lots of lengthy days to pay, bad credit, poor reviews and/or no bonds. Seems to me, they're more trouble than they're worth. It's a shame because I'd have no problem sharing an open, honest and fair percentage to anyone I could rely on the be my personalized sales force so to speak. BTW, credit isn't a dealbreaker to me as long as the customer is willing pay on COD terms. Otherwise, I wouldn't extend credit to anyone on NET30 terms without a stellar rating.

I've been following this thread sine Wade's first post. I think there's valuable information in it for those who may be so inclined to read it all. If we want to see change in our industry we must be willing to share our knowledge with our brothers. The reason seedy people get away with the things they do is because they can. If more carriers are informed they'll have the power to squash the parasites from taking advantage of them.

Replied on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 06:59 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Wade you need to let this go. I don't think there is a single person reading this that believes you. Yes, it has happened to us before. Only difference is that past haulers admit their mistakes and do not cry about it on a load board. You should know something...under Florida law, the only thing we are missing is 100% absolute proof that this load is contaminated to have you guilty of slander. If we send this to a lab and have it tested, are you truly confident in the results? Are you ready to take this that far? Move. On. Stop your crying. You are not accomplishing anything. "

Yes I am because I hauled corn and your people mixed it with the rock you already had that was contaminated and when I take you to court I have signed with you receiving your product and your refusing to pay as you just admitted it's happened before you contaminated this load yourself it wasn't unload that was contaminated I washed out I sent you the washout ticket your a crook
Replied on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 07:00 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Wade you need to let this go. I don't think there is a single person reading this that believes you. Yes, it has happened to us before. Only difference is that past haulers admit their mistakes and do not cry about it on a load board. You should know something...under Florida law, the only thing we are missing is 100% absolute proof that this load is contaminated to have you guilty of slander. If we send this to a lab and have it tested, are you truly confident in the results? Are you ready to take this that far? Move. On. Stop your crying. You are not accomplishing anything. "

Your people signed for it .And it didn't smell until 4 days later after you mixed it with your product
Replied on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 07:00 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Wade you need to let this go. I don't think there is a single person reading this that believes you. Yes, it has happened to us before. Only difference is that past haulers admit their mistakes and do not cry about it on a load board. You should know something...under Florida law, the only thing we are missing is 100% absolute proof that this load is contaminated to have you guilty of slander. If we send this to a lab and have it tested, are you truly confident in the results? Are you ready to take this that far? Move. On. Stop your crying. You are not accomplishing anything. "

I will repost this every couple of months not going to cheat anyone else how would they test it after they mixed it with your product you admitted to receiving contaminated product before I delivered
Replied on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 07:00 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Wade you need to let this go. I don't think there is a single person reading this that believes you. Yes, it has happened to us before. Only difference is that past haulers admit their mistakes and do not cry about it on a load board. You should know something...under Florida law, the only thing we are missing is 100% absolute proof that this load is contaminated to have you guilty of slander. If we send this to a lab and have it tested, are you truly confident in the results? Are you ready to take this that far? Move. On. Stop your crying. You are not accomplishing anything. "

Theres no slander you received your product you didn't pay me your rates are cheap all facts
Replied on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 07:00 AM CST
Originally Posted by: JEREMY BENNISON
Quote: "Wade you need to let this go. I don't think there is a single person reading this that believes you. Yes, it has happened to us before. Only difference is that past haulers admit their mistakes and do not cry about it on a load board. You should know something...under Florida law, the only thing we are missing is 100% absolute proof that this load is contaminated to have you guilty of slander. If we send this to a lab and have it tested, are you truly confident in the results? Are you ready to take this that far? Move. On. Stop your crying. You are not accomplishing anything. "

You need to learn to read better Florida slander law says false statements all facts you received the product signed for product won't pay for product all facts your not real bright and your going to sell product all facts